Proven Goalscorer

thistle4tw

just wondering about tommorow and how things will go if doolan or stewart or dargo are on form which they really haven't been lately. Stating the obvious i know but i feel like saying something about it we have a fantastic goal supplier in cairney and paton if hes up for it. but players like elliot doolan and stewart seem to be wasting the chances, i mean doolan and elliot are young but if you look at last weeks scorers cairney got a double erskine got 1 and elliot could only get a tap in. i really hope in january jaggy mac can pull in a striker(easier said than done i know) but the potential is fantastic for even if we had a 2007 liam buchanan he with the current goal suppliers we have could have got atleast 18 or so goals. I just hope kris or elliot can make me eat my words by sticking some in tommorow but i just have visions of paul cairney and paton whipping them in and christie and doolan tapping them wide from point blank range. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes:

And yet Doolan did the business last season! Here's hoping that he can recover his goal-scoring form soon.

At the moment, Cairney is not just provider, he's the main scorer too!

true, he is a managers dream being both a great provider, goal hungry and a good work rate i'll be gutted if we get someone like mcmenamin or weatherston in and hearts or someone nick him. also id include sinclair if he improved his passing.

just wondering about tommorow and how things will go if doolan or stewart or dargo are on form which they really haven't been lately. Stating the obvious i know but i feel like saying something about it we have a fantastic goal supplier in cairney and paton if hes up for it. but players like elliot doolan and stewart seem to be wasting the chances, i mean doolan and elliot are young but if you look at last weeks scorers cairney got a double erskine got 1 and elliot could only get a tap in. i really hope in january jaggy mac can pull in a striker(easier said than done i know) but the potential is fantastic for even if we had a 2007 liam buchanan he with the current goal suppliers we have could have got atleast 18 or so goals. I just hope kris or elliot can make me eat my words by sticking some in tommorow but i just have visions of paul cairney and paton whipping them in and christie and doolan tapping them wide from point blank range. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes:

Any chance we can give Dargo more than 30 to 45 minutes before we start commenting as to whether he is on form or not ?

Any chance we can give Dargo more than 30 to 45 minutes before we start commenting as to whether he is on form or not ?

i believe he has played about 80 mins ;) i don't remember typin dargo any chance that i could get a chance at a chance of a second chance at chances at typing withought my eyes closed B)

Edited by thistle4tw

Have we really been creating lots of chances and missing them.. not so sure about that? Yes the strikers need to step it up but have felt from Day 1 this season we need a creative midfielfer who can open up a defence regularly

Rowson is a tidy passer yes and Hutton can hit a pass but mainly of a square nature and anyway he goes back to Rangers soon,Cairney has had a really good season to date but he is a different kind of player and after that think we lack that type of player.

Do we all agree and if so who perhaps can we bring in come January?

It's a confidence thing surely? Doolan is clearly our most capable striker, and is (for the most part) actually playing well. He's not scoring, but many more famous strikers than he have had longer barren runs.

Dargo though. Seriously? Just say no kids. ;)

Did well today at full fitness could end our worries of lack of goals from our strikers. Has the quality and a hunger for goals just need to get him on a long term deal if he produces the goods consistently ofcourse.

Edited by thistle4tw

So the Club pushes the boat out and signs a proven goalscorer.

The team continue to maintain the levels of creativity, shown in the last couple of months and the proven goalscorer delivers the same goal return as our current strikers.

The problem isn't solved as the Club have no return to their investment.

The fundamental issue here is creativity. I think Doolan's been unlucky in the last few weeks. Maybe doing so well last season makes him an easy target if the team are not providing him with decent service.

So the Club pushes the boat out and signs a proven goalscorer.

The team continue to maintain the levels of creativity, shown in the last couple of months and the proven goalscorer delivers the same goal return as our current strikers.

The problem isn't solved as the Club have no return to their investment.

The fundamental issue here is creativity. I think Doolan's been unlucky in the last few weeks. Maybe doing so well last season makes him an easy target if the team are not providing him with decent service.

Who knows but doolan just seems to be a emile Heskey type player at the moment. Elliot is pretty lacklustre and Stewart... Well the least said the better.

Who knows but doolan just seems to be a emile Heskey type player at the moment. Elliot is pretty lacklustre and Stewart... Well the least said the better.

I think out of all our forward players Elliot is the likeliest to score a goal and the nearest we have to an out and out striker. Doolan is by far the player with the best first touch. In fact I'd say he's got about the best first touch I've seen at our level for many a year. Because of this I feel Doolan is drawn out of a striking position too often, which would be fine if Stewart or Elliot were doing the bulk of the scoring and Doolan's lay off balls were more effective.

I've seen just about every game this season and I still don't know what is our worse failing. Is it our so called strikers missing chance after chance or is it the lack of quality in the final balls from midfield? Yesterday, regardless of how well we controlled midfield, suggests the latter whereas at Almondvale as I recall it was more a case of the former.

I wouldn't anticipate Dargo scoring that many goals but I think we might sign him as a sort of catalyst, someone who'll make space for Doolan or Elliot to score. Dargo is good at that.

That's a bit harsh on Doolan. The Heskey comparison was more suited to Grehan. This is Elliot's first spell of full-time football. McNamara chose him instead of McManus (who was training with us) so hopefully he will improve. Fraser and Burns will both be available after their loans in January.

That's a bit harsh on Doolan. The Heskey comparison was more suited to Grehan. This is Elliot's first spell of full-time football. McNamara chose him instead of McManus (who was training with us) so hopefully he will improve. Fraser and Burns will both be available after their loans in January.

True it was more suited to Grehan but at the moment he is playing like heskey for example. He gets into good positions plays good football but never does what he's meant to do , score. Maybe I was being harsh but I feel doolan can only help himself with this bad spell. Elliot needs time on the bench and please tell me what to do with Stewart because I don't know.You could maybe compare him Torres if you like but I don't think he's that off form.

Edited by thistle4tw