Hello...

gettingjaggy

Hi! I'm new here...I couldn't find a new members thread so I thought I'd introduce myself here. Venturing to Firhill for the very first time on 17th December for the Raith Rovers game. I'm sure it'll be brilliant. My papa (in-law) is a die hard Jags fan and has hundreds of stories about Partick Thistle, and my mate in work reckoned our workplace needed some more SFL fans rather then OF fans, so I'm on a bit of a mission to learn about football and find a team to support...the Jags seemed like the sensible option.

Anyway, currently reading Inverting the Pyramid to try to be sensible when I post. Any advice for Dec 17th would be appreciated :)

x

Hi! I'm new here...I couldn't find a new members thread so I thought I'd introduce myself here. Venturing to Firhill for the very first time on 17th December for the Raith Rovers game. I'm sure it'll be brilliant. My papa (in-law) is a die hard Jags fan and has hundreds of stories about Partick Thistle, and my mate in work reckoned our workplace needed some more SFL fans rather then OF fans, so I'm on a bit of a mission to learn about football and find a team to support...the Jags seemed like the sensible option.

Anyway, currently reading Inverting the Pyramid to try to be sensible when I post. Any advice for Dec 17th would be appreciated :)

x

Welcome aboard, comrade. Might I suggest that you set your expectations quite low and then you might not be too disappointed. I'll be up on the 17th and I'll be numb to any shit that might befall us on the day.

Monni Thistle.

x

Advice for the game- A few alcoholic beverages always enhances the match day experience

Advice for on here - Stay away from the punsters :thumbsup2:

Welcome and brace yourself for the rollercoaster life of a jags fan :D

Advice for the game- A few alcoholic beverages always enhances the match day experience

Advice for on here - Stay away from the punsters :thumbsup2:

Welcome and brace yourself for the rollercoaster life of a jags fan :D

Cheers! Yeah, I think it's going to be better for all involved if I've had a few. A wee birdy tells me there's booze at the ground too!

Found the forum then? welcome to the madhouse!!

Did indeed! Making pure brave steps in my education these days...ooft.

Great to have you aboard mate. don't get too drunk and start swearing at your wife when she asks you to tone it down. they have a low tolerance of swearing, the police and stewards are right toe rags. i found out the hard way. two pairs of socks is a must too :thumbsup2:

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

don't get too drunk and start swearing at your wife when she asks you to tone it down. they have a low tolerance of swearing, police are right toe rags

Sounds like the voice of experience? :) And don't worry, I'm the wife, and I'm only mean to him when we're at home. No-one knows what goes on behind closed doors and all that.

Sounds like the voice of experience? :) And don't worry, I'm the wife, and I'm only mean to him when we're at home. No-one knows what goes on behind closed doors and all that.

Hello, Advice for next home game. wrap up it's bloody cold. Set your expectations low. And set a prescription for anti-depresants your gonna need them :)

Edited by thistle4tw

aye they don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so i'd watch your lip, mrs attitude! :lol: another tip for ya is don't fart and follow through when you get out maryhill police station and have to find somewhere to take your soiled pants off :lol: as you wait for the trains to edinburgh to go back on at 6 in the morning when you get out the cells :P:lol:

aye they don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so i'd watch your lip, mrs attitude! :lol: another tip for ya is don't fart and follow through when you get out maryhill police station and have to find somewhere to take your soiled pants off :lol: as you wait for the trains to edinburgh to go back on at 6 in the morning when you get out the cells :P:lol:

So what you're trying to tell me is that you got smashed, had a domestic, got arrested, and shat yourself?

:clapping:

So what you're trying to tell me is that you got smashed, had a domestic, got arrested, and shat yourself?

:clapping:

pretty much so. Was last season.got kicked out firhill and got told to go home but i got caught urinating down a lane just up from firhill. got a bit abusive with the police and they jailed me for breach. got fined 180 quid and got made to go to an alcohol awareness course. they let me out the cells at 4 in the morning and i had to hang about till the trains went back on to get home. i 'Christened' my pants about 10 mins after gettin out the cells. was the first and last time in my 57 yrs i'd drunk buckfast. First time in trouble with the polis too. Wife tried to ban me from going to firhill but we came to a compromize where i can drive to the games

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

pretty much so. Was last season.got kicked out firhill and got told to go home but i got caught urinating down a lane just up from firhill. got a bit abusive with the police and they jailed me for breach. got fined 180 quid and got made to go to an alcohol awareness course. they let me out the cells at 4 in the morning and i had to hang about till the trains went back on to get home. i 'Christened' my pants about 10 mins after gettin out the cells. was the first and last time in my 57 yrs i'd drunk buckfast. First time in trouble with the polis too. Wife tried to ban me from going to firhill but we came to a compromize where i can drive to the games

D'ye remember the score?

Jeeso, Mighty Quinn...remind me to stay off the tonic wine when I visit then! I've never tasted it either, actually. Mr. Gettingjaggy wouldn't be too chuffed with me if I had an incident like that, and I don't drive, so I'd not be able to reach that compromise. I'll be sure to mind my lip, pee in the toilets and take a change of scants on the 17th.

Hey - welcome to the forum! Been reading your blog and I'm getting the impression you will know more about tactics than half the Jackie Husband stand. Reading up on the Raith players probably means you will know more about Raith than 90% of the JHS.

Was intrigued by your Tic Tacs post, and the conclusions on each of the formations. One thing to consider is that even though some formations may appear negative or positive, the actual tactics employed, i.e. the instructions given to each player are more likely to tell you if a formation is negative or positive. This is something you'll pick up from watching games. When you see Thistle you'll see that our full backs have both attacking and defensive roles, and that some of our midfielders are more attack minded than others. This doesn't mean we're very attacking (though we can be), in fact recently we've been playing a defensive midfielder between the defence and midfield. Having not seen the team this season I can't go into any more detail than that on us.

I'm sure many of us on here could go on and discuss this for ages whilst others claw their eyes out, many football fans aren't as bothered about the intricacies of formations etc as others. If you want to read more about tactics at Scottish First Division level, I'd recommend the Ross County Tactics website.

Hey - welcome to the forum! Been reading your blog and I'm getting the impression you will know more about tactics than half the Jackie Husband stand. Reading up on the Raith players probably means you will know more about Raith than 90% of the JHS.

Thanks for reading! It's always nice to hear from folk that have visited - it's only just starting out and there's a bit of a change of direction earmarked for when I do finally get to come to games. My papa has loads of good stories and I was going to start doing some posts about his memorabilia and stories about being a fan. At the moment I'm trying to just catch up on the rules so I at least know why something is controversial or good!

Was intrigued by your Tic Tacs post, and the conclusions on each of the formations. One thing to consider is that even though some formations may appear negative or positive, the actual tactics employed, i.e. the instructions given to each player are more likely to tell you if a formation is negative or positive. This is something you'll pick up from watching games.

I wouldn't give too much time to my conclusions about the formations! Having said that someone did suggest on twitter that I should send it as a CV for the Hibs job when it came up, haha.

If you want to read more about tactics at Scottish First Division level, I'd recommend the Ross County Tactics website.

I've ventured on there, but before I had any clue to be honest - John seems a good bloke so I'll give it another try when I'm less scared by the terminology!

Cheers again for visiting the blog and for your welcome :) Going on the 17th?

Thanks for reading! It's always nice to hear from folk that have visited - it's only just starting out and there's a bit of a change of direction earmarked for when I do finally get to come to games. My papa has loads of good stories and I was going to start doing some posts about his memorabilia and stories about being a fan. At the moment I'm trying to just catch up on the rules so I at least know why something is controversial or good!

I wouldn't give too much time to my conclusions about the formations! Having said that someone did suggest on twitter that I should send it as a CV for the Hibs job when it came up, haha.

I've ventured on there, but before I had any clue to be honest - John seems a good bloke so I'll give it another try when I'm less scared by the terminology!

Cheers again for visiting the blog and for your welcome :) Going on the 17th?

No, I'm living down south so haven't made any games this season. I should get to the boxing day game hopefully :D

That Croatia strip you likened to a tablecloth is one of my favourite ever strips! Can't believe you have badmouthed it! But then again, I do like the camouflage monstrosity too, but only as a goalkeeper top.

That Croatia strip you likened to a tablecloth is one of my favourite ever strips! Can't believe you have badmouthed it! But then again, I do like the camouflage monstrosity too, but only as a goalkeeper top.

You know exactly how I feel about that camouflage top. I think that's the best description of anything I've ever written ;)

In fact, PTFC would've had another sale of the Partick Thistle hoodie (the casual one) were it not for that bloody camouflage print being used on the numbers and inside the hood!