Virgin Media

jags365

Anyone else on Virgin having problems with their tv? Says all channels are unavailable and an error code. Also can't get on to their website?

EDITED TO ADD: Internet and phone both working fine so not sure what the problem is.

Edited by jags365

OK you asked for it.

Where in Bearsden can you find A virgin? :hypocrite:

:happy3:

All checking out ok in Hamilton. Have you tried calling those nice folks at the Mumbai call centre? Last time my TV box started acting-up and throwing error codes at me the call centre folk pinged it and sorted it within 2 minutes.

Before you do that though..... have you tried switching it off and back on again?

:happy3:

All checking out ok in Hamilton. Have you tried calling those nice folks at the Mumbai call centre? Last time my TV box started acting-up and throwing error codes at me the call centre folk pinged it and sorted it within 2 minutes.

Before you do that though..... have you tried switching it off and back on again?

We have indeed tried turning it on and off again :thumbsup2: though this was clearly not going to resolve the issue. Called them up last night, and lo and behold "turn it off and on again"..eh..yeah...thanks. 5 minutes on hold and we are now awaiting our new box to be delivered tomorrow morning.

We have indeed tried turning it on and off again :thumbsup2: though this was clearly not going to resolve the issue. Called them up last night, and lo and behold "turn it off and on again"..eh..yeah...thanks. 5 minutes on hold and we are now awaiting our new box to be delivered tomorrow morning.

This happened to us a few times over the last few months - with one week being particularly bad with it getting stuck while booting up every day - eventually got through to bangalore and they told us to switch it off - take the plug oot and wait 30 seconds - then plug it in - worked a couple of times but wasn't happy with 2 kids having to take the plug oot so phoned them again - told them to get tae and within 2 days I had a new box - engineer said all the old boxes were starting to fail and it was easier to replace them (their crap boxes simply aren't built to last!)

This happened to us a few times over the last few months - with one week being particularly bad with it getting stuck while booting up every day - eventually got through to bangalore and they told us to switch it off - take the plug oot and wait 30 seconds - then plug it in - worked a couple of times but wasn't happy with 2 kids having to take the plug oot so phoned them again - told them to get tae and within 2 days I had a new box - engineer said all the old boxes were starting to fail and it was easier to replace them (their crap boxes simply aren't built to last!)

To be fair, our box is so old it still has NTL on it!

It's a ploy to get you to ugrade to TIVO service and force a new minumum 12 month (unsigned, unwritten, unspoken, but THEY say legal) contract with penalty clauses for leaving. Get out the pickle that Branson has you in, switch to Sky, a UK call centre employer and with a benevolent leader too. (That last bit I got through a bit of phone hacking).