Too Many Smokers In Scotland

sigesige00

Japan is a smoking country, which has too many smokers. However, the situation in Scotland is worse, despite tobacco is much more expensive than in Japan -- about 3 pounds for 1 box. In Japan, smoking is banned in many urban areas. However, there are many smokers are walking on the road.

Why do the Scots not stop smoking? Smoking is something worst for your life expectancy.

I want to live in a smoke-free country!

Edited by sigesige00

Japan is a smoking country, which has too many smokers. However, the situation in Scotland is worse, despite tobacco is much cheaper than in Scotland -- about 3 pounds for 1 box. In Japan, smoking is banned in many urban areas. However, there are many smokers are walking on the road.

Why do the Scots not stop smoking? Smoking is something worst for your life expectancy.

totaly agree, shoot the lot of them.....not kidding

Tried failed will try again

I've also failed many times in the past although I am currently on my 23rd day without one (not that I am counting). Turning forty at Christmas gave me a new push as I really don't want to end up totally unfit, and in fear of disease, for the rest of my life.

The money is also an issue. I'm giving myself the incentive of allowing myself to spend all the cash on other leisure pursuits (I mean things like fishing and hillwalking before anyone starts speculating :D)

Tried failed will try again, but why stop at the smokers why not the drinkers the gamblers and the obese at least the smokers drinkers & gamblers (proper men the lot not this new age feminine male) contribute to the economy

when they start to affect me then yes get rid of the lot :thumbsup2: , smokers in the past have directly affected my health or spoiled my meal at restraunts or on nights out.

Tried failed will try again, but why stop at the smokers why not the drinkers the gamblers and the obese at least the smokers drinkers & gamblers (proper men the lot not this new age feminine male) contribute to the economy

Likewise gave up for 2 months last year..then started smoking more :-(...gave up again for a week last week...just been going cold turkey but have now given myself a stopping date and will try patches etc

totaly agree, shoot the lot of them.....not kidding

A bit of a Jeremy Clarksonstyle statement - apart from the not kidding bit. Or are you genuinely not kidding? I'm sure inciting genocide is against forum rules.

However, the situation in Scotland is worse, despite tobacco is much more expensive than in Japan -- about 3 pounds for 1 box.

Bring me back 400 Marlboro next time you're visiting.

Japan is a smoking country, which has too many smokers. However, the situation in Scotland is worse, despite tobacco is much more expensive than in Japan -- about 3 pounds for 1 box. In Japan, smoking is banned in many urban areas. However, there are many smokers are walking on the road.

But at least in Scotland you can go into a bar or restuarant and not come out stinking of other people's tobacco smoke. In Japan going to such places can be pretty much ruined by the smoke.

If I work hard for my money, and I do, its my perrogative to spend my money on what I want, however if your on benefits you get £26000 to buy your smokes off the hard work person. That said I hate the fact I do occasionally smoke and I'd love to stop but we all know how hard it is.

Obesity and alcohol related problems will take over from smoking pretty soon, take my word for it, then you'll all be glad the smokers fund the NHS.

Siggy, get one of those wee masks that you see all the Japanese wearing, you'll feel right at home.