East Fife Statement.

Fistle1876

East Fife FC want to make clear our views on the current “Newco” situation as it relates to SFL membership. We have taken into account the views of over 500 of our supporters who responded to our survey.

We retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us in this regard. The board of directors of East Fife FC, however, is unanimous in its view that we shall not support any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One. Any “Newco” must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier.

Sid Collumbine

Chairman, East Fife FC

Did East fife issue that today? If so, then there is still time for our own board to make a statement. Plenty of clubs have yet to make one, we are far from alone. Don't think my feelings on this issue are in any doubt but I'm prepared to give the club a bit of time to make a statement. I would though, prefer it was done before the SPL meet tomorrow.

Well done indeed!

Contrast that statement with Beattie's cop out this morning.

They said they're against newco for Division 1. So have we, finally. They said they're up for reconstruction, while we suggested that the SFA should step in, and presumably move to reconstruct so I don't see such a big difference between our stances. Some of us are still having a go at DB though. I think he said what mattered, no to newco. Beyond that the rest is....who the f knows? Rumours of the SPL postponing a vote though? Are they waiting for the SPL vote? What could then happen is we postpone again, waiting for them and it.....we spin into limbo. In which the SFA would have to step in....

Gawd. I despise Rangers, because that's what they will continue to be. They've poisoned us all, but I may be walking away before it gets to it. Whatever DB ir anyone else says. The domestic game is tainted beyond repair, I fear.

Edited by beep0608

They said they're against newco for Division 1. So have we, finally. They said they're up for reconstruction, while we suggested that the SFA should step in, and presumably move to reconstruct so I don't see such a big difference between our stances.

No we haven't. East Fife are against Newco in Div 1 in principle. We would accept them in if SFA proposes an acceptable restructuring deal.