The Olympics

stillresigned

I do not spell "Takeshima" (the Hepburn system). I use the Nipponsiki system (Takesima).

The Dokdo/Takesima question is quite complicated. This question provokes the nationalist sentiment of the Koreans (regardless what state they belong to) because it was incorporated to Japan in 1905, the year of the important step of the colonialisation of Korea by Japanese imperialism.

The Japanese government insists that the incorporation of Takesima/Dokdo has nothing to do with the colonialisation of Korea. It is true that there is no evidence that it had anything to do with the colonialisation of Korea. Rather, the Japanese government needed a military outpost against Russia.

However this question will not be solved in the normal way. I think that we need a new approach. My suggestion is to create the Autonomous State of Tusima, like the Principat d'Andorra. The Autonomous State of Tusima will have 3 heads -- 1 from Japan, 1 from the ROK, 1 from the DPRK. Instead of that, Korea will abandon Takesima/Dokdo. This is the best solution in my opinion.

And the same applies to Mannin (Isle of Man). Mannin should become the Autonomous State of Mannin, whose heads are the British Queen and Irish President.

And what about the people who live there? Does their view count?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about the people who live there? Does their view count?

I am not familiar with that. I have heard that no one in Mannin wants to become part of the UK, but that person's opinion is obviously biased since she is a member of the Celtic League.

Personally I am interested in the sports in Mannin. If they had a national football team, do they beat Føroyar and Andorra?

I am not familiar with that. I have heard that no one in Mannin wants to become part of the UK, but that person's opinion is obviously biased since she is a member of the Celtic League.

Personally I am interested in the sports in Mannin. If they had a national football team, do they beat Føroyar and Andorra?

The Isle of Man is already pretty much an autonomous state, as are the Channel Islands.

The Isle of Man is already pretty much an autonomous state, as are the Channel Islands.

On this point I have changed my opinion.

There are 3 Crown Dependencies. Mannin should become one of the four countries of the United Republic of Britain and Mannin. Other 2 (Bailiwick of Jersey / Bailiwick of Guernsey) should become dependent states which have 2 heads of state (1 from the United Republic, 1 from France), modelled from Principat d'Andorra.