Can Things Get Any Better?

Lindau

Rangers still on the brink, now news filtering through that talks are at an advanced stage to take Celtic to the English 1st division. In a few years time we really could be Glasgow's No 1 team in Scottish football!!

FTOF!!

Edited by Lindau

Despite all the doom and gloom from the usual suspects, I for one think that Scottish football would be fantastic without the bigot brothers, with plenty of teams going for the league. We and plenty other full time sides get sod all from any TV money unless we get one of the BB in a cup game, so lets hope the both of them get the hell out of our football, take their bigots with them and let Scottish football thrive!

Edited by Lindau

Despite all the doom and gloom from the usual suspects, I for one think that Scottish football would be fantastic without the bigot brothers, with plenty of teams going for the league. We and plenty other full time sides get sod all from any TV games unless we get any of the BB in a cup game, so lets hope the both of them get the hell out of our football, take their bigots with them and let Scottish football thrive!

Post of the decade! :thumbsup2:

If something like this did happen, we'd HAVE to progress on the premise that any tv money is split equally among the teams. Suh is

My faith in scottish football, I'd half expect hibs and hearts to group together and negotiate a bigger chunk of the proceeds...

Spot on, it would be like Animal Farm. All clubs would be equal but some would be more equal than others.

As the clubs with the largest fan bases I've no doubt Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs would demand a bigger share.

Edited by Charlie Endell

The feeling when reading that post gives the exact same rumble in my stomach I felt when Roberts got a goal back against Hearts in the quarter final of the cup. Great feeling!

... When finding out it doesn't eventually happen, I imagine the frustration of having to watch McConalogue, Brady and Ritchie all in one team will begin.

Would be great if the bigot brothers left but lets face it , it aint gonna happen. If Scotland became independant what would happen then i doubt uefa would allow Celtic to play in europe if they are in the english league and i cant see celtic heading down south and not being able to play in europe when its guaranteed if they stay

Rangers still on the brink, now news filtering through that talks are at an advanced stage to take Celtic to the English 1st division. In a few years time we really could be Glasgow's No 1 team in Scottish football!!

FTOF!!

Are we talking Championship here or League 1? I've not read the report you've seen.

They would be mauled in the Championship. It's amazing how many teams are there that we can all remember in the Premiership. They'll all have had the benefit of parachute payments etc. - what would Celtic have? You only have to look at Middlesbrough, where half the Celtic team and management have ended up - they are hardly flying.

Celtic make me laugh - a team with Irish roots, based in Scotland, but wanting to play in England.

They can f*ck off anytime they find someone that'll take them. They are Scotlands Kerry Katona.

Are we talking Championship here or League 1? I've not read the report you've seen.

They would be mauled in the Championship. It's amazing how many teams are there that we can all remember in the Premiership. They'll all have had the benefit of parachute payments etc. - what would Celtic have? You only have to look at Middlesbrough, where half the Celtic team and management have ended up - they are hardly flying.

Celtic make me laugh - a team with Irish roots, based in Scotland, but wanting to play in England.

They can f*ck off anytime they find someone that'll take them. They are Scotlands Kerry Katona.

They want to kick off in Div 1. Not sure how that would work, surely at the very least it would be Div2. Contrary to what all the pundits say, I think the top league in Scotland would thrive without the Bigot Brothers. Stuff the TV money..highlights only, every game a 15.00 ko on a Saturday, £15 to get in...£5 for under 18s. Pretty sure that with them out the road, the league would be mega competitive and that the fans would start coming back in good numbers

FTOF!!

Would love it if this were true. Where is this being reported?

They want to kick off in Div 1. Not sure how that would work, surely at the very least it would be Div2. Contrary to what all the pundits say, I think the top league in Scotland would thrive without the Bigot Brothers. Stuff the TV money..highlights only, every game a 15.00 ko on a Saturday, £15 to get in...£5 for under 18s. Pretty sure that with them out the road, the league would be mega competitive and that the fans would start coming back in good numbers

It's taken 30 years (that's about a generation) for corporate sport to bring the Scottish game so low teams like Thistle struggle to pull more than 2,000 people to home games. It'll take a generation to repair it, assuming our clubs survive.

I'm not sure you'll get the competitive league you envisage, though sending the Ugly Sisters might be good for other teams' chances of winning something.

Scottish teams bought into this crap hook, line and sinker. It's about time they tried to unscrew the mess they've made but most of them sit on their hands. Ours is a prime example of that.

Playing devisal advocate for a second if the OF move to the English leagues they will unfortunately remain in Glasgow. If they did get to the Prem they would gobble up even more support/corporate/sponsorship cash from across Scotland than they do now.

That is indeed a problem. There'd be no additional coverage of the Scottish game, and maybe even less. Also, the OF hordes and their media maffia would consider that any competition in Scotland was now truly 2nd rate, as the OF weren't involved. Only the punters would value the situation more, I reckon.