The Olympics

stillresigned

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the television coverage but the radio coverage is disgustingly partisan, it's making me sick. There's not even an attempt to cover any event fairly; for example when whomever it was won a bronze medal in a swimming event (you can see I'm paying attention), the commentators actually said, "who cares who's winning, it's all about such and such..." So much for actually supporting sporting excellence. I'm actually laughing when GB do badly because the commentators sound like they are sucking lemons.

I wish there was some form of Olympics-free zone to be left in peace in.

I don't know about the television coverage but the radio coverage is disgustingly partisan, it's making me sick. There's not even an attempt to cover any event fairly; for example when whomever it was won a bronze medal in a swimming event (you can see I'm paying attention), the commentators actually said, "who cares who's winning, it's all about such and such..." So much for actually supporting sporting excellence. I'm actually laughing when GB do badly because the commentators sound like they are sucking lemons.

I wish there was some form of Olympics-free zone to be left in peace in.

So far I have found my Olympics TV coverage boycott to be a complete skoosh. Instead of watching the Gary Lineker et al spouting their jinogoistic pish, simply turn over and watch something else - anything else! It is impossible to ignore the Olympics altogether, but determined Lineker avoidance has kept my blood pressure and sanity very much in check.

Tomorrow will be the real test though: Olympic TV coverage ... or River City.

I'm really enjoying the Olympics. I don't particularly care if the BBC commentators are overly biased to be honest. So what if they're going mental about a third placed Briton when there's some Chinese person we've never heard of winning by miles. Today the men's gymnastics and women's water polo were fantastic. The British gymnasts were clearly spurred on by the crowd and performed to a level they seemed to be surprised by themselves. And in the water polo, after the men were humiliated yesterday the women put up a good fight and only lost because of one silly error in the final period. It's easy enough to ignore a commentator if they're talking pish. It's almost as if commentators feel some need to earn their money by finding things to say when it's better for them to let you just watch in peace at times. With the water polo for example it's like they're teaching the rules to five year olds, but never mind, I can make my own mind up about the performance.

I'm really happy because the DPRK won a Gold medal (Women's Judo -52kg).

Japan's most expected athlete was Kitazima (Kitajima), who won 2 gold medals (Breaststroke 100m and 200m) in 2004 and 2008.HH

However he finished 5th in 100m, by 1.33 seconds from the top.

While I have nothing against the swimmers of breaststroke, butterfly, and backstroke, I co not understand why these types of swimming are necessary.

If I were the chair of the International Swimming Federation I would abolish these types, leaving only freestyle.Fre

Freestyle 25m, 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 2000m are enough, I think.

Women's Football

Japan 0-0 South Africa

It was very clear that Japan's target was a scoreless draw, because a 2nd finish would be better than a 1st finish, because a 1st finish meant a stronger opponents in the quarter-final.

Now it is likely that Japan will face "Team GB".

The DPRK Women's Football team failed to qualify for the quarter-finals.

DPRK 2-0 Colombia

DPRK 0-5 France

DPRK 0-1 USA

Draw in the USA game was enough for last 8. However this is the result.

The DPRK cannot join the 2015 World Cup because of the problem of doping. I hope to see the DPRK's World Cup champions in 2019.

The Olympics Women's Football

Japan 2-0 Brazil (Millenium Stadium, Cardiff)

The game was dominated by Brazil, however Japan's defense line were strong and never lost concentration. Japan scored 2 goals from small number of chances.

Japan faces France in the semi-final at Wembley. France are the most difficult opponents for Japan, and Japan lost to France (0-2) in the pre-Olympics game.

Men's Football

Japan 3-0 Egypt (Old Trafford)

Japan's Nagai (interested in by West Brom) scored the 1st goal, however left pitch for injury after the goal. The seriousness of his injury is the key for Japan's semi-final.

And Japan's DF Tokunaga received an unnecessary card. If he received another card in the semi-final, he cannot play in the final or 3rd place playoff.

I cannot understand why Old Trafford was chosen instead of Manchester City Stadium. Manchester City Stadium is more convenient for travellers.

Edited by sigesige00

Women's Football

Semi-Final

Japan 2-1 France (Wembley)

France obviously dominated the game, but conceded 2 goals from free-kicks.

Japan could make very small number of chances in the 2nd half after the early 2nd goal in the 2nd half.

France missed the PK to equalise.

The player of the match is Japan's goal-keeper.

Women's Football

Semi-Final

USA 4-3 (aet) Canada (Old Trafford)

When the normal time finished, the game was 3-3. USA scored the winner in the 121 mins.

However, very unlucky game for Canada. An unnecessary PK was awarded for USA. Without that PK, Canada would have won 3-2.

Men's Football

What I cannot understand is the choice of attacking players by Japan's coach.

Japan's coach chose Nagai (Nagoya). He showed his incredible speed and stamina. It is natural that several English Premier League clubs, including West Brom, are interested in him.

However, he chose Usami (Hoffenheim) instead of Oosako (Kashima).

Oosako's playing style resembles that of Nagai, and he was good as backup or partner of Nagai.

Japan's playing style is aggressive pressing from FWs.

However, Usami's playing style does not fit the playing style which Japan's coach has chosen.

Usami is a talented player. He was loaned to Bayern München last season; but he could not get a regular position. Then he has moved to Hoffenheim.

Usami has technique, and ability to make chance, and score goal. But he does not have superb speed and stamina, and he is not good at defense. His playing style is quite close to that of Nakamura who was playing for Celtic.

I think that Usami should have joined the pre-season camp of Hoffenheim.