Going Down? I Fear So!

joejag

Now that we cant hit a coos arse with a banjo, it is a real worry that we WILL go down. A string of gutless performances have convinced me that McNamara wont sort this.

Its benn pitiful for the vast majority of the season, but we keep saying it will come good!

Tuesdays game v. Ayr needs to be a win, not even a draw, but a win. Otherwise this downward spiral will take us back to the seaside leagues and be the final death knell for Jags.

We are more likely to go bust before them from Govan.!!

Please go Jackie! NOW!!!

Not yawning at the concept, just your repetitiveness. Cheer up Charlie.

Have some positivity in your life. You'll feel better for it.

Go out for a run, or a cycle. Fit body, fit mind.

Joe has a very valid point in my opinion. If we lose on tuesday then we could be in serious trouble.

Now that we cant hit a coos arse with a banjo, it is a real worry that we WILL go down. A string of gutless performances have convinced me that McNamara wont sort this.

Its benn pitiful for the vast majority of the season, but we keep saying it will come good!

Tuesdays game v. Ayr needs to be a win, not even a draw, but a win. Otherwise this downward spiral will take us back to the seaside leagues and be the final death knell for Jags.

Please go Jackie! NOW!!!

Spot on

Oh no, as I said, his opinion is fine.

Just fed up with him saying it in just about every thread.

Anyway, he's apologised now so I own him. Got a lovely lead for him with glittery bits on it. Kinky stuff.

What cretin!!! But as you say I dont get the memos on this!!

Please go Jackie! NOW!!!

Spot on, any team gets 1 goal and were beat these days, the best we seem to be able to do is a 0-0 draw

I don't think Jackie is 1 game away from the sack, but if we lose on Tuesday he will be up shit creek. Surely the board are considering contingencies.

I listened to 10 minutes of jagscast a while back and it wasn't for me. Not trying to be a dick but it sounded like a rabble at a 16 year old birthday party. Well done on the 2000 downloads - Hopefully it evolved from when I last heard it.

We took on a lot of the criticism, learned from it, used it, developed thick skins and decided to keep going with the Jagscast.

Not every podcast or website is going to be everyone's cup of tea, we appreciate that.

We now have a pod with a structure, interviews with players and management, guests from different clubs and a website with some pretty decent articles on it.

A lot of work goes into the site and the pod, and we all give up a lot of time for it.

I hope that folk who didn't like the podcast before will tune in again, or at least check out our articles. It won't suit some people because sometimes we use quite big words.

Thanks for the feedback though. You're not a dick, by the way.

It won't suit some people because sometimes we use quite big words.

You were actually doing quite well until that part. Perhaps you didn't mean it to come across as smug, self-satisfied and arrogant. But IMHO it did. Are you deliberately trying to alienate potential listeners/readers? It would seem so.

I tend to agree with GTT's assessment of the podcasts I've downloaded. Additionally I'd like to point out that, for me, what makes the podcasts unbearable to listen to is the sound quality which makes them sound like they were recorded in a public toilet. Fair play to you and all the hard work you put in. But I don't think that gives you the right to act as some sort of superior uber-fan looking down his nose at the rest of the Jags faithful.

Sorry if it caused offence to anyone HJ, it was meant as a bit of light-heartedness. I felt my post was a bit wishy-washy.

Regarding the sound quality, this can't be helped at the moment because we have no money.

In any case, I hope those who do listen and read what we have to say continue to do so, and that we continue to have more people coming to us.

I've said it before, but if anyone thinks we can improve, then please get in touch. It's the only way we'll get better. [email protected]

Oh, and I don't think we'll go down. This was discussed on the pod yesterday, and you'll be able to hear our thoughts later today.

Regarding the sound quality, this can't be helped at the moment because we have no money.

You can't borrow a blanket off your bed? (Great for cutting down echo.) Or buy a few cheap directional mikes? (http://www.maplin.co.uk/3-microphone-pack-4564)

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

If we keep playing the way that the coaching team wants, we'll look great, especially in good weather, but we'll sink out of sight in this division. We've seen it before with Simon Donnelly's loveely layoffs up front, but with no end result. Cairney seems to be the only player prepared to ignore the advice he's being given and take a more direct approach; no suprise, then, that he has the highest goal tally. It's time for Messrs McNamara and Donnelly to stop reinforcing each other's ideas and to take some advice from outside. Advice from the King of Spain, perhaps?

You can't borrow a blanket off your bed? (Great for cutting down echo.) Or buy a few cheap directional mikes? (http://www.maplin.co.uk/3-microphone-pack-4564)

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

If we keep playing the way that the coaching team wants, we'll look great, especially in good weather, but we'll sink out of sight in this division. We've seen it before with Simon Donnelly's loveely layoffs up front, but with no end result. Cairney seems to be the only player prepared to ignore the advice he's being given and take a more direct approach; no suprise, then, that he has the highest goal tally. It's time for Messrs McNamara and Donnelly to stop reinforcing each other's ideas and to take some advice from outside. Advice from the King of Spain, perhaps?

Why take advice from another failed Thistle manager?

Will look into it, Fearchar. Thanks.

I said on the pod yesterday that, if he's being allowed to leave, I'd love to see Kenny McDowall alongside Jackie. Some arsekicking experience and, by all accounts, an excellent coach who might be needing something to keep him going before getting a job next season.

Slaggin the Jagscast for being "shit" is, to my mind, not only pathetic but a very sad indication of a fundamental problem with the attitude of some of the Thistle support.

As far as I know, the boys who produce the jagscast do so on an amateur basis. They appear to me to be simply promoting the "proud to be a jagsfan" maxim. Perhaps more of our fans could do more in their everyday lives to promote the Thistle brand and tell the world that no matter what, it's good to be a jag.

If the one had an editorial issue, a disagreement with a specific article or podcast or a reason to believe they were dishonest, factually incorrect or portraying an intolerant attitude or incitement to violence amongst our number i could see justification for criticism. "Shit" is just plain fookin lazy. Pointing out the sound quality could be better is constructive criticism, but to dismiss the cast over such an issue may mean you are the one missing out.

Keep it up Jagscast. Even if you do talk some amount of pish by the way. :fan:

As for the O.P.

So Jackie and Simon get their jotters... who's their replacement? .... talk amongst yersels while i go and get pished, ya rockets!

Aye, the standard of football we are playing simply aint good enough. Aye, we might be in danger of a relegation dogfight. Aye, Jackie's a gamble.

But,

We are skint, We play in a shit league, Experienced managers aint experienced the current situation at Firhill, and ... ... ... Ach... Faith, hope and Partick Thistle. If that aint enough for you then you're following the wrong team pal!

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz