Going Down? I Fear So!

joejag

If we keep playing the way that the coaching team wants, we'll look great, especially in good weather, but we'll sink out of sight in this division. We've seen it before with Simon Donnelly's loveely layoffs up front, but with no end result. Cairney seems to be the only player prepared to ignore the advice he's being given and take a more direct approach; no suprise, then, that he has the highest goal tally. It's time for Messrs McNamara and Donnelly to stop reinforcing each other's ideas and to take some advice from outside. Advice from the King of Spain, perhaps?

ok, in the first half we had a good shape, played quite a fluid game, good passing & movement. two outstanding saves (said so in my paper - one of them that's got big words), a good few more shots on and off target. second half we resorted to a more direct lump it over the midfield and chase it sort of game for the most part. not much in the way of chances on their goal at all. as for cairney, defies instructions week after week and i suspect he's probably the first name on the team sheet. just how does he get away with it?

Slaggin the Jagscast for being "shit" is, to my mind, not only pathetic but a very sad indication of a fundamental problem with the attitude of some of the Thistle support.

As far as I know, the boys who produce the jagscast do so on an amateur basis. They appear to me to be simply promoting the "proud to be a jagsfan" maxim. Perhaps more of our fans could do more in their everyday lives to promote the Thistle brand and tell the world that no matter what, it's good to be a jag.

If the one had an editorial issue, a disagreement with a specific article or podcast or a reason to believe they were dishonest, factually incorrect or portraying an intolerant attitude or incitement to violence amongst our number i could see justification for criticism. "Shit" is just plain fookin lazy. Pointing out the sound quality could be better is constructive criticism, but to dismiss the cast over such an issue may mean you are the one missing out.

Keep it up Jagscast. Even if you do talk some amount of pish by the way. :fan:

As for the O.P.

So Jackie and Simon get their jotters... who's their replacement? .... talk amongst yersels while i go and get pished, ya rockets!

Aye, the standard of football we are playing simply aint good enough. Aye, we might be in danger of a relegation dogfight. Aye, Jackie's a gamble.

But,

We are skint, We play in a shit league, Experienced managers aint experienced the current situation at Firhill, and ... ... ... Ach... Faith, hope and Partick Thistle. If that aint enough for you then you're following the wrong team pal!

I tell the world that no matter what Jagscast is shit.

The Ayr game on tuesday is massive. We have to get the three points. Anything other than a win won't be acceptable.

I have no faith in the players or management if we get dragged down around the play off spot.

No doubt about it ,this is a truly massive game.Another 0-0 draw is not acceptable, only a win.Let's not kid ourselves we are quite capable of finishing in a playoff spot or worse this season.I really hope that Jacke Mac has got the strikers in today doing shooting practice,if not he feckin should have.We play some good football at times and JMac tries to play the right way but the whole object of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net and at the moment we seem incapable of doing that.Possesion,Corners,Territory stats don't mean pish if you can't put the ball in the pokey and personally when I look at our forwards I'm very worried about getting out of this rut.

Edited by angry gaz

I really hope that Jacke Mac has got the strikers in today doing shooting practice,if not he feckin should have.

the twitter confirms that players are indeed doing a training shift today. as yet it has not advised whether erskine will be taken aside and have some basic rules of the game explained to him.

I think it is now 11 games this season we have played without scoring - almost half. Plus we actually scored a lot in the first 10 games, only failing to score once.

It is purely down to Elliot and in particular Stewart being useless. We have to get rid of them. I don't know why McNamara doesn't play Naismith, I like what I've seen of him and I always think Erskine is a supersub to come on in 65 mins. He can make more impact in the final 20 mins than he can playing the whole game.

As I follow the philosophy of "Just don't get relegated" with some degree of fierceness, I have developed this particular McCawberistic view of life in SFLDiv1.

Ten points a quarter and you're likely to be safe.

Nine points (or less) and you're in danger of being cooked.

Now given that we have reached 28 points with four games remaining this third quarter I am positively optimistic.

And furthermore, as recent history shows us, we had a fairly mediocre time in the first weeks of 2011 reaching 34 points with nine games left, from which we picked up thirteen points to finish comfortably above the drop line.

Therefore, in the words of another sage, let's all calm down and "Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!", since such attitudes tend to breed.

Enjoy!

If we lose to Ayr, then aye, I think we'll be in a relegation battle.

Other than that the football is shocking value for money. I thought the first half was alright, but the second half was rancid, absolutely piss poor. No meaningful goals in two months is disgraceful.

I sound like a broken record, but I'm not a Jackie fan at all. Cairney, arguably our best player subbed for the rank rotten Tommy Stewart!? ****sake one of the worst subs I can remember, didn't look like Cairney was injured either.

Now that we cant hit a coos arse with a banjo, it is a real worry that we WILL go down. A string of gutless performances have convinced me that McNamara wont sort this.

Its benn pitiful for the vast majority of the season, but we keep saying it will come good!

Tuesdays game v. Ayr needs to be a win, not even a draw, but a win. Otherwise this downward spiral will take us back to the seaside leagues and be the final death knell for Jags.

We are more likely to go bust before them from Govan.!!

Please go Jackie! NOW!!!

Can you let us all know how sure you are we are going down? Will you come on here and admit you were wrong is we don't?

the twitter confirms that players are indeed doing a training shift today. as yet it has not advised whether erskine will be taken aside and have some basic rules of the game explained to him.

Probably most first divison teams will be in today doing training looking at tuesday night there almost seems to be a full fixture list

the big problem i have or in fact we all should have imo is..if we.....no... now that we DO find ourselves in a relegation battle...does anyone honestly believe that the current team or management have the stomach for a battle????

We don't have the players for a relegation battle. I doubt very much any side with a youngish squad would have. The four teams below us all have more experience in their squads.

If each season all you do is set out a team to avoid relegation we've gone about it in the wrong way and we've almost certainly got the wrong manager. Maybe we rely too much on players who've yet to prove themselves and maybe never will but personally I prefer that to a team loaded with journeymen.

Can you let us all know how sure you are we are going down? Will you come on here and admit you were wrong is we don't?

I never intimated that will go down, even though the word was highlighted, but highlighted to express the realo worry that it may happen, And if we dont go down you can hold me to it that i will come on and say I was wrong.