We Are Going To Win The League 2012/13

Collins Out!

I don't think we'll win the league, if we kept Cairney I'd maybe fancy a bit more of a successful season, but he's such an important player to us, can't see how after a mid-table season, we can forecast winning the league when we've lost our best player. Unless the new guys are world beaters, I don't see enough there to win the league.

The one thing I do think that will be better is McNamara as a manager, so maybe he'll squeeze a bit more out the squad, but overall, I think we won't have enough. But you never know, I didn't fancy Ross County this season either and they romped it.

And a Happy New year to you all when it comes! This long into supporting the Jags, the reasons for being optimistic have long been dismissed as unclear and not worth the analysis.

I like the way some early signings have been made, staking and early claim to a direction for the team. Sad to see another Player of the year departing, but now that the rugby is also going, perhaps we'll see a surface that better suits the style of play which our managerial team favours. I've always admired our new signing from St Mirren, although a few years ago would have been better, and I hope that the young ones who have signed up are going to add value.

Lets look forward with some optimism, albeit weathered by experience, and support what has the potential to be a year when we can challenge and not a challenging year

For no particular reason, I agree with the OP. I kinda sense that we've got a Lambiesque year ahead of us and that things will be better than we've become used to in recent seasons of 'promise with no end result'.

We are Thistle, em that's it.

(This post was brought to you by Carlsberg, but I do actually feel that something good is just around corner).

Monni Jags.

It should be very tight again next season as most clubs will be cutting budgets like us. We were only 8 points behind Dundee. If we can stop dropping points at home to teams below us, we could be challengers. Jackie must sign a decent replacement for Cairney.

We were only 8 points behind Dundee. If we can stop dropping points at home to teams below us, we could be challengers.

I know it's ifs and buts and other teams will all have their own versions but I thought our biggest failing last season was our inability to push on when we were ahead and outplaying the opposition. Not got time to check up on stats but I can only recall one occasion where the opposition scored first and we went on to take 3 pts. And that was a home win against a team that got relegated. On the other hand there were too many occasions when we scored first and failed to go on and win. Certainly more than just the 8 pts that could have seen us second lost in those games.

Get to the bottom of and cure the cause of above and we could.have a very good season. Anybody that's watched us know we can play good football, In fact I don't recall many occasions when were outplayed as opposed to outfought. Acknowledge that then there's every grounds for having some optimism.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It should be very tight again next season as most clubs will be cutting budgets like us. We were only 8 points behind Dundee. If we can stop dropping points at home to teams below us, we could be challengers. Jackie must sign a decent replacement for Cairney.

Yes, and they now have John Baird filling the void left by duds like Jake Hyde.

It would be a major surprise for me if won the league. We do not have the squad depth nor the goals outside of Doolan.

A lot will depend on our strikers .If Someone like McGuigan can contibute even 10 goals in the league to go alongside Dools then a lot of our draws may become wins and put us up there.My feeling is that we're one creative player short at the moment to be a real threat but we possibly could be not far away.

Maybe winning the league is a bit of a stretch, but, as has been pointed out elsewhere on this forum, promotion may be on the cards. If a Rangers youth team are languishing in the basement of the SPL come Christmas, then I imagine league reconstruction will suddenly become a matter of serious debate. We've been shafted by rule changes in the past: maybe this time we will benefit.