Latest Statement From The Club

Fawlty Towers

I am willing to be shot down, especially if I am missing something.

However, despite knowing morally the newco should undoubtedly be in the 3rd division (at most), having them in the 1st isn't so bad.

We get 2 virtual crowds in the season.

TV income frim Sky (both crucial after losing the rugby)

The leagues are being restructured to include a SPL/1st play off

Scottish football becomes more interesting to the outside world - it has been dull

The most important thing to me is that Partick Thistle survive and don't get into our own financial troubles again and if that means newco in Division 1 I'll take that - I am totally wrong?

Much of that could be waiting for Thistle two seasons, maybe three, if the newco braggarts are correct about their team walking the leagues.

Much of that could be achieved without pimping the leagues off any more than they have been over the years.

All the inducements are simply there to get Rangers into the SPL as quickly as possible. Once there, the drawbridge could be quickly lifted and it's back to business as usual. Emboldened, there might even be a 10-team SPL.

I am willing to be shot down, especially if I am missing something.

However, despite knowing morally the newco should undoubtedly be in the 3rd division (at most), having them in the 1st isn't so bad.

We get 2 virtual crowds in the season.

TV income frim Sky (both crucial after losing the rugby)

The leagues are being restructured to include a SPL/1st play off

Scottish football becomes more interesting to the outside world - it has been dull

The most important thing to me is that Partick Thistle survive and don't get into our own financial troubles again and if that means newco in Division 1 I'll take that - I am totally wrong?

Yes, you are totally wrong. First, a play-off is not a restructuring of the leagues. Second, Scottish football becomes more interesting how, exactly? Watch while newco inevitably win their way to the SPL?

Third, Partick Thistle probably would not survive this, judging by the number of people who are ready to abandon football for ever if newco are allowed into Div. 1. In fact several Scottish clubs might not survive it. They would survive without newco, on the other hand.

A statement that doesn't state anything. Yet someone at the club thought it should be published. Our board is clearly not thinking straight.

Let's make it easy for them. Even the Rangers fans I know say that this is a bad idea. Get the sleaze out of Scottish footbal. Start by saying, "No" loudly and clearly.

The 2 crowds you'd get if/ when a Newco makes its way up the league.

As for anything else being offered in this panic deal, it'll be soon withdrawn when the ugly sisters want their 'baw back'.

Keep saying it, SPL, 11-1 voting rights, majority of income, shafted us and others before etc etc. are they going to give it up for long if hings stay same?

Proper discussion win proper reconstruction needed for Scottish game, not some hash bash' drawn up in 2 minutes on the back of a fag packet!

Left the last quote in as made me chuckle a bit.

Are you serious? We've been the best run club in Scotland since Save the Jags. ;)

Short term, any gain will be wiped with punters voting with their feet and walking. If the club is to survive - & I find it interesting we're being fed the impending doom line again if this offer isn't accepted (like possible Champions League bound Motherwell's fans have been threatened by their BOD with administration)- our BOD must stand behind the other SFL clubs like Falkirk, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr & more to say no to Newco unles they reapply in Div 3. That way a proper discussion can take place and not the blackmail which is happening just now.

You can bet your house on it that after tuesdays meeting we get a "we listend to all the arguments and are voting no" message.

I can sort of understand their position with respect to not being in receipt of the full facts , but the initial leak of the proposal shows it to be a bag of shite and contains a tone of threats and could be veiwed as an attempt at bulying.

Will hold off releasing the dogs on them until I see what happens on Tuesday , if we are seen to be voting no then I can accept the fence sitting for now, if it leaks we have argues for acceptance of that shite then well its gonna be a difficult call for a lot of us

This statement would have been perfectly acceptable, to me at least, had it contained the line "to give us time to consult and listen to the views of our fans."

Maybe you missed the earlier "we would make use of every avenue open to us to seek the views of, and canvas opinion from, our supporters to help us better formulate a position that promotes the best interests of Partick Thistle Football Club and Scottish Football as a whole."

I must have blinked and missed the opinion canvassing.

Perhaps (playing devil's advocate here mind) being a Glasgow club and regularly having Sevco fans through the turnstiles to see the Jags - albeit in small numbers - they are unwilling to take a public position on the matter for a variety of reasons beknown only to themselves.

I can see where you are coming from here. The only thing is, should the club vote in favour of Newco being admitted to SFL1 and they are in danger of alienating the bulk of their support for the sake of appeasing a few hundred (at best) Rangers fans who may turn up to watch the Jags once or twice a season. Maybe a tactful stance to adopt would be to abstain from voting altogether.

Much of that could be waiting for Thistle two seasons, maybe three, if the newco braggarts are correct about their team walking the leagues.

Much of that could be achieved without pimping the leagues off any more than they have been over the years.

All the inducements are simply there to get Rangers into the SPL as quickly as possible. Once there, the drawbridge could be quickly lifted and it's back to business as usual. Emboldened, there might even be a 10-team SPL.

I am very much of this way of thinking too. This proposed league reconstruction is nothing of the sort. All they are suggesting is introducing a play-off between the SPL and SFL1, which they could easily have brought in years ago. I have major, major doubts over them honouring their promise; why would they risk, in future, losing an Aberdeen or a Hibs for a Hamilton or a Falkrik? Maybe I am adopting the mind-set of a fan of the green arse cheek here, but it would not surprise me one bit if the play-off lasts as long as it takes to get Newco into the SPL.

Edited by Guy Incognito

Maybe you missed the earlier "we would make use of every avenue open to us to seek the views of, and canvas opinion from, our supporters to help us better formulate a position that promotes the best interests of Partick Thistle Football Club and Scottish Football as a whole."

I must have blinked and missed the opinion canvassing.

Looks like its been rewritten as ""we would make use of Jim Alexander to attempt change the views of, and ignore opinion from, our supporters to help us better formulate a position that promotes the best interests of our Great Govan Friends and not that of Partick Thistle Football Club and Scottish Football as a whole"

If the club had given us a timetable for events then i feel that may have helped.

say from start they will look at all facts, advise that this would include the meeting of SFL on Tuesday.

Then state they will give the full details from the SFL meeting and would "canvas" views of fans and say exactly how that would be done.

Then state a deadline as to when a decision would be made.

Had they done that, I would have been far happier and would at least have known of their agenda.

All they have done is cause panic, unrest and now paranoia to creep into the fans!

If the club had given us a timetable for events then i feel that may have helped.

say from start they will look at all facts, advise that this would include the meeting of SFL on Tuesday.

Then state they will give the full details from the SFL meeting and would "canvas" views of fans and say exactly how that would be done.

Then state a deadline as to when a decision would be made.

Had they done that, I would have been far happier and would at least have known of their agenda.

All they have done is cause panic, unrest and now paranoia to creep into the fans!

Fair enough but what is there to discuss?