Fixtures

a f kincaid

It's possible I haven't fully understood this but are Rangers picking up the previously published fixtures of Stranraer? If so, has someone told the Strathclyde's finest? I cross-checked the first 6 Rangers home league fixtures and three of them (1/9, 22/9 and 10/11) clash with Celtic home games. Surely this won't be allowed to happen?

PS. The first big Glasgow derby is on 20 October ie, Queen's Park at home!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the fact Sevco & Celtic are seemingly playing at home on same day.

Assuming SKY don't pull the plug this season you'll prob find the majority of their games are switched to Sunday for live TV.

However, I reckon Sevco are in a quandry now.

The SFA, according to what we have heard from Clyde & backed up by Alex Thomson's blog, had suggested to Sevco that whatever the outcome they would not play in SFL3.

Now the quandry, time scale to set up an SPL2 this season would be nigh on impossible unless start of season delayed which in turn would probably kill the game altogether.

Sevco take a year out & they can't even come close to arguing they are the same club with the same history a la Fiorentina.

So, SPL reinstatement beckons...

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the fact Sevco & Celtic are seemingly playing at home on same day.

Assuming SKY don't pull the plug this season you'll prob find the majority of their games are switched to Sunday for live TV.

However, I reckon Sevco are in a quandry now.

The SFA, according to what we have heard from Clyde & backed up by Alex Thomson's blog, had suggested to Sevco that whatever the outcome they would not play in SFL3.

Now the quandry, time scale to set up an SPL2 this season would be nigh on impossible unless start of season delayed which in turn would probably kill the game altogether.

Sevco take a year out & they can't even come close to arguing they are the same club with the same history a la Fiorentina.

So, SPL reinstatement beckons...

My thoughts exactly. Several SPL clubs will be having second thoughts after the SFL vote. They will have the same, or similar, financial concerns as Inverness CT. No "Rangers" in the SPL for at least 3 seasons was not what they voted for originally. My guess is that the SFA will try to broker a deal based on more punitive sanctions.

Killie chairmen off the record said to one of his fans groups that bank may force them into administration if no rangers. E.g. Gate money, sky deal etc.

They are trying to fill the ground on first day of the season to show bank that rangers don't matter. Hardly a good sell when it's at home to dundee/Dunfermline!

If Newco get Stranraer's fixtures and Stranraer get Airdrie's whose fixtures have Airdrie's got ?

If the above were to happen, they would get the Dundee or Dunfermline fixtures, dependent on who was promoted to the SPL.

I suspect the point is moot and that Newco will get Club 12's fixtures.