Surplus To Requirements

Jaggernaut

Well, I reckon Flannigan, who on the few times that I've seen him play has looked like a passenger.

Stewart: I really liked the look of him at the end of last season, but he's done zilch, absolutely zilch since then.

And we've got to be ruthless, so Dargo, defo, and it has to be said that Elliott's dream start to his Jags career has descended into non-entity land, with a single goal against a junior team in over three months of playing.

The youth teams. All of them!

:innocent2:

You'd be quicker saying who we should keep.

Sinclair, Paton, Rowson, Cairney and probably Fox and Doolan.

We need to actually play these youth players instead of giving them the odd 10 minutes or farming them out on loan. If they cut the mustard between now and the end of the season in our 1st team then keep them, if not, cheerio.

We need to actually play these youth players instead of giving them the odd 10 minutes or farming them out on loan. If they cut the mustard between now and the end of the season in our 1st team then keep them, if not, cheerio.

Exactly. Keep Kinniburgh and Erskine too.

Couldnt agree more!

Fox, Sinclair, Kinniburgh, Rowson, Doolan, Christie, Erskine, Scully, Lindsay, Bannigan, Fraser and Campbell are all under contract for next season.

Those who are out of contract are O'Donnell, Paton, Archibald, Robertson, Cairney, Stewart, Flannigan, Burns, McBeth, McGrotty, Stevenson and Ketterer.

There is plenty of scope for a clear-out.

I was agreeing with the bulk of this, until Erskine was suggested?

NO!

Most frustrating player by a mile, though would still keep him even had been out of contract at the end of the season.

If he could learn how to control a ball, then he has promise.. and is it just me but at throw-ins, have you noticed he now stands close to the line and plays it back parallel to stop him hitting the return back for an opposition throw! Improving already - now if he could only change to boots that are not made from pin-ball flippers maybe his first touch would improve.

For all that, he has something different and I'd keep him.

Fox, Sinclair, Kinniburgh, Rowson, Doolan, Christie, Erskine, Scully, Lindsay, Bannigan, Fraser and Campbell are all under contract for next season.

Those who are out of contract are O'Donnell, Paton, Archibald, Robertson, Cairney, Stewart, Flannigan, Burns, McBeth, McGrotty, Stevenson and Ketterer.

There is plenty of scope for a clear-out.

Would keep the above - just out on Burns for me, would have been a no, though would like to see if he the few minutes he had the other week was going to be a new Burns, if so, potential keep,

Not in a position to say on McGrotty and Ketterer.

Feel a bit guilty about Archie, not sure he would get through another season.

Keeping Stevenson? Please explain. He had limited success at youth level before his injury & hasn't kicked a ball since! McGrotty has looked decent when I've seen him, I'd give him a contract (but I'd also give him some 1st team games before the to see how he does). Archie? If his wage wasn't too much, I'd keep him.

Why do people insist on defending Erskine? He's been our worst player this season imo, and as for 'entertainment value', are people talking about in a comedy entertainment type of way?

As for the out of contact players, I'd try to get Cairney signed up now and see about signing O'Donnell, Paton (although he'll probably sign a PCA elsewhere), Archibald (on lower wage with coaching responsibility, similar to the deal Maxwell was on in his final year) tpwards the end of the season.

Would keep Burns, McBeth, McGrotty but they need a chance to see if they can cut it in the first team. Stevenson and Ketterer (not a clue, not seen anywhere near enough of them to comment).

The youth system should be on the verge of getting canned. All it has to show for since the useless Strachan is Bannigan. Its not worth spending all that money if we are going to produce one player of his calibre every 8 years.

Well, I reckon Flannigan, who on the few times that I've seen him play has looked like a passenger.

Stewart: I really liked the look of him at the end of last season, but he's done zilch, absolutely zilch since then.

And we've got to be ruthless, so Dargo, defo, and it has to be said that Elliott's dream start to his Jags career has descended into non-entity land, with a single goal against a junior team in over three months of playing.

The youth teams. All of them!

:innocent2:

Yep I dont doubt that Stewart is a nice person but he has not been good enough. Does McNamara realise this though is my worry or will be hoping he scores a goal or 2 before the end of the season so he can give him a new contract? Why even waste money on Dargo just now, his contract is up let him go let Burns be given a chance and if he is not good enough then his contract expires in the summer so can be freed anyway.

I wasnt convinced Flannigan should have been given a new contract for this season, no chance should he be kept on.

Robertsson I believe is only contracted till the summer still have my doubts about him.

The ones who are out of contract this summer that need to be kept are O Donnell, and above all Paton and Cairney. Still havent made up my mind about Archie or McBeth who needs to show something if he is loaned to another team before the end of the season

The youth system should be on the verge of getting canned. All it has to show for since the useless Strachan is Bannigan. Its not worth spending all that money if we are going to produce one player of his calibre every 8 years.

My feeling too. Even if we produced somebody who we managed to sell on (not even the faintest hint of this ever happening), the amount made would just be swallowed up by the costs involved in keeping them going.

As far as this goes I'm in the Lambie school. Focus it all on the 1st team; that's who we pay to watch and want to see getting to the top level. Great that the U-19s won the Cup last year, but what effect has it had on the 1st team this season?