Sfl Place Rangers In Third Division

CUMBERNAULD JAG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stenhousemuir on their official website saying they voted for Sevco to SFL3!

http://www.stenhouse...2012/07/13/795/

"At todays meeting of the SFL clubs to decide on the fate of Rangers (Newco), the club voted to place them into the 3rd Division.

As was indicated in the club's original statement that it would only vote in favour of Rangers on the strict proviso that the various elements of restructuring and merging of the leagues were agreed to our satisfaction.

During the meeting, the club still had doubt as to whether the above elements were to our satisfaction and in accordance with our initial statement voted to place Rangers in the 3rd Division.

FULL CLUB STATEMENT WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY. "

So who voted for Sevco in SFL1?

Edited by kni

The SFA still have to approve transfer of Hunswereus registration to Sevco, and i have just seen this tweet from the BBC, which really would put the cat amongst the pigeons if true:

Charles Green told meeting during q"n"a he was informed by SFA that membership of association would be granted only if vote was for div1

Very proud of Thistle and the other 24 for doing the right thing.

Going by the statement on ptfc.co.uk , i am not yet totally convinced that Thistle "did the right thing" and were part of the 25. The latest statement does not state that Thistle voted no, it states the member clubs voted no overwhelmingly. Why not include us in that, and state we were one of those who said No to Hunswereus in SFL1, if that was the clubs view and vote?

http://www.stenhouse...2012/07/13/795/

So who voted for Sevco in SFL13?

That's what i'd really like to know ..... :unsure:

I shall be purchasing a season ticket within the next couple of months, once I get some wages in. It won't get used much but it was the promise I made.

By that point it will hopefully be clear that we voted no.

Edited by twinny

Can someone confirm the story that SKY have pulled the plug.

I certainly can not condone paying for the English premiership with my fees when they treat our game with such disdain.

Actually good riddance. They have had far to much influence over the whole game and have been part of the cartel that has led to the current implosion.

The statement on the club's website states " the clubs voted NO to Sevco Scotland Limited being admitted into the 1st Division and are subsequently been given (sic) access to Division 3".

There is no indication in the statement as to how the Partick Thistle Board voted.

I find this omission rather worrying and I fear that our board were one of the five that voted for Sevco to come into SPL1. I hope I'm proved wrong when more details become available.

Can someone confirm the story that SKY have pulled the plug.

I certainly can not condone paying for the English premiership with my fees when they treat our game with such disdain.

Actually good riddance. They have had far to much influence over the whole game and have been part of the cartel that has led to the current implosion.

Sky threatened to pull out last month if Sevco was put in Division 3 - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/06/14/rangers-in-crisis-sky-tv-threaten-to-tear-up-tv-deal-if-ibrox-club-is-demoted-to-division-three-86908-23895647/

This will be used as a means to force the SPL to vote again.

Sky threatened to pull out last month if Sevco was put in Division 3 - http://www.dailyreco...86908-23895647/

This will be used as a means to force the SPL to vote again.

Does one believe anything in the Record?

I think they have a legal obligation to continue, though there may be some leeway for them to negotiate a lower payment.

But do they really want the kind of publicity they'd get if they did this - insisting that tax-dodgers and bigots (because if they're looking for the OF games then they must be accepting that Newco sustains RFC's scabby history) must always be part of any deal? And when BT are looking to build up a Football TV presence?

Edited by Mr Bunny

From the BBC

"Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton

"What remains to be seen is whether us having made that decision leads onto others beginning to interfere and gerrymander.

"We await, with interest, what happens. I said last week that today was important. Today isn't the end game in this: let's not kid ourselves..."

Good points, Mr Bunny. A BT-ESPN bidding war could yield a better deal. Some experts say that the Sky deal undervalues the SPL brand. Then there are the overseas rights...

Let's be honest, there's not going to be a bidding war for the 'SPL brand' in its current guise. Not at the current levels. At least that's what I hope...

For the forseeable future there'll be zero competition for the title - must be unique in world football. There's little spectacle.

This should be the driver for the structural change that I think we're all desparate for...

Dumbarton statement - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4040

"After listening carefully to supporters and stakeholders, considering the available evidence, and taking an active part in recent detailed negotiations, the Board felt with the 24 other clubs who voted the same way that the Third Division option was the best one in the circumstances."

Better than ours!

This is another superb statement. It also quantifies the loss arising from putting Sevco in Division 3 - £60k. Again PTFC has been made to look small.

Ayr Chairman's blog from this morning - http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/news.asp?int_news_id=3006&bln_archive=no&int_month=7&int_year=2012

Ch13/07/2012

Chairman’s Blog

Well, the last few weeks have been interesting. We have had The SPL vote in a sham of a meeting that due to “sporting integrity” they were going to evict Newco Rangers from the SPL. All the while, they knew fine well that voting to allow them to stay wasn’t going to be allowed to happen and have since passed the buck and laid their problem at the SFL’s door.

Since that point, they have applied considerable pressure threatening the loss of all of our income and emotional blackmail about football collapsing and it being all the SFL’s fault. To be honest, it’s not surprising based on past dealings with the SPL, but here we are and what do we do?

Today’s vote is monumental in the history of Scottish football and it’s not without a great deal of stress and debate amongst our board and input from shareholders, season ticket holders and supporters that we have come up with our votes for the three agenda items placed before our one representative at today’s meeting.

We will vote yes to allowing Newco Rangers into the SFL as an associate member and agree to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the league 2012/13. The logic behind this is that they have the facilities and fan base that the league is looking for. The fact that it could go against the rule book is a question for the SFL and not us.

We will vote no on the agenda item that allows Rangers into the 3rd division, but 1st division if the SFL board agree terms with the SPL and SFA on measures “improving” the game. Our representative has been instructed that if the agenda item is altered to allow Rangers into the 3rd division full stop, that we will vote yes, but not on any agenda item that allows Rangers into the 1st. 

Finally, we will vote yes to allow either Dunfermline or Dundee to resign from the SFL and be admitted to the SPL for the upcoming season.

A lot has been said in the press etc. about what is right and wrong, but my personal opinion is that Rangers are/were one of 42 professional football clubs in Scotland and should be treated as any one of the 41 other clubs would be. I did not appreciate the bullying and threats that have come from above and part of the problem in our professional game is the unbalanced structure. By the way, I have started writing from my point of view because that is exactly what it is. It is not necessarily the view of Ayr United FC.

I don’t think anyone believes that if it were any other SPL Club besides Celtic that there would be anywhere near this level of pressure etc. and it is partly because of this that we have voted the way we have.

If Rangers do end up voted into the 3rd division, it is likely that an SPL2 will be attempted. So, just for the record (and I hope the sarcasm is clear) the body that is doing such a sterling job of running the top league in our country is going to further try to decimate the SFL by setting up another league and forcing the teams left behind to grovel for crumbs.

I hope that whatever decision is taken tomorrow will be allowed to stand without interference or lawsuits etc., and we will accept any decision either way by the democratic process set up by the SFL. We may not agree with the outcome, but if it is made by the SFL by a transparent vote, then I am satisfied.

I would like to say that I think David Longmuir and the SFL board have been stitched up here, but they have handled themselves well under the circumstances. I sat on that board for a few years and I know for a fact that David, and all of the others who make up the board from the various clubs in Scotland are supporters of the game and believe in the integrity of the game itself. He has been put under unbelievable public pressure and although some press have tried to bundle him in with the other two, he will do what is the right thing by going with the wishes of the 30 clubs that make up the SFL.

Finally, and this is important. If our wishes come true and Rangers do enter the SFL in the 3rd division, we will be under immediate financial pressure as we will automatically lose over 60k immediately. That 60k is already spent in this years playing budget.

Ayr United will not make it through the season if we don’t find a way to make up that loss. So, we have decided to vote based on what is right, but meanwhile are aware that it has the possibility of collapsing us as a club. That is where all of you who have written, called and emailed the club can help by purchasing season tickets, encouraging people to attend matches and sponsoring your club in all the various ways possible.

I have appreciated all of the correspondence that we have received from our supporters. (I could have done without the hundreds of emails from supporters of other clubs) and we have taken your views into account when making our decision. It’s a huge financial risk for us, but I personally think that if we are to make it through this season in tact that it is better standing for what is right than selling our souls and the integrity of the game to appease those at the top who have already done their best to dismantle the game since 1998. I’m a big Scotland supporter and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we haven’t been to a major finals since the SPL was formed.

Hopefully tomorrow’s vote is binding and there is no monkey business that further tarnishes all of us in the sport, and I like most that I have heard from hope it’s the right one.

Lachlan Cameron

An interesting quote from Inverness (from BBC website). "A sad day for all clubs in Scotland"

•  
    INVERNESS CT CHAIRMAN KENNY CAMERON

"There will now inevitably be serious consequences for the game in Scotland.
    "We have all, as clubs, accepted the views of our stakeholders in making the initial judgement to uphold sporting integrity.
    "All clubs will now have to live with the repercussions of this decision. Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward.
    "But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision. This is a sad day for all clubs in Scotland.""None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today's meeting, for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years. But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.
    "The directors of ICTFC are fully aware of the financial implications of this latest decision on Newco. The loss of either our fans or our sponsors was never going to leave any of the clubs in Scotland in a healthy financial position and for some this could spell the end of football as we know it.
    "Certain clubs in the SFL have perceived the financial information they were receiving as a 'big stick' to beat them into accepting Newco in the First Division. This was definitely not the case, as far as I am concerned. What they were being told was the reality of the situation.
    "We will be convening an emergency board meeting over the weekend to discuss the very serious financial implications for us as a club going forward."

Does one believe anything in the Record?

I think they have a legal obligation to continue, though there may be some leeway for them to negotiate a lower payment.

But do they really want the kind of publicity they'd get if they did this - insisting that tax-dodgers and bigots (because if they're looking for the OF games then they must be accepting that Newco sustains RFC's scabby history)? And when BT are looking to build up a Football TV presence?

The Record just prints hunaganda and lies.

Sky, if they are wise, will realise pulling out of the tv deal, or even renegotiating it, may prove much more costly to them in terms of lost revenue, than what they may save on the SPL deal.

A quick calculation of 400,000 scottish subscribers at average £50/month is £240 million a year.

(I'm sure its nearer 500,000 scots, but erring on low side for this monetary example).

Even if 10% left Sky/went to BT if they pulled out/lowered the deal, thats a sizeable enough yearly loss of revenue for Sky for them to think twice. Murdoch and his cronies are a lot of things, but stupid when it comes to money, they are not.

An interesting quote from Inverness (from BBC website). "A sad day for all clubs in Scotland"

•  

"We have all, as clubs, accepted the views of our stakeholders in making the initial judgement to uphold sporting integrity.
    "All clubs will now have to live with the repercussions of this decision. Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward.
    "But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision. This is a sad day for all clubs in Scotland.""None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today's meeting, for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years. But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.
    "The directors of ICTFC are fully aware of the financial implications of this latest decision on Newco. The loss of either our fans or our sponsors was never going to leave any of the clubs in Scotland in a healthy financial position and for some this could spell the end of football as we know it.
    "Certain clubs in the SFL have perceived the financial information they were receiving as a 'big stick' to beat them into accepting Newco in the First Division. This was definitely not the case, as far as I am concerned. What they were being told was the reality of the situation.
    "We will be convening an emergency board meeting over the weekend to discuss the very serious financial implications for us as a club going forward."

So ICTFC voted to let Newco into the SPL? I don't remember that.

I also note that the statement regarding SPL2 on Newco's website was soon altered to remove references to Doncaster and Regan

Before

It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 – which would include Rangers – and invite existing Division One members to join.

After

It was mooted last week that plans for an SPL2 would swing into action in the event of today's outcome but it is not known if this will be the case.

•  

And did they think it was impossible they'd ever get relegated? What would they have done then to address their financial situation? Did they not have a contingency plan?

Oh, and re the "once in a lifetime opportunity for change gone". Why? Is he now admitting it was only a bribe and we're not getting it now since we didn't play it the way you wanted?

Do these guys ever engage brain before opening mouth? He's just told us he only voted to refuse Newco because he thought the fix was in for Div 1.

Actually I think it is very likely several SPL clubs voted the right way for the right reasons but this shows some did so because they'd been told they could fix division 1 for Newco.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Humble pie?!?

SFA CHIEF EXECUTIVE STEWART REGAN

"In light of today's decision by the members of the Scottish Football League, the Scottish FA is committed to leading the challenge to reinvigorate the national game.

"This challenge requires the collective effort not just of the Scottish FA but the respective league organisations and all member clubs.

"Today is a watershed for Scottish football. There will, undoubtedly, be financial consequences on the horizon. None the less, with togetherness, an open mind, and innovative thinking, there can also be opportunity: opportunity to restructure the game and promote competitiveness, to place greater emphasis on development of young Scottish talent and to support the financial sustainability of clubs through the Financial Fair Play model.

"The Scottish FA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process. The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions.

"Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game."

W'IT!!!??