Daily Record: Any Retraction Yet?

potty trained

I'm assuming the Sunday Mail would not have dealt with it.

So, when it appears in print, or online. Can Someone confirm that they have retracted their grossly inaccurate statement that we voted Yes to newco in the first.

I mean, maxi has told us that the board sent David Beattie off with a No vote in his hand to take to the meeting. That much we know is true...

Whilst forgetting Mr Beattie was a PR machine for SPL2 a few weeks ago. There's no way he'd go against the fans and every other board members wishes, right? I mean to do that would leave him in a position of having to resign his post at the club!

So he must have been in contact with the Record. To leave it inaccurate for all to view online could have major repercussions for us financially.

I was one of the group that was baying for a NO vote and considering cancelling my ST - but I think we should let this go now.

True the board have handled the PR badly (to say the least) but we've finally had a statement that we were for the NO vote and that should be enough unless clear and indisputable evidence comes out that Beattie voted against instructions. Even if that did happen our spleens should be vented (sounds disgusting) against him and not the club.

I'm assuming the Sunday Mail would not have dealt with it.

So, when it appears in print, or online. Can Someone confirm that they have retracted their grossly inaccurate statement that we voted Yes to newco in the first.

I mean, maxi has told us that the board sent David Beattie off with a No vote in his hand to take to the meeting. That much we know is true...

Whilst forgetting Mr Beattie was a PR machine for SPL2 a few weeks ago. There's no way he'd go against the fans and every other board members wishes, right? I mean to do that would leave him in a position of having to resign his post at the club!

So he must have been in contact with the Record. To leave it inaccurate for all to view online could have major repercussions for us financially.

We said no. Move on. No need for yet another pointless thread. Or if you are to start a thread on a topic then why make it about something else entirely? Yes you ask about the Daily Record publishing an apology then go on to suggest we didn't say no and Beatie did what he wanted.

We said no and the Daily Record will probably eventually apologise.

We said no. Can we all just move on and look forward to another frustrating yet great season following the jags?

Someone compared it to the Aamer Anwar error a few weeks back and that's a pretty good precedent. The club were quick to get a correction and apology on that occasion, which I think made us all happy, and I'm sure they'll be just as keen to correct the record (boom-tish!) this time. Good on them!

Was it not really down to the fans contacting the paper involved that got the apology from Mr Anwar? If I phone the number in the other thread about this, point the Record in the direction of the statement on the website and they print a retraction will that shut up those people still going on about this?

Was it not really down to the fans contacting the paper involved that got the apology from Mr Anwar? If I phone the number in the other thread about this, point the Record in the direction of the statement on the website and they print a retraction will that shut up those people still going on about this?

lMJ, Martin, all maxi's item says is how the board told David Beattie to vote. It doesn't say we voted no.

If the Record retract their statement based on that news item alone, I'd be very surprised.

Considering this is the same David Beattie who when asked by STV how he voted, replied "no comment".

I'd have thought this had more potential to be reputationally damaging this season than some old cobblers about Mark Walters, but if people are relaxed about it, that's cool.

Do whatever brings you serenity, FT, and if that's shutting people up, go for it.

"shut up" was a poor choice of words, what I meant was if a retraction was published would there still be people saying that Beattie actually voted yes. It appears to me that the club have handled the PR side of this poorly and as a result some people will now simply refuse to believe anything that is said.

lMJ, Martin, all maxi's item says is how the board told David Beattie to vote. It doesn't say we voted no.

If the Record retract their statement based on that news item alone, I'd be very surprised.

and they print a retraction will that shut up those people still going on about this?

Probably not, they wanted a "NO" from the club, they got that, now they want a retraction from the Daily Record, god knows what they will want next? An apology from Sid for wearing the wrong training bottoms at Catterick?

Considering this is the same David Beattie who when asked by STV how he voted, replied "no comment".

I'd have thought this had more potential to be reputationally damaging this season than some old cobblers about Mark Walters, but if people are relaxed about it, that's cool.

Do whatever brings you serenity, FT, and if that's shutting people up, go for it.

Can you just accept we said no. I know it is not as bad as saying yes but we said no. I know "NO" doesn't give much on here to talk about, but it was a no accept that and move on.

I tell you what if it comes out that we infact said yes I will start a brand new thread and say sorry for being so gullible?

DU nobody is trying to shut you up but we said no what more do you want?

We said no - now to look forward for the friendlies and a brand new season! :)

Can you just accept we said no. I know it is not as bad as saying yes but we said no. I know "NO" doesn't give much on here to talk about, but it was a no accept that and move on.

I tell you what if it comes out that we infact said yes I will start a brand new thread and say sorry for being so gullible?

We said no - now to look forward for the friendlies and a brand new season! :)

LMJ... You seem certain we said NO, am I picking that up correctly?

Why would you think it could come out that Beattie said yes?

Surely not, because a national newspaper still has us online as saying yes, or that David Beattie refused to tell STV how he voted, or even because all maxi can tell us is what DB was instructed to do, he can't actually tell us how he voted?

Is that where your doubts coming from?

LMJ... You seem certain we said NO, am I picking that up correctly?

Why would you think it could come out that Beattie said yes?

Surely not, because a national newspaper still has us online as saying yes, or that David Beattie refused to tell STV how he voted, or even because all maxi can tell us is what DB was instructed to do, he can't actually tell us how he voted?

Is that where your doubts coming from?

I have no doubts. I trust my club have done the right thing and have no doubts. If you can't move on that is your problem.

We said No simple as that, but as I said that makes life a little less interesting so its much more fun to play games and spread fear that we infact said yes.

Just move on, take it as it is. we said no.

I thought I'd said what I hoped and expected from the club. But it's their income and their problem and I'll happily leave it in their hands. I reserve the right to draw my own conclusions from how eagerly they pursue this, but probably not here.

I received an e-mail from david on thursday in reply to an e-mail i had sent on wednesday relating to the proposals that had appeared in full on the stv site. In it he stated that there was nothing in the current proposals that would change the previously agreed no to sfl 1 position of the club.

He mentioned the fact that he was well aware of the number of people with holding season tickets and threatening not to return if we voted yes. He said their views were being heard loud and clear.

Now i know this was a standard e-mail reply as i know of at least one other person who got it. Again the reply was several hours after the club had the proposals to be voted on.

If after sending out e-mails such as that and going to the meeting with a unanimous no mandate from the board he voted yes and then gave the quote to the record that he did his position would be completely untenable. In fact just voting yes would do that. The quote would damage his reputation further.

Why also given all of the above would after a meeting the discussions of which were clearly leaning to a no vote would you vote against your instructions, especially when your first home game was against celtic when you are hoping their fans come for 2 days to firhill. Why risk an immediate boycott of yoour main home pre season game under those circumstances.

As an aside queens park (who had a representative quoted in the papers being a yes when the sfl might have voted and qp had one of the board places) montrose dundee and falkirk have yet to say anything at all on their websites. Why is it so inconcievable that 3 of these clubs aren't the other yes votes.

It was a secret ballot, so you can argue he showed more integrity than many of the club chairmen shooting their mouths off.

And has anyone considered that depending on the way the ballot was worded that Clyde might not have been considered for a response to sevco in div 1, seeing as they didn't want them in the SFL, meaning only 4 clubs voted the 'wrong' way? Or did 30 clubs vote on the 2 issues separately?

I was one of the group that was baying for a NO vote and considering cancelling my ST - but I think we should let this go now.

True the board have handled the PR badly (to say the least) but we've finally had a statement that we were for the NO vote and that should be enough unless clear and indisputable evidence comes out that Beattie voted against instructions. Even if that did happen our spleens should be vented (sounds disgusting) against him and not the club.

My thoughts exactly. It's time to move onwards and upwards.

The point about a retraction that has been missed on this thread, but I think was mentioned elsewhere, is that most Thistle fans do not come on to internet forums or websites and won't have seen the latest statement. They are likely to be getting their information for the newspapers and, as things stand, will believe we voted "Yes" on the back of the story run by the paper.