Just In

thistle4tw

Thanks lads. Getting to that time of year where contracts can be decided. By sounds of things he is putting down a marker. Key now is to keep performing well.

Also pleasing to hear Erskine had a good game. I do firmly believe there is no better player in the league but he does not deliver consistantly enough. Really has to bring his A game to most games next season. Does that, we'll do well.

Thanks lads. Getting to that time of year where contracts can be decided. By sounds of things he is putting down a marker. Key now is to keep performing well.

Also pleasing to hear Erskine had a good game. I do firmly believe there is no better player in the league but he does not deliver consistantly enough. Really has to bring his A game to most games next season. Does that, we'll do well.

His defensive game was cracking today, the. Amount of times he tracked back to nick the ball off someone's toes.

When he plays like that, and when the fans support him, hes unbeatable!

I've been one of The Bridge's biggest critics but fair play to the lad - he was fantastic today. Now he just needs to carry it on for the next few games and I'll gladly admit I was wrong :)

Robertson too - never put a foot wrong and his booking was a complete joke - looked a great tackle from where I was.

And finally a well done too to Jackie - he knew how Accies would be set up and changed to a 3-5-2 to combat it and it worked - we looked well balanced and never really troubled for the full 90 minutes.

Good performance, especially in the first half. Two good goals and three very welcome points. Down side was Doolan's injury, a poor display from Tommy Stewart, and yet another horrific performance by possibly the worst referee in Scotland, Stephen Finnie :thumbdown:

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned that linesman in the first half! 3 times he should have flagged for a Hamilton player being offside!

Overall it was a good performance and a much needed win for jags. An excellent goal by Doolan and Erskine's goal was class.

Elliott should have scored today, he had two good chances in the first half but I though he caused a lot of problems with his pace and his work rate was fantastic.

Stewart is clearly low on confidence and I don’t think he was that far away from been taken off, he did improve later on in the game however.

Was great to see us play well for 90 mins instead of the usual good half bad half. Robertson Rowson and Erskine excellent thought Cairney was poor today but if we can win when Cairney has an off day then all the better. 2 crackin goals and Erskine has been threatening to score a goal like that for ages---he could have had acouple of them today

In amongst my recent despair at all things thistle, I always made sure I've defended Erskine's ability. Can people please now accept that he's clearly one of our best players and other teams absolutely hate defending against him. He might often beat 4 players and lose the ball to the 5th, but who else do you hold I such high standards? don't beat five players and you're not good enough? No. Beat 4 players and expect your team mate to be in support and in a position for a pass.

In amongst my recent despair at all things thistle, I always made sure I've defended Erskine's ability. Can people please now accept that he's clearly one of our best players and other teams absolutely hate defending against him. He might often beat 4 players and lose the ball to the 5th, but who else do you hold I such high standards? don't beat five players and you're not good enough? No. Beat 4 players and expect your team mate to be in support and in a position for a pass.

Well said.

Wingers are pretty much inconsistent beings anyway. If he beat his man every time, and laid on an inch perfect cross everytime, he would not be playing at Partick Thistle. He has contributed far more than people give him credit for. Won us a few pens, scored a few goals, he's a threat, especially when playing with confidence, we shouldn't get on his back it's counter-productive