Celtic V Hearts

MWM

hope lennon/smellik get buried with a few months in the stands and a massive fine for the club by the sfa beaks for his run onto the pitch and abuse of the referee - an odious little man with neither self control nor respect - still fails to realise that it's only a game and losing with a bit of dignity is really what should be called for instead of his disturbingly childish behaviour

Did you have the same opinion of sheils when he did the same thing earlier in the season.

Did you have the same opinion of sheils when he did the same thing earlier in the season.

I'm afraid I must have missed that PT so therefore it's not something I'd comment on but it's clearly a parallel you feel strongly about - I would say that if it involved a manager bringing the game and his club into disrepute for the nth time - despite previous warnings and bans - then I most probably would have the same opinion

hope lennon/smellik get buried with a few months in the stands and a massive fine for the club by the sfa beaks for his run onto the pitch and abuse of the referee - an odious little man with neither self control nor respect - still fails to realise that it's only a game and losing with a bit of dignity is really what should be called for instead of his disturbingly childish behaviour

Said exactly the same thing to a mate at the end of the game. When he is ever going to learn to take defeat with some dignity? Can you imagine Jock Stein chasing a ref round the pitch like that. You can understand his frustration at the penalty decision as it was never deliberate handball but given Hooper was offside at the goal he can hardly complain. Definitely a case of decisions evening themselves out, and it only took 5 minutes!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Neil Lennon has mental health issues. Even if that's not the case I find the real culprits are the folk that know his traits and in some way have the power to shield and/or control him but do sweet nothing.

We're forever hearing how fiscally prudent Celtic FC are these days yet they can't see their way to spending a bob or two man managing what will be one of their highest paid employees. Standing idly by whilst this guy on such a regular basis is seen to make an arse of himself shines a very poor light on Celtic FC. Football managers are regularly expected to protect their out of order players and within limits nearly always do so. The hierarchy of a football club should in turn protect their out of order manager.

Not exactly saying I feel sorry for Neil Lennon but I do think his employers are every bit to blame for allowing his outbursts.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Good, id hate to think your opinion was clouded based on your hatred of an "odious" little man.

i have already had my opinion clouded PT by previous sightings (many years ago when he played) of his boorish behaviour in west end hostelries - sad to see his aggressive behaviour has not changed and nor has my opinion - but clearly it's important to you to to attach the word 'hatred' to my post when it was not there to justify something ... so maybe as i've just put my cards on the table so should you

It's all a great big conspiracy I tell you... the powers that be are doing all this to make it look as though the OF's grip and domination of Scottish Football is over and they are not the world-beaters they once were. It's an outrage, I'm off to Tweet about it like a spoilt little ginger twat who can only accept defeat disgracefully.

Edited by Vom Itorium

Why should he mention that? It was clearly a dive and Ki should have been booked!

I know, I was commenting on what I thought Lennon was likely to bring up, not what I thought he should have brought up. Hence me putting inverted commas around 'stonewall'.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Neil Lennon has mental health issues. Even if that's not the case I find the real culprits are the folk that know his traits and in some way have the power to shield and/or control him but do sweet nothing.

You're not wrong there, m'lady. I chanced upon an article in the Daily Retard on Saturday before the (our) game in which the carrot-heided maggot has got it into his sawdust-flled napper that this Sellick team of his can win the Champions League!! I know the DR is more than capable of juicing up comments from those in the spotlight, but the attribution seems to have something in it.

Re the second point which you correctly make, I blame that Alan Thompson as he seems to have the role of chief hauder-back of the wee runt. Lennon needs to be allowed unrestrained access to hs next victim so that he can commit one unequivocal heinous atrocity and get kicked out the game for good. I do feel sorry for the catalyst/victim in that situation though and would hope that he is appropriately compensated.

I was actually quite happy for Lennon when Celtic sealed the league last week and thought he deserved it for the nonsense he has had to put up with over the past few years. I've met him before and I found him to be a gentleman. I respected the fact that, this season, he had appeared to learn from his mistakes and act in a respectable manner, a manner becoming of a manager of any football club, never mind a club who draws a lot of attention to our country.

However, yesterday proved that he has not changed one bit. Never mind blaming officials, suggesting it was "personal", what about the fact that your team bottled it in a big match AGAIN? His record in games where something is on the line is simply atrocious.

He'll get caned for his Twitter outburst and it'll all be somebody else's fault again because everybody is against poor Lenny and Celtic. Embarrassing.

Edited by Armand2