Clyde

Jaggernaut

Clyde are currently third bottom of the lowest division in senior football, and look hopeless. Their last home match was a 1-2 defeat against Elgin City, played in front of a "crowd" of just 352 people.

Does anybody think that they'll ever make it back to being at a "respectable" level? And maybe more to the point.... we couldn't ever sink quite as low as that.......

could we? :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't give a toss about Clyde.

They've deserved everything that has happened to them over the last few years, as they paid for players they couldn't afford instead of paying their rent. I've enjoyed seeing them suffer, fall through the leagues and become the worst team in the country.

Get it right up them.

I couldn't give a toss about Clyde.

They've deserved everything that has happened to them over the last few years, as they paid for players they couldn't afford instead of paying their rent. I've enjoyed seeing them suffer, fall through the leagues and become the worst team in the country.

Get it right up them.

So, you still see some scope for optimism, then?

:)

• Interesting post -its worth remembering that not that long ago Clyde just missed out on promotion to the SPL against Inverness -reality is we have not been serious contenders since we were relegated from it and managed to drop two divisions in succesive Seasons.

• The key difference is Clyde being based in Cumbernauld which seriously affected there crowds -ours have held up but have been declining over the last 12 months.

• Bottom line is we have no God given right to Division 1 and our fanbase -so yes we could end up like Clyde.
  • As pointed out in another thread we were a heartbeat behind them last year and only due to the support of certian Directors and there Business connections are we not Clyde.

• Interesting post -its worth remembering that not that long ago Clyde just missed out on promotion to the SPL against Inverness -reality is we have not been serious contenders since we were relegated from it and managed to drop two divisions in succesive Seasons.

• The key difference is Clyde being based in Cumbernauld which seriously affected there crowds -ours have held up but have been declining over the last 12 months.

• Bottom line is we have no God given right to Division 1 and our fanbase -so yes we could end up like Clyde.
  • As pointed out in another thread we were a heartbeat behind them last year and only due to the support of certian Directors and there Business connections are we not Clyde.

Yep, that all makes sense.

i know a bloke who was asked to manage clyde and the directors were telling him to tell players you'll pay them what they want to be paid then we wont pay them. its what they done to charlie millar. offered him 3oo quid a week then never paid him a penny. needless to say he never took the job. bleeding scoundrels. I've never hated clyde, to do that would be like kicking a puppy. they're like a cute wee brother who can be annoying at times. i loved that day we played them at broadwood and they kept singin 'stand up, if you hate thistle!' and we sang back 'stand up if you hate airdrie!' Our apathy that day really wound them up. Rivalry with us clyde? you wish! should maybe start a rivalry with someone closer to their level, like cumbernauld utd or seafar villa

If you had said over the last 12 years then I would agree but our average league attendance so far this season is about 400 more than the average for last season.

Heaven forfend should I criticise the Board (capital 'B' to let everyone know how important it is). Let the Heavens fall if a scintilla of doubt should be voiced on this website about that. :hypocrite:

Just to be clear I was only trying to establish who you were talking about as it could have been either the manager of Board, I was not saying the Board are perfect or have not made mistakes.

I don't have the figures for what the away supports for the 2 Dundee & 2 Morton games were for this season compared to last season but even if they were larger that would not alone account for the increase.

Dundee brought 1000 and Morton brought 1400 (Friday night game). You could say Morton brought 500 last week.

Nearly 3000 away fans in three matches, this season of course makes a difference to our average attendance so far this season.

Just to be clear I was only trying to establish who you were talking about as it could have been either the manager of Board, I was not saying the Board are perfect or have not made mistakes.

I'm ticked at the players and manager because they can do well but don't appear to be bothered their shirts most of the time; I'm ticked at the Board because nothing they have said or done has convinced me they have anything other than Propco and Europa's interests at heart. I'm curious to know how the £150,000 tax bill Europa paid on behalf of the club was secured.

Our Accounts for last Year showed approx £150K owed to Europa ,bottom line is that if we had paid our supplier then logic would dictate either HMRC or indeed someone else wasnt getting paid,-it was an unsecured debt and was clearly registered as such in the Accounts.

Propco was a done deal some time ago -its a seperate Company -not sure what you are driving at regards this.

Thank you for answering my query about the £150,000.

What I'm driving at with Propco is what I've been driving at with Propco since it first saw the light of day - there's only the word of the people involved with it that it'll be good for the club. That may suit some people but I remain to be convinced.

So we are clear -Im not happy about Propco-never have been - I had no more knowledge at the time of the detials than any other fan (in fact less if some of the supposed e mails are true).

It was simply stated the Banks were putting us under pressure on the debt and this was the solution - I have no knowledge as to how much pressure.

And so we are clear -its pretty common knowledge I approached Billy Allan - Propco was already well advance before I approached him -he had no prior knowledge of its existance- he was asked to invest - I and others were also asked to invest.

I declined ,a number of Directors agreed -again I would emphasise Propco was in effect a done deal and it was being pitched as a solution to our debt problems - all Directors were fully supportive (or at least to my knowledge).

As Ive said its a horse that bolted some time ago.

Sad thing is it had minimal effect on our finances as we are still skint.

Sad thing is it had minimal effect on our finances as we are still skint.

Indeed. Skint, outvoted when it comes to Propco decisions - which are made by the same people who make club decisions but only Propco is likely to make any money so go figure - and stuck with a curate's egg of a stadium.

Not that fan opinion matters.