Sean Welsh To Stay Until Summer

joejag

Played well down there right enough. Struggled at Firhill on Saturday. Think the pitch was an issue.

Kind of hope Warriors leaving will improve matters next season. All for g4 or g5 pitch now ;)

I don't think he struggled ... he held the ball well in the first half, problem was the lack of movement by other players which meant he was forced to play too many square passes. 2nd half the game died a death really and you can't blame him for that.

Normally at this stage in the season I'd be for giving our own players more of a chance, but while we might still make 3rd, even 2nd spot, if he's on form he can do us a real turn.

I usually question the value of loan signings towards the end of the season but I make exception for someone who can bring out the best in others. I feel Sean is one of those players.

Got a feeling Sean might be back at Firhill next season (well twice at least :) )

• Members

I usually question the value of loan signings towards the end of the season but I make exception for someone who can bring out the best in others. I feel Sean is one of those players.

Got a feeling Sean might be back at Firhill next season (well twice at least :) )

Yep. I seem to recall it mentioned his contract with Hibs finishes this Summer, so maybe playing to impress? If he improves the team, then get him signed.

It would be interesting to know how many young players get loaned to other clubs, then return to their own club and establish themselves as first team players. How many loanees that we've had at Firhill have done this? With the exceptions of Dorrans and Wilkinson, they all seem to get shown the door, almost as if getting loaned out is the kiss of death as far as the future goes with their own club.

Edited by Jaggernaut

It would be interesting to know how many young players get loaned to other clubs, then return to their own club and establish themselves as first team players. How many loanees that we've had at Firhill have done this? With the exceptions of Dorrans and Wilkinson, they all seem to get shown the door, almost as if getting loaned out is the kiss of death as far as the future goes with their own club.

Nothing to back it up but I sense McNamara is a good bit cannier with this sort of thing than our previous two managers. It might be simply with the budget being slashed year on year more scrutiny is involved but I get the impression McCall and The Bunnet were more impetuous with loan signings. Welsh & Naismith might well not be with their parent clubs next season but I wouldn't think by any means they're duds. Cole & Hutton will probably go on to have decent careers. Even if you sit on the fence re Balatoni, McNamara's loan or short term signings are certainly more inspiring than the likes of Mssrs Morrow, Mooc, Lennon etc,

Mooc wasnt a loan, he was just shite. Anyone remember that game at EEP where he started and was subbed having only made contact with the ball on one, maybe two, occasions?

That's why I said "or short term signings".

Mooc was certainly a first rate exponent of doing bugger all. He'd be first on my team sheet for the George Rowe memorial match. But let's never forget Stuart Noble and Dave the Ukranian :thumbsup2: