The Pandas

Jaggernaut

With Ting Ting and Ying Yang now having an official permit to do f*ck all in this country for the next 10 years, and then facing deportation back to China along with their (as yet unborn) offspring, who won't even understand a word of Chinese, is their presence in Edinburgh a good thing or a bad thing?

Or was the Paisley Panda better value for money?

not content with infiltrating our schools network via confucius hubs, the chinese seek to exert political influence by shipping us two pandas which we'll be paying a fortune for

... meanwhile we're all meant to smile for the cameras and turn our backs on human rights abuses, carte-blanche executions and imprisonment of political opponents/dissenters/artists etc (amongst other state sponsored atrocities)

wish salmond had half the cojones standing up to them as he does to the english.

not content with infiltrating our schools network via confucius hubs, the chinese seek to exert political influence by shipping us two pandas which we'll be paying a fortune for

... meanwhile we're all meant to smile for the cameras and turn our backs on human rights abuses, carte-blanche executions and imprisonment of political opponents/dissenters/artists etc (amongst other state sponsored atrocities)

wish salmond had half the cojones standing up to them as he does to the english.

Yes, that would be nice. Of course it's not just Salmond, it's just about everybody. Money talks.

With Ting Ting and Ying Yang now having an official permit to do f*ck all in this country for the next 10 years, and then facing deportation back to China along with their (as yet unborn) offspring, who won't even understand a word of Chinese, is their presence in Edinburgh a good thing or a bad thing?

Or was the Paisley Panda better value for money?

There is good and bad in everyone, but we try to live, as we try to give each other what we need to survive, together alive. :icon_headfones:

Good points, bad points, overall I'm not sure, but it seems to have got folk all excited to see them, which is nice I suppose, as long as they visit the collared peccary enclosure (my favourites) when they are there.

Saw a panda once. It was cute as hell, but a bit dull.

The penguins are a lot more fun ....

(and we didn't have to sook up to The Evil Empire to get them)

I knew somebody who worked at the zoo in Paris years ago, where they had one. He was a bad-tempered, unfriendly old b*stard, and the zoo staff couldn't wait until he snuffed it! (That's the panda, not my friend.)

It even made the news here in Oz. Went to see the 2 in Adelaide in March. They just sit there, and sit there, and sit there etceteraa etceteraa etceteraa. (Actually went with my granddaughter who had more fun listening and watching the monkeys. Now she's trying to imitate them) monkeys, not pandas

Bet you oor pandas could batter your pandas.