p12tfc

I would love to see a stat which compared, over say the last ten years, the amount of winning goals we have conceded in the last five minutes of games against the amount we have scored.

I say ten years because that's roughly how long ive been going to jags games and the ratio can't be far off around 10:1.

Sitting there tonight there was an inevitability about the Hamilton goal its happened so many times before

Despite not wanting to see him sacked. I'll be interested to see what **** he spouts about what we did ok with. Getting to really hack me off. If McCall( most recent example) had this situation he would have had them in on a Sunday like they should be. The same thing happens every game and the players bar foxy,cairney,Archie and Paton don't seem to give 2 flying ****'s.

Despite not wanting to see him sacked. I'll be interested to see what **** he spouts about what we did ok with. Getting to really hack me off. If McCall( most recent example) had this situation he would have had them in on a Sunday like they should be. The same thing happens every game and the players bar foxy,cairney,Archie and Paton don't seem to give 2 flying ****'s.

well, there's a clouded memory of how things were!

McCall would have been in the bookies on a Sunday. When did you ever hear of Mccall bringing the players in for Sunday training cause they had a crap game!

I would love to see a stat which compared, over say the last ten years, the amount of winning goals we have conceded in the last five minutes of games against the amount we have scored.

I say ten years because that's roughly how long ive been going to jags games and the ratio can't be far off around 10:1.

Sitting there tonight there was an inevitability about the Hamilton goal its happened so many times before

I know what you are getting at, I myself had predicted 88 minutes for the Hamilton goal so I wasn't far out. I had a look through the season stats and from what I can see we have conceded six times in the closing five minutes of a game this season! What surprised me was that we have actually scored on four occasions in the last five minutes. The big difference is that every time we conceded late on we have lost and on five of the six occasions the late goal has been the winner as opposed to just increasing the wining margin. Of the four times we have scored late on two have secured wins and the other two have been draws. So conceded late goals have been far more damaging than scoring late goals have been helpful. Also noteworthy is the fact that five of the six times we have lost to late goals it has been in games where we have not scored ourselves and that for me is the worrying aspect as there seems to be almost an inevitability that we will concede late on when a game is heading for 0-0

It's always seemed to me that over the last good few years we've lost late result changing goals a lot more than we've scored them.

Another none too pleasant stat, and I might be slightly wrong, but I make it we've only scored goals in both halves in 3 league matches out of 19. For a side slightly above halfway in the table that seems strange.

Had a feeling last week when seeing it was nil-nil at half tim e, felt we'd loose to a late goal, even wose turned to the wife last night, seeing on the live txt updates 0-0 at eighty minuites " bet you we lose a goal in the 87th min, christ, soooooo mad when we conceded!!

It's becoming a stat as bad as NOT being able to score from set pieces!!!