Mcnamara Out

uberteeb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How well does McNamara know his players? I'm willing to bet every Firhill regualr would be able to tell you that Flannigan is no centre midfield player. When it comes to putting his foot in to win the ball back it isn't ever going to happen so what chance has he of competing a 50/50 ball? He also doesn't have the energy to play there either.

After QOTS cleared one of our corners in 2nd half, we had Robertson and Archiebald on halfway marking their sub attacker. He ran into his own half to pick the ball up and turn whilst our 2 centre halves stood still watching 20 yards away on the halfway line. Now you could put that down to a lack of communication between the centre halves but surely the instruction comes from the manger/coaching team as to who goes to attack the ball and who drops back at set pieces before the game has even started. That said you would expect the manager to be on side of park bellowing his displeasure at what he's just seen and getting his point across to the players that didn't follow instructions.Not our Jackie.

I said it before, take out the Morton 5-0 home game and the 2-2 Falkirk home game I don't think i've seen us turn in a half decent performance at Firhill.

In last 3 home games, how many shots have we had on goal? (albeit we beat QOTS 1-0 on Boxing Day)

It's pretty poor stuff. He doesn't seem to be able to change a game other than make a substitution and go with the same hoping for best.

Could've posted exact same post for last night. No passion at side of the park, lack of concentration in last 5 minutes of games is continual problem & imo the coaching team have to take their share of blame.

We all know most footballers aren't sharpest knives in drawer and need reminding of responsibilities and to concentrate etc. McNamara/Donnelly too palcid and McNamara's folded arms body language looks negative.

All we can hope is Ayr not winning games in hand or we may find ourselves in a relegation battle.

Last night's performance on the whole was unacceptable. No width, no cutting edge, no control, no clue. Could be a long 5 months to season's end.

To be fair, our production through our first 19 league games this year is slightly better than last year. If I counted right, in 2010-11 we had 23 goals for and 25 goals against in league competition at this point in the season. This season it's 24 for and 18 against.

Assuming he's operating on a smaller budget than last season and considering he's in his first season as manager, that's not terrible. Unless we find ourselves in a relegation battle in the coming months, I think I'd stop short of calling for his head. Yes, the cup results are awfully disappointing, but barring the aforementioned relegation battle, I'd rather wait to see what he takes away from this season (hopefully he examines his tactics and understands the need to sign a guy who can be a vocal leader both on the pitch and in the dressing room - especially with all the youngsters) and whether or not he can show some tangible improvement next season.

We are 4th in the league with a new rookie manager and a very young squad. If we are in the top half at the end of the season, that's a solid basis for a challenge next season.

Not so solid a basis for parting with one's cash in the here and now. Jam tomorrow, sh*t today, as Oysterband would say.

Not so solid a basis for parting with one's cash in the here and now. Jam tomorrow, sh*t today, as Oysterband would say.

The team needs all the support, vocal and financial, that it can get. There is also the forthcoming loss of the Warriors cash to consider too.

The team needs all the support, vocal and financial, that it can get. There is also the forthcoming loss of the Warriors cash to consider too.

What more do you expect the fans to do? The fans we have left who are still attending regularly should first of all be commended, because it really isn't easy to bring yourself to go these days.

A cup run means so much to a club like ours and I really don't think the players understand that. Had we beaten Berwick we would have played Hibs away. Had we beaten QOS we would have played Aberdeen away. I spoke to someone very close to the club last week who told me that these two ties would have generated £50,000 at least for the club. It is the players, management, and Board of Directors who should take responsibility - the fans can only do so much.

I buy a season ticket every year - even though the product on the park does not provide value for money - not by a long shot. I also spend about £4-5 at the pie stall every home game. Then there is the strip and other merchandise.

Now, all that considered, I resent people like you telling me that I am not doing enough to help the club. Guys like me and countless others stand up and put our money where our mouth is year after year. Can you honestly say that the faith we show in the club is being repaid by those on and off the pitch?

This can be won from me quite easily - by the lads playing the way we know they can instead of lolloping around like a bunch of aunt sallies 30 yards from goal.

I'm getting bored with and immune to the story of the club's cash woes.

Double header of home games up next at Firhill against an on form Dundee side and Ayr United.

The performances and attacking play in the side need to improve drastically if we want to take a decent tally of points from these games.

Possibly will be but I don't think the Ayr game has been rearranged for before we go to Almondvale.

Now, all that considered, I resent people like you telling me that I am not doing enough to help the club. Guys like me and countless others stand up and put our money where our mouth is year after year. Can you honestly say that the faith we show in the club is being repaid by those on and off the pitch?

Where did I say that? I resent sanctimonious loudmouths misrepresenting what I said.

What more do you expect the fans to do? I buy a season ticket every year - even though the product on the park does not provide value for money - not by a long shot. I also spend about £4-5 at the pie stall every home game. Then there is the strip and other merchandise.

No one's sayiing that. All I've seen here is some guys saying, please don't stop what you're doing to support the club because it needs you.

A big problem for Macnamara is whether he can convince the likes of Cairney and Paton to stay with the club - though fortunately there's not many more I think we should be desparate to keep whose contracts are going to be up this year.

Another thing is, if we can dig out a decent number of points out of the next 3-4 games and the bottom clubs continue to drop points, as that I'm sure would make us safe I'd like to see youth team players getting more opportunities. He may be right that they were pushed in too early before but in the end they need 1st team games to see if they can hack it.

Bannigan looked like he was ready for a run when he got a start recently but was dropped (I think unfairly - although he didn't shine he didn't look bad either) when Flannigan came back. I don't mind bringing in a loan player for positions where we lack cover and no youth players are knocking at the door yet - hence I'm not bothered about Cole playing just now - but I'm not so sure we need Naismith. Hopefully we'll see the manager give our own players a chance as the season goes on.

Yes I know some of our own youth are out on loan but hopefully they'll be back in time to be given a run out.

Edited by Mr Bunny

A big problem for Macnamara is whether he can convince the likes of Cairney and Paton to stay with the club -

Due to circumstances I've not been to a game in over 2 months, but unless there's some been minor miracle, how the hell can keeping Paton be a priority? This is not the only post I've seen mention him favourably. I don't particularly think he's a dummy, I think he's a very average right back, and not one I'd be worried about losing so much so to mention him in same breath as Cairney who's been the main man this season.

The length of time I've not seen a game in means I haven't seen Paton in holding midfield, but I can't imagine he'll have been THAT good that everyones desperate to hold onto him.

There are people on here who simply choose to ignore cold hard facts.

I've said this on another thread, but I'll say it again. Any guess at "possible" cup draws "if we had won" and money made from those draws is exatly that. Guesses. We didn't win, let's let it go and move on.

We are financially struggling. Whether you're bored with this fact or not, it remains a FACT, and largely dictates the quality of player we can attract to the club, and therefor how good we are. Just because you are bored with this, doesn't make it go away, or not be relevant.

It is entirely your choice as to whether you go to Firhill or not. The club will survive, at some level I'm sure, for those that want it.

Due to circumstances I've not been to a game in over 2 months, but unless there's some been minor miracle, how the hell can keeping Paton be a priority? This is not the only post I've seen mention him favourably. I don't particularly think he's a dummy, I think he's a very average right back, and not one I'd be worried about losing so much so to mention him in same breath as Cairney who's been the main man this season.

The length of time I've not seen a game in means I haven't seen Paton in holding midfield, but I can't imagine he'll have been THAT good that everyones desperate to hold onto him.

he has been IMHO and a poss shoe in for capt as well

I've been consistently one of Paton's critics but he's been very good in the holding role and appears to read the game excellently.