Mcnamara Out

uberteeb

He is hopeless, gets his tactis wrong, doesn't know what to do when our 'gameplan' doesn't work, fails to motivate the players. The past few games have been terrible, I hate going to Firhill right now.

"Give him time" - he's had time and has shown time and again there is no fight in his team, bar 2 high scoring wins to nil it's been hopeless all season.

"We can't afford anyone else" - we can afford him, we can afford to get someone in on the same shite wage. Loads of old pros are looking for a break in management, take a punt on someone else, our punt on Jackie has not paid off.

"What do you expect, this is Thistle, etc" - I expect a team on the park that give a shit every week. I'm not expecting Barcelona but I'm expecting a team that give their all, chase every ball, don't shite out of tackles, etc.

I'm not talking about sacking him in the morning but barring a tenforld improvement from now and the end of the season time to gamble on someone else. He won't take us out of this division and he has shown that he is a bottle merchant in the cups, no point keeping him.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon gus would take our wages

He's away with our cup place. God 'elp us if QoS land a fat home tie against one of the Bumping Uglies. That'd be just the thing.

Still ... sack the manager. Fair comment. What else? More investment. Propco's a scam. The Trust sucks and does nothing. The stadium's falling down. We should have hired Pep.

He is hopeless, gets his tactis wrong, doesn't know what to do when our 'gameplan' doesn't work, fails to motivate the players. The past few games have been terrible, I hate going to Firhill right now.

"Give him time" - he's had time and has shown time and again there is no fight in his team, bar 2 high scoring wins to nil it's been hopeless all season.

"We can't afford anyone else" - we can afford him, we can afford to get someone in on the same shite wage. Loads of old pros are looking for a break in management, take a punt on someone else, our punt on Jackie has not paid off.

"What do you expect, this is Thistle, etc" - I expect a team on the park that give a shit every week. I'm not expecting Barcelona but I'm expecting a team that give their all, chase every ball, don't shite out of tackles, etc.

I'm not talking about sacking him in the morning but barring a tenforld improvement from now and the end of the season time to gamble on someone else. He won't take us out of this division and he has shown that he is a bottle merchant in the cups, no point keeping him.

Spot on

I reckon gus would take our wages

After watching 3 games V QotS at Firhill this season...no thanks. Would rather see Thistle at least try to play the way Jackie wants them to than watch us play like a Gus McPherson team.

Good to see the comments in this thread don't seem to differ from comments made of the previous managers. Maybe it's not the managers, maybe it's Thistle. Maybe we're just destined to be a middle of the road first division team forever (we have been so for the majority of my time supporting Thistle) and maybe some people need to gain some perspective. Do people really think we are gona hire a manager in the summer, then by January he has us challenging for league titles and going on cup runs? Far too soon for a thread like this, hypothetical or not.

It would do the bloody trick if lambo gave his opinion on the players performances to them.

Unless you were at training all week, sat in during the team talk, were in the dug out, and then back in dressing room at half time and then after the match, how can anyone possibly state what was said to the team and how it was delivered?

I sure remember plenty of times under Lambie that the team was awful and played as if it lacked spirit. We certainly had plenty of bad nights under Lambie. We stuck together through those times and it made us enjoy the good times all the more.

I don't have a crystal ball and don't know if Jackie can bring similar success to us but we should be showing a bit more togetherness. The same people who love to use the term "happy clapper" on here to described some fans are always one breath away from an orgasm when we win and a baw hair away from a stroke when we lose.

The next Coyle/Lambert/McIness is out there, like many others I hoped McNamara might be it but he isn't so bin him and get in another young guy and see if he is. Repeat to fade until we are in the SPL.

If you go back to when the guys you mention started out in their managerial careers none of them made great starts. Coyle could not get St Johnstone promoted, Lambert left Livingston after less than a season and their fans would never at that stage have said he would go on to be a Premiership manager and St Johnstone fans will tell you that there were plenty of "McInnes Out" threads on their forum early in his spell there.

My point (if I actually have one) is that managers need time and yes we have been poor in the cups this season but we are sitting in fourth place which if we can finish there is a higher placing than the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Good to see the comments in this thread don't seem to differ from comments made of the previous managers. Maybe it's not the managers, maybe it's Thistle. Maybe we're just destined to be a middle of the road first division team forever (we have been so for the majority of my time supporting Thistle) and maybe some people need to gain some perspective. Do people really think we are gona hire a manager in the summer, then by January he has us challenging for league titles and going on cup runs? Far too soon for a thread like this, hypothetical or not.

Well, if the Finns can change their diets from fatty food to berries ...

The one upside of scores like today's is watching other people work through the same processes you have over the years.

and you have the cheek to call others deluded?

Why? Don't you think Thistle should be challenging for the League title and going on cup runs? Really????

How pathetically low your expectations are!!!!

Not saying we should be in the Champions League but we should definitely be pushing for 1st Div title and have an expectation of beating DROSS like Queen of the South and Berwick Rangers in Cup games (AND FFS beating minnows like CULTER first time of asking).

Raise your expectation levels out of the gutter mate. We Are Thistle

My grade so far.

4/10

Pish in the cups, mediocre in the league. Signings hit and miss, fitbaw still pretty poor by and large.

By the way, the youth system, apparently Jamie Campbell was the worst player on the park for Stenny against pishy Stirling Albion last week. If our youth system produces one Bannigan standard player every five years or whatever, then we should probably throw the towel in.

Edited by MWM

Is half a season really enough time? I don't think it is. Jackie has ****** it up in the cups, which is a massive shame, I love the Scottish Cup, however this is most definitely an over-reaction.

Comparisons with other young Scottish managers may be valid. He is certainly not doing as well as Coyle or McInnes who both inherited very good St Johnstone squads. Lambert's first managerial job was at Livingston, where he won 2 SPL games out of more than 20. I'd only be worried this season if we got pulled into a relegation battle, which looks unlikely.

Why? Don't you think Thistle should be challenging for the League title and going on cup runs? Really????

How pathetically low your expectations are!!!!

Not saying we should be in the Champions League but we should definitely be pushing for 1st Div title and have an expectation of beating DROSS like Queen of the South and Berwick Rangers in Cup games (AND FFS beating minnows like CULTER first time of asking).

Raise your expectation levels out of the gutter mate. We Are Thistle

:lol: you're a funny angry wee man. You have no clue what my expectations are, you're too busy jumping to your own conclusions about them. What you gona suggest next, that because I don't want McNamara out Im happy to accept todays performance?

I dont expect any manager to come into our club, on the smallest budget any manager has had for a long time, with the youngest squad for a long long time, with a young management team and have us challenging for league titles. Now I accept we should not be getting beaten off Berwick, or getting taken to a replay by Culter, but today. Today was a poor performance, and we got beat by a poor team, but it was not on the same level as the other two games we're discussing.

Widen your perspective otherwise supporting Thistle is gona be one long miserable existence :sad1:

:lol: you're a funny angry wee man. You have no clue what my expectations are, you're too busy jumping to your own conclusions about them. What you gona suggest next, that because I don't want McNamara out Im happy to accept todays performance?

I dont expect any manager to come into our club, on the smallest budget any manager has had for a long time, with the youngest squad for a long long time, with a young management team and have us challenging for league titles. Now I accept we should not be getting beaten off Berwick, or getting taken to a replay by Culter, but today. Today was a poor performance, and we got beat by a poor team, but it was not on the same level as the other two games we're discussing.

Widen your perspective otherwise supporting Thistle is gona be one long miserable existence :sad1:

Whatever you say kid.