Engerlund World Cup

Tam

Well, although small consolation, I'm glad I got my prediction of them getting to the Quarter Finals right. I hope they appreciate that it ends there.

Never known ficklety like it; zeros to heroes in a breath: there's obviously such a fine line between nearly bolloxing it in the event's biggest group of death and reigning supreme as undisputed world masters.

Hopefully the Krauts will have more than a bit of a say in this acid trip of lifetime for them.

'Delusional' doesn't begin to describe their misguided belief in their destiny.

Preferred outcomes:

1) Krauts by a mile

2) Krauts in a nail-biting penalty shoot-out.

Not quite there yet BJ. They're only just into the round of 16.

Ideally I'd like to see them well beaten 3-1 in the semi finals, without any contentious decisions, by the team that loses the final.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that England will have to play a lot better, full stop, to beat Germany.

It's just an old habit of me to expect the worst. So I still say Germany needs to play better, no matter how bad the english team played. ;)

Hatred? Yes, that's what it was once. But it now has cooled down to a not so serious "mocking and taunting", luckily. ;)

One of our players in the club I'm a part of here is Dutch, and I can report that he has a very healthy hatred of all things German. :)

I had an accumulator on, around 150/1, Uruguay and Paraguay to top their groups and the other 6 favourites to top theirs, looks like I’m good for 7 of them. England being terrible and that last minute USA goal has conspired against me. I hope Germany absolutely hammer them.

I'd love to see the (inevitable) penalty shoot-out sitting at something like 6-6, both sides having missed 4, when James has his saved by the Kraut keeper. The same man then scuffs his attempt to win it, but Calamity James inexplicably spills it and it crawls, lamely, over the line, a la Rob Green, and the Krauts go marching on.

At that point my second case of Beck's would be ripped open and swiftly tanned.

One of our players in the club I'm a part of here is Dutch, and I can report that he has a very healthy hatred of all things German. :)

All the dutch people that I know only hate Germany when it comes to football. Which is understandable, because the same thing holds true for all the German people I know. :P

On GMTV this morning...

England's Road to the Final - beat the Germs in the last 16, then AR-GEN-TINA in the quarters, then Spain in the semis, then a date with Brazil in the final.

This is the same England that only just managed to scrape out the easiest group in the finals, having scored only 2 goals altogether. Is it any wonder folk want them to get humped???

To be fair (ha!!) GMTV didn't quite say they'd beat Brazil, only that they'd meet them in the Final.

They draw two games and suddenly, they are the worst team in the world and Fabio Cappello is branded incompetent and they want him sacked. They then beat a poor Slovenia side 1-0 and they then become the best team in the world (again). Rational thinking and England go together like fish and ice cream. The English media are the most deluded and self-important scumbags ever shat into creation. I hate them.

On GMTV this morning...

England's Road to the Final - beat the Germs in the last 16, then AR-GEN-TINA in the quarters, then Spain in the semis, then a date with Brazil in the final.

This is the same England that only just managed to scrape out the easiest group in the finals, having scored only 2 goals altogether. Is it any wonder folk want them to get humped???

To be fair (ha!!) GMTV didn't quite say they'd beat Brazil, only that they'd meet them in the Final.

Scotland on Sunday regularly publishes Andy Murray's "route to the final" after the first week of any grand slam tournament that he isn't already out of.

What is required is for England to go out of the World Cup in a manner and at a stage that forces the only possible conclusion to be "they weren't good enough".

Not the manager's fault, nor the officials' fault, nor altitude or a player's incompetence.

Also, if they go out too early, too many matches will be spoiled by commentators saying "This could have been England" or pundits arguing whether England would have won had they been playing.

Yes indeed I was George W Bush's foreign secretary, well I told him where to drop the bombs! Solvakia, Slovenia, Serbia, its all the same place really, a bit like Greenock, Gourock and Port Glasgow, except nicer!

I have slagged off New Zeland for being poor and I think they are terrible but I rejoice in their success, how a country that doesn't have a professional football league get a team out that can draw with Italy if fantastic.

France are a complete disgrace, there is no punishment that can be enough for that gathering of egotistical fools. African children dying of food shortages and multi-millionaire not wanting to train as they are in a huff with the coach. Quite how Domaneche remained coach is a mystery antway and his refusal to shake hands with South Africa's manager probably says it all about what is wrong with football.

So France are poor, England poor, Italy poor, lets hear it for the All Whites, Soth Africas etc and the teams that go and play with their heart and not for a bonus!

They draw two games and suddenly, they are the worst team in the world and Fabio Cappello is branded incompetent and they want him sacked. They then beat a poor Slovenia side 1-0 and they then become the best team in the world (again). Rational thinking and England go together like fish and ice cream. The English media are the most deluded and self-important scumbags ever shat into creation. I hate them.

Its not often people say "lol" when they are actually laughing out loud but one of those semi-contained rush of air out the nose laughs escaped from my body as I read the last 2 lines of that :lol:

Would have thought there would have been something on TV or in the papers about their game with Germany this afternoon. :unknw:

Not even a hint of jingoistic xenophobia to be found. :thinking:

Maybe they've grown up and realised that whipping their nation into a frenzy only increased the chances of fan misbehaviour? :whistling:

Anyone else thinking of taking the game in?

The English media are the most deluded and self-important scumbags ever shat into creation. I hate them.

Another nice wee Irvine Welsh reference there from the Primal Scream / Welsh / OnUSound Euro '96 collaboration.

In every hick town in Caledonia

Across this pseudo nation

You can see the most f***ed up scum

that was shat into creation

Where a blue McEwan's lager top equals

no imagination

You're hunbelievable

You're hunbelievable

I hope the Germans win it in the most controversial manner possible. Something akin to Mexico '86 would do nicely leaving Shrek, Cashley Cole et-al in floods of tears at the final whistle.

Pearce, Waddle, Southgate, Ince, Batty, Beckham, Vassell, Lampard, Gerrard, Carragher.

Who will be Scotland's hero tomorrow?

Ashley Cole would be good, missing a vital tackle at the edge of the box as Oezil bursts past him and hammers it Donovan stylee past Jamesy