QoS showed tactical superiority: the manager fell for it: his superior team lost because he failed to prepare them to cope with the typical tactics of an inferior team: retain possession, don't allow the other team to move and shepherd any attacks to the wings where the only option is a cross. :thumbdown: Let's hope that Jackie Mac can learn from this.

Not that the team doesn't have to share some of the blame. After all, Archie seems to have developed club feet and a cubical head; Cairney's floated corners are destined never to result in a goal (while his short corners are just as bad); and Sinclair really does have a big problem spotting those bright yellow shirts when he's throwing the ball in. :o

This team is, as has often been said before, much too nice: they need some grit - someone who will ensure that when they're failing they don't keep trying to do the same thing, nor do they let their heads go down, nor do they stop covering for team members (especially the midfield, which is atrociously slow in tracking back and in picking up free opposing players). The current captain won't provide that kick up the backside. At the moment, Paul Paton looks like the only one who gets upset when things aren't going right. Both midfielders and strikers need to feel that a shot that goes past or gets saved is not good enough (even if it gets a clap or a gasp from the crowd) but that it's an opportunity wasted, for which they'll bear responsibility after the game.

Edited by Fearchar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16.50 7th January 2012 = season over!!!

Abysmal form in all cups this season. Thrashed by Berwick at home, mega lucky to get a draw against a junior side in the last round and beaten by the worst team in our league, going by league positions

Frankly not good enogh Jackie, especially when the club is as poverty stricken as we have been told huindreds of times. Crowds of under 2000 from here on in unless we hit an unbelievable run and lets face it, anyone that watched that today, knows that aint gonna happen

Edited by Lindau

How Erskine managed to get 90 mins I'll never know. Wasteful every time. We miss Rowson bigtime and Cairney suffered as a result. Bannigan in midfield instead of Erskine would have allowed Cairney the freedom to go forward that he has enjoyed so far this season.

Froze my nads off today to watch that guff :(

Queens are dire, but the tactics worked today :(

Edited by Steven H

Well this is the reason I wonder if I will ever see any thistle history made. We are mid table mediocrity out the cups to pish teams at home McNamara can spout the usual pish " we'll be ready to make a push next season " nah mate :(

Careful bud. Thou shalt not criticise McNamara....ever. Or you'll be called a closet h*n.

Well, that's twelve quid and 90 minutes of my life I'll never see again. The half-time team talk must have been inspirational to turn Thistle into a side with all the cohesion of a trifle in a hurricane.

It's been a long time since I left a Thistle game feeling angry with my team. They're better than that.

:( Ok maybe I overreacted but you can understand giving how depressing the seasons been please don't refer to me as acloset H*n I wasn't that criticising

You didn't over-react and hamiltonjag was being sarcastic and pre-empting the happy clappy brigade who won't have a bad word said against anyone let alone Saint Jackie.

Season ain't over this mob pretending to be footballers and led by a naive manager with no knowledge of how to change tactics or how to motivate players are now heading for the relegation zone! I have followed Thistle for over 57 years and macnamara is up there with all the greats like Dickie Boy, Murder, Rooney, Bryce and Cormack. Spoke to a few lapsed fans on the way out and each one said that today was the final straw and that they were finished with all things Thistle.

You didn't over-react and hamiltonjag was being sarcastic and pre-empting the happy clappy brigade who won't have a bad word said against anyone let alone Saint Jackie.

Exactly :thumbsup2:

I had the audacity to criticise McNamara once on here and got hounded for weeks after it. Time for him to be shown the door. Simple as.

Games like that make you want to chuck going to football. Freezing cold, no atmosphere, two pish teams playing on a tattie field of a pitch in a game devoid of entertainment.

Jackie will be no better or worse than McCall for me. I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing, but its getting quite boring, I don't share the same views that he will be managing at the same level as Lambert or Coyle down the line.

Listen, this topic is about the game that we just lost through not being good enough.

If the above comments reflect your opinion, then please take them to a more appropriate forum.

Usual happy clappy whiiiiiiine.

McNamara = not good enough. End of.

If you think that shengis on display today was in any way acceptable you have to be deluded to the point of insanity.

Similarly if you think "Jaggy" (cringe) McNamara can cut it as a football manager.

Games like that make you want to chuck going to football. Freezing cold, no atmosphere, two pish teams playing on a tattie field of a pitch in a game devoid of entertainment.

Jackie will be no better or worse than McCall for me. I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing, but its getting quite boring, I don't share the same views that he will be managing at the same level as Lambert or Coyle down the line.

I'd say he's definitely worse than McCall. Ok latterly things under McCall were poor, but at our best under McCall we ran Rangers close a few times, finished second behind St Johnstone, and made a good profit on Twad and Harkins. Need to see how he finishes up the season, but it doesn't look good.

As for Lambert, remember how bad he was at Livingston? There was never a sign back then of him becoming the manager he is today. Edited to add I am not suggesting McNamara will one day be a Premiership manager, I am merely pointing out how bad his career in management started!

Edited by chunky jag

Usual happy clappy whiiiiiiine.

McNamara = not good enough. End of.

If you think that shengis on display today was in any way acceptable you have to be deluded to the point of insanity.

Similarly if you think "Jaggy" (cringe) McNamara can cut it as a football manager.

I have already stated that it wasn't good enough, but that it was down to the team.

Try not to personalise your rage for today's poor result on me, Mr ****wit.

I have already stated that it wasn't good enough, but that it was down to the team.

Try not to personalise your rage for today's poor result on me, Mr ****wit.

Not Saint "JaggyMac" then? He is blameless?

Who is personalising things more? Me referring to your happy-clappy ways or YOU with your inane insults oh brave keyboard warrior?