What Wil Be The Outcome?

The optimist

Right guys, it's been the talking point all summer. I think we all know that newco should be dumped into div 3 for next season (perhaps not even be given a sfa membership), but what do you think WILL be the outcome come Friday?

Got a bad feeling that thistle will be travelling to ibrox next season : (

I agree.

Don't see how the SPHell can live without SKY's money.

Really think SPHell 2 with be set up, only in the hope that Newco will be back next season.

Anyone get the impression that the Glasgow cup may just be renamed the Glasgow New Year cup? (Just a thought)

I don't know.

I was sure that it'd be Newco ib SFL3.

But some of the puzzling stuff over the last few days make me wonder if there will be some last minute ill-thought-out solution to have them in tier two. And that's what I think might actually happen unfortunately.

I think the SFL will agree to let them into the second tier - with the promise of major reform for next summer (2013).

Also think that's what most of the SFL1 clubs actually want, despite the fan's wishes being very different. But hey we only support football so what do we know?

So the first question gets past their rule of a club having tp be an associate member for four successive years just to get into the league at all, and the second one hops them up two divisions without any gutless chairmen having their fingerprints directly on it.

Hard to see anything other than Div 1 or SPL2, whatever you choose to call it, because they will stop at absolutely nothing to bring this about.

Clubs like Raith deserve all the credit in the world for their stance so far, but they're getting steamrollered pretty damn hard now.

Edited by Double Ugly

As to the original question. My crystal ball tells me "they" will start the season in Div 3 (they'll apply for that cos they can't really afford wages) but they will fail to finish the season when they go mammaries skywards again once HMRC and BDO get all forensic and medieval with them over past transgressions and the Duff and Phelps sale of assets for heehaw like the real value.

As to the original question. My crystal ball tells me "they" will start the season in Div 3 (they'll apply for that cos they can't really afford wages) but they will fail to finish the season when they go mammaries skywards again once HMRC and BDO get all forensic and medieval with them over past transgressions and the Duff and Phelps sale of assets for heehaw like the real value.

I cannot tell you how much I hope this is true.

I agree.

Don't see how the SPHell can live without SKY's money.

This is the problem. If the SPL think that they will get rangers back in 12/13 then they will shut up shop and see it as business as usual. They've never cared about the good of Scottish football overall before so if the SFL bale them out then it will be f**k you jack I'm OK.

I'm told Livvi and Airdrie have reps on the SFL Board and that the total is 6. WHo are the others anybody know? Vital to lobby them mercilessly this week. The Lvivi rep will play hard ball, the Airdrie one will assume the position. Need to know stance of the other 4

According to folk on Twitter...

SFL board apparently: Gordon MacDougall (Livingston), Jim Ballantyne (Airdrie), Ewan Cameron (Alloa), Anne McKeown (Arbroath), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Malky Mackay (Queens Park), Ken Ferguson (Brechin), Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

Airdrie - conflict of interest (he's an oldco shareholder

Pars - conflict of interest (club stands to gain)

Livvi - will play hard ball

Alloa - no idea

Arbroath - no idea

Sons - no idea

Queens - surely they'll want to fill Hampden with newco fans in Div 3 :-)

Brechin - called for sporting integrity last week.

They're obviously going to come up with a package to offer the clubs midweek and then give them the chance to get it through by handing it over to the board who can decide "for the good of the game". I think when it gets to that stage it's all over anyway, so pressure on every club would still be the way to go.

Say for argument a third are happy to vote for a deal, a third are against and a third are keen to have the deal but too scared to vote for it and then face their own fans (hello, Mr Beattie). This option would let them ease it through. It's the only reason for it to exist.

I wonder how many of those fans of SPL clubs appreciate that maybe they didn't win their battle after all and the guys they thought they had convinced to do the right thing just simply decided to put the fix in elsewhere.

So it will be the clubs in the lower divisions who get the blowback form all this while the SPL clubs get a pat on the back from thier fans.

(BTW I realise some of the SPL guys were honestly for NO from the start but I suspect the rest bided their time till they saw if a fix could be sorted).

Edited by Mr Bunny