Not Proud Of This.

Morfin

Pretty much all my life I could name the 71 cup winning team (I was 8 when we won it) but today I was in some random thread and couldnt remember if Bobby or Dennis wore 7 or 11. Which one wore which? Cheers for the responses, I feel really old about now.

This.

Do not beat yourself up about it, though.

You're right, and to be fair, they were totally interchangable in most games. Lawrie always lined up on the left and Dennis on the other side, but that would often be reversed more than once during a game. Giving Dennis a position and expecting him to stick to it was, as they say, like trying to nail jelly to the wall; he was a marauder and just did what he did. Bobby was every bit as effective on the right as he was on the other side of the park.

.....I was 11 and............my big disapointment was worse!

I was 5 minutes into the game hunting for the rid n yila hoops

b4 I was told we were the team in the all yila!!!

man was I dissafugginpointit!!! :frantic:

:happy3:

why were you looking for hoops? I think we stopped wearing them when we got relegated in 69

What I loved about him as a player was that he could bamboozle defenders with some good close ball control, but when there was space in front of him he used to belt the ball far ahead and then chase after it like a greyhound after a rabbit.

He seemed to thoroughly enjoy the Jags night at Hampden last year.

Thanks and when I saw the hopops reference I tried to remember what we wore in our promotion season and went to the official history book which I own and realised I have the info on numbers in the cup final within that very publication. Old age is such fun (drink and drugs probably contributed).