Mcnamara Out

uberteeb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now where did I say that? More assumption HJ, Never assume....

You're right. Sorry for assuming your lack of ambition for the team you support stems from your lack of witnessing promotion pushes and cup runs.

However, in common with BarneyRubble perhaps you should also have a look at yourself. You assume I'm an "angry wee man" and not a 7 foot tall placid black belt in origami? :crazy:

You're right. Sorry for assuming your lack of ambition for the team you support stems from your lack of witnessing promotion pushes and cup runs.

However, in common with BarneyRubble perhaps you should also have a look at yourself. You assume I'm an "angry wee man" and not a 7 foot tall placid black belt in origami? :crazy:

I don't assume it, you are angry...ok, the wee bit was assumption. Anyway, more important things to do with my Saturday night than chew the fat with you. See ya HJ, hope you calm down soon ;)

What a complete overreaction.

Support your team and your manager, he's young, he's new and he is still learning.

Obviously the cup result are bad and blah blah "i'm not paying money to watch that garbage" but supporting your team means supporting them through everything, you can't always win and jackie has got us points, more than McCall did this time last season i think?

Fair play it will be depressing if QoS get a decent cup draw, they could also get Ross County away.

In my opinion the league could go to anyone in the top half and with the county having a few games cancelled and another cup game, we could be in with a shout! :)

What a complete overreaction.

Support your team and your manager, he's young, he's new and he is still learning.

Obviously the cup result are bad and blah blah "i'm not paying money to watch that garbage" but supporting your team means supporting them through everything, you can't always win and jackie has got us points, more than McCall did this time last season i think?

Get rid of Jackie? That involves paying him off, presumably until the end of the season. Bring a manager in on the same wage? What we paying him with? We've used that money to pay Jackie off.

Even if we SHOULD get rid of Jackie (I don't think we should) the reality is we have NO money to get a replacement in, unless that replacement comes from within. Hinchy, Archie, Rowson? Take your pick from there.

Jackie, in my opinion, will go onto be a good manager. Will that be with us? I'm not sure, I think he'll do 'well' with us, but as before, due to resources that may not result in promotion.

We needed to win today, I'm sure Jackie knew that, I don't think the players did well enough or wanted it enough. As said in just in thread, queens closed down more than 2 weeks ago, and as with raith away when they did that to us, we didn't know what to do.

He's hopeless, this result plus the Berwick and Culter shows the team has no bottle, get him punted now, he's clueless.

Why start again? Isn't this the youngest thistle team in many years? everyone has to learn somehow.

Maybe we should go for Gus! He does good cup runs and i'm sure the queens fans would label his signings as pretty bad. YES! they beat us today but they are bottom of the league, by Friday we could be 7 points off the top. Quit looking for excuses and just stick with it, who knows it might come good in a few years.

Edited by Chewsday

As previously mentioned, younge managers who are now doing well took time to get it right. Lambert had and start, Coyle didn't do great at 1st & left b4 getting St Johnstone promoted, McInnes struggled for a time as well. McIntyre took a good few years before he managed to do anything with Dunfermline & that was with 1 of the biggest budgets in the Division. It takes time, yes we'd all love a quick fix, but when do we ever do things the easy way? I'm more worried what this result may mean financially for us than whether or not Jackie is the right man for the job, it's too early to know.

Round ye :P :P :P

At least we can share a joke mate.

I'm not going to sit and pretend I agree with everything being said tonight, and let's be honest, you don't really expect me to either, but i respect the fact you and others were there today. I on the other hand wasn't. I accept there will be anger and unhappiness at losing. Not one of the cup competitions have been good this season.

I expect us to be challenging for title but I don't expect it this season. If most are honest with themselves, they didn't expect it this season either. Sometimes you have to take a few on the chin to make you stronger . I've posted elsewhere, I have no chrystal ball but I still think things can turn out good for us. It tends to be the guys who didn't want Jackie as manager who are calling for his head tonight. Some stuff is way OTT. Your chat with steven you ask about his age and when he followed the Jags. You must remember Billy Lamonts team in the 80's? Even under Lambie wee took a good few on the chin. We did , however, come back stronger and it meant we enjoyed the good times all the more. We've had far far worse days than today and they never led to calls for managers head.

Today was not good, not for those of us at home and worse still for those of you there but I bet you've had far worse days supporting thistle.

I didn't suggest we get rid of him I'm just fed up with being told it'll take time it happened with McCall and it has all the hallmarks of happening with jackie

Who knows, we could go on a magic run and get promoted or fail and get relegated.

The season is far from over.

Let's be honest here. Jackie got it majorly wrong today and so did the players. The cup performances have been nothing short of an absolute disgrace, and I don't see how anyone can disagree with that. Dumped out of the League Cup by a 3rd division team, Challenge Cup exit at the 2nd round. And now, the most important cup competition, we fail to get a shot on target against the WORST team in our division. This coming after a narrow escape against a junior team.

QOS keeper today was 17 years old, and I don't remember us having a shot on target, at home. That in itself is unacceptable.

How well does McNamara know his players? I'm willing to bet every Firhill regualr would be able to tell you that Flannigan is no centre midfield player. When it comes to putting his foot in to win the ball back it isn't ever going to happen so what chance has he of competing a 50/50 ball? He also doesn't have the energy to play there either.

After QOTS cleared one of our corners in 2nd half, we had Robertson and Archiebald on halfway marking their sub attacker. He ran into his own half to pick the ball up and turn whilst our 2 centre halves stood still watching 20 yards away on the halfway line. Now you could put that down to a lack of communication between the centre halves but surely the instruction comes from the manger/coaching team as to who goes to attack the ball and who drops back at set pieces before the game has even started. That said you would expect the manager to be on side of park bellowing his displeasure at what he's just seen and getting his point across to the players that didn't follow instructions.Not our Jackie.

I said it before, take out the Morton 5-0 home game and the 2-2 Falkirk home game I don't think i've seen us turn in a half decent performance at Firhill.

In last 3 home games, how many shots have we had on goal? (albeit we beat QOTS 1-0 on Boxing Day)

It's pretty poor stuff. He doesn't seem to be able to change a game other than make a substitution and go with the same hoping for best.

Lee Robinson isn't 17, is he? He's been around for ages. He is dodgy though, as was seen 2 weeks ago & with the long ball he dropped & should have been tested much more.

A few people today told me he was 17 and was making his debut because of injuries/suspensions