Another Statement

FFS....now how difficult was that!! After Beatties ridiculous early statements on the matter, good to see that the board finally came to its senses. Fan power wins the day, but am I the only one that thinks there are gonna be more twist and turns in this ridiculous saga? Five 2 day tickets for the tourney will be bought next week...let the football commence!

Edited by Lindau

I think there will be a panic vote at the spl agm. Rangers will be voted back to the premier.

as they do not have a team as most of them seem to have left, they will finish bottom and be relegated to the first. then the spl will be happy.

:happy2:

FFS....now how difficult was that!! After Beatties ridiculous early statements on the matter, good to see that the board finally came to its senses. Fan power wins the day, but am I the only one that thinks there are gonna be more twist and turns in this ridiculous saga?

Think we all think that, but we have the answer we so badly wanted . Time to put this all behind us and back the team. They need it.

Brilliant, I'll be attending every game I can when I'm in the country and going crazy in Greaves. I can actually feel my shoulders have dropped by down to where they're meant to sit. Think we'll all be toasting that. I understand that the Club may well have wanted to some wriggle room in the run up to the vote, but this statement could have come a lot earlier and there will need to be some damage limitation with the press.

Fred, you got a bag of 'em - let them go as it looks like SPL chiefs are against taking Gers II back - according to the BBC site.

Seems pretty cut and dried, unless Clyde know something we dont. Personally I wont believe it till the whistle goes at their first Div 3 game

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/15/dundee-united-and-hearts-insist-there-s-no-chance-newco-rangers-will-find-a-way-into-spl-86908-23908629/

Really sorry, but I suspect we are being fed weasel words. Although the club is implying that we were one of the 25, sadly I believe we were one of the five. Let's ask for a plain unequivocal statement in plain English. Were we one of the 25 or one of the 5?

Official statement on official site says NO, there is no way the club would leave themselves wide open to planting a lie there

Thats a better statement, and does seem to confirm we voted no, but ..... as Norman and Fred make valid points:

All the statement says is "that is the vote which was carried to the SFL meeting yesterday". It doesn't actually say we voted No at the meeting. :angry3:

Nah, I'm just messin'. :evil::lol:

Really sorry, but I suspect we are being fed weasel words. Although the club is implying that we were one of the 25, sadly I believe we were one of the five. Let's ask for a plain unequivocal statement in plain English. Were we one of the 25 or one of the 5?

I think/hope it is just down to slightly poor writing skills/thought on the part of Maxi ..... we seem to have a propensity to write flowerly statements that can be open to misinterpretation ..... surely it would have been easier (and more grammatically correct) to have said "the board met a week last Friday and voted unanimously against the prospect of Sevco being granted immediate access to SFL 1 and that No Vote is the vote which was cast at the SFL meeting yesterday."

However, i am just being picky, and am happy to take Maxi's statement at facevalue, and accept that PTFC were one of the 25 who voted No.

It would be commercial suicide for PTFC to make this latest public statement, and then be found later that the (No) vote that was carried to the meeting was then changed by DB when the vote was made in Hampden.

I just wish the club could be clear and unequivicol in their statements, and thus avoid such doubt, conjecture and possible financial damage to PTFC.

Hopefully lessons will/have been learned by those inside Firhill on how they communicate to their supporters and the scottish football public and media in general.

We could have been the Raith Rovers or Clyde in this whole sorry saga, and maximised our potential longterm gain in this (as in good media exposure for standing up for and leading the fight for right, and attracting new and lapsed fans through the turnstiles), instead we have been seen (or at least appeared to have been) the ones dragged kicking and screaming to side with the majority (of clubs and supporters) who have sought fair play and sporting intergity, and only at the end of it all have PTFC grudingly come out, almost like a huffy child with head bowed, in a hushed and almost embarrassed tone, that yes, we voted No.

The club will now see the colour of my money this coming season, and more of it than normal (or at least until such a time of a monumental cockup or betrayal of the club or its supporters), BUT my views and suspicion of DB have darkened further and it will take a long time or sizeable actions/words from DB to soften my views on him and his motives (for PTFC and Firhill first and foremost, and Scottish Football in general).

Thats a better statement, and does seem to confirm we voted no, but ..... as Norman and Fred make valid points:

These message boards really need a "tongue very firmly in cheek" smiley.

The key part of the statement as far as I am concerned is "voted unanimously against the prospect of Sevco being granted immediate access to SFL 1".

Unless our representative had a hidden agenda and contradicted the board's decision or was so incompetent that they accidentally voted the wrong way, I can't see how we could have voted Yes.

Perhaps we're giving those clubs who voted Yes the opportunity to confess rather than identify them ourselves either directly or by the process of elimination.

Edited by Norman

I think/hope it is just down to slightly poor writing skills/thought on the part of Maxi ..... we seem to have a propensity to write flowerly statements that can be open to misinterpretation ..... surely it would have been easier (and more grammatically correct) to have said "the board met a week last Friday and voted unanimously against the prospect of Sevco being granted immediate access to SFL 1 and that No Vote is the vote which was cast at the SFL meeting yesterday."

However, i am just being picky, and am happy to take Maxi's statement at facevalue, and accept that PTFC were one of the 25 who voted No.

It would be commercial suicide for PTFC to make this latest public statement, and then be found later that the (No) vote that was carried to the meeting was then changed by DB

...my views and suspicion of DB have darkened further and it will take a long time or sizeable actions/words from DB to soften my views on him and his motives (for PTFC and Firhill first and foremost, and Scottish Football in general).

The last part here 100% for me.

This is a guy who has continually through the Propco deal stated at Meet the Board nights he doesn't have anything to hide, is being open with the support & has PTFC at heart.

If this is case why are we still getting these ambiguous statements released by the club?

Couple of questions with anyone who has connections within the club

Where is DB now?

Does IM know how he voted in the meeting?

I agree with those above about it being commercial suicide & taking it at face value but I would like to hear it from 'open & honest' Dave. He should be shouting a denial from roof tops like Brechin have especially with it being printed in a national newspaper.

How about it Mr Beattie? Put the conspiracy theories to bed.

It's not down to poor writing skills. The statement was a repeat of the club's earlier release that it is opposed to 'Rangers' in the SFL 1 without conditions attached which, I'd imagine, will be league and financial reconstruction of some kind.

The statement yesterday is actually a very good example of bureaucratese - it says just about nothing in a manner that will satisfy people because they'll interpret it in ways they want.

The club said 'no'. I think the SPL/SFA promise of jam tomorrow was far too vague for the faceless ones on the board.

Edited by McKennan

I agree with those above about it being commercial suicide & taking it at face value but I would like to hear it from 'open & honest' Dave. He should be shouting a denial from roof tops like Brechin have especially with it being printed in a national newspaper.

How about it Mr Beattie? Put the conspiracy theories to bed.

and an public apology from The Record, who lets face it have got about 99% of things wrong since Day 1 of this story. The very fact that SFL supporters are considering boycotts of grounds that voted YES to NEWCO in Div 1, should be forcing Beatties hand here and demanding an apology in the paper .......or are we all missing something??

Edited by Lindau

Does anyone remember the old Scottish guy that was representing another country (think it may have been New Zealand?) that attended a major voting session (either IOC or World Cup) with the instruction to vote one way, but decided off his own back to vote another? Even though it was against his countries stated wishes.

It was about 10 years ago.

He said that he felt he had to vote another way based upon what was said at the meeting...

Just saying... :hypocrite:

On Friday night Ian Maxwell hadn't heard from Beattie it seems. Beattie left the vote and went back to Spain on holiday without informing the club of how he voted.

The statement tells us that the board came to a decision to vote "No". It tells us that Beattie entered the meeting with that knowledge. It doesn't tell us how Mr Beattie voted. In fact we are no further forward. Why can't the club issue a simple statement?

Ian Maxwell is just rehashing old info. He doesn't actually say how the club voted.

Not good enough.