Justin From Hamilton

Dug1e

3 points and 4 goals is a nice piece of revenge.

worst ref I have seen in a long time.

Hamilton are probably the worst team I have seen as well.

Thought we were scrappy for most of the game but I will take that

if it meants points in the bag.

edit to add I don't know any justin from hamilton

Edited by Dug1e

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A funny old game, couldn't make my mind up if we were brilliant or Accies were just crap. Up until, about ten minutes before Thistle thought it was a relatively even game but once we scored apart from a brief Accies flurry, there was only ever going to be one winner,

We really controlled the second half and were superioior in all areas of the pitch. What particularlly impressed me was the desire to kill Accies off..

Who's Justin? :P

Good wee game. Team stuck at it and got their reward.

Doolaninho seemed to have a thigh strain but a great debit from Craig who I thought linked very well for his first game.

I hope Fox and Archibald recover from their knocks as well.

Anyway a good day and no failures. I would have Welsh as my MotM.

• Members

Noticed Doolan clutching his thigh just after chasing the ball down to the keeper. Played on another five minutes before signalling to the bench he was finished. As I say, played on with it for four or five minutes, so probably caught it before it got serious. Didn't see what happened to Archie.

I thought we were slightly fortunate to be 1-0 up at half time, but in a reverse of Tuesday we were awesome in the second half after a scrappy first half. Totally dominated the match from half time and deserved to win how we did. We got lucky with the final goal, but were out of sight by then. Hope Archie, Fox and Doolan recover from their knocks, though there is eight days until the next match.

I think the referee was OK. He had a few howlers, but he was fairly consistent in what he gave and wasn't too quick to get his book out.

I'm loving watching this team, I'd say we were not at our most fluid today but still won comfortably...magic. Paton was awesome again, was a master stroke to move him into midfield.

The referee was shocking IMO, some of the tackles the Hamilton players were getting away with were terrible...particularly from numbers 6 and 10.

Anyway, top of the league goin into the break :D

I've yet to see McLean have a good game as referee. He was the one who sent off Balatoni and Paton v Berwick last year and Douglas v us at Dens Park (although I wasn't too enraged at that decision right enough). It's baffling how he let so many Hamilton fouls go today when last season he was card happy.

Muirhead was excellent today I thought and I'd probably have gave him MOTM but Paton, Welsh and O'Donnell were all good too. I like how this team can win comfortably without having many, if any, players who you thought were head and shoulders above the rest of the team and likewise far worse than the rest of the team. Craig up front was a handful and after being unsure about what he would add to the team I'm glad that he offers something different as we will now be able to change it if Doolan up front on his own isn't working.

Atmosphere in the North Stand was great as per usual. It went completely flat understandbly after half time when Steven H's mate had to get the paramedics into the stand but was back to normal by the time of the 2nd goal. The abuse Stevie May got today was sensational. :lol: Completely merited too after his shocker of a challenge on Fox.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

thought craig did well today when he came on not the quickest but certainly gives us another option up front doolan and craig up front ? but who do you leave out

McGuigan would appear to be the main "victim" of the Craig signing. The manager's preferred formation has only one striker with Erskine and Lawless playing behind him. To play Craig with Doolan from the start, one of them would have to be dropped. At the moment, that is unlikely.

McGuigan would appear to be the main "victim" of the Craig signing. The manager's preferred formation has only one striker with Erskine and Lawless playing behind him. To play Craig with Doolan from the start, one of them would have to be dropped. At the moment, that is unlikely.

Yes, looks that way , A shame really for the young lad .Hope he keeps his head up and grabs his chance when it comes along.Desperate to see another sensational scoring celebration from him.

Yes, looks that way , A shame really for the young lad .Hope he keeps his head up and grabs his chance when it comes along.Desperate to see another sensational scoring celebration from him.

McGuigan could benefit from being sent out on "emergency" loan to get some game time. Doolan seems to have benefited from his time at Broadwood. Paddy Boyle improved after his loan too.

Get Guigsy to the third so he can bang in a few against the currants :P

That possibility had crossed my mind too! :happy2:

I was wondering how many SPL and SFL1 teams would be tempted to loan players to SFL3 sides to strengthen the *uns opposition. There is always the emergency loan option. SOS = Support Opposition to Sevco!

cracking result today, came away thinking we didnt play as well as we did against dunfermline yet still won 4-0, that probably shows how bad hamilton were. i thought Stevie May looked not bad to start with and thought he would cause us a few problems but he was anonymous in the 2nd half. lawless and erskine had poor first halfs, lawless' first touch was poor but credit to him and erskine they kept plodding on and erskine set up lawless' goal so can't complain. I thought when Dools went off we would struggle to score at all, well done to Craig getting 2 goals on his debut, alot of players at 3-0 wouldn't have bothered chasing the keeper down , hopefully he can get a few more. Paton and Muirhead were immense, Paton gets my vote for MOTM. Balatoni done well when he came on, won his fair share of headers.good few early saves from fox but he wasn't troubled at all in the 2nd half until the sh1te Andy Carroll halfed him! If we can win like that and not play our best then this season could be our year.how the hell did we lose to that mob on tuesday?

Edited by jags on tour

News on Doolan and Archie from the manager - http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2012-2013/fixtures_results/0109_hamilton_academical/match_reaction

“It’s nothing too serious with either of them. Kris’ injury is probably the one that is giving us the most concern and hopefully it is just a strain of his thigh rather than a tare and something more sinister. He actually did it in the very first minute when he went through and the guy pulled him down and he struggled after that. Archie just got a bang. It isn’t his knee which is good, just his hip. He got a bang on it in the first half and it started to stiffen up. At half-time we decided to see how he would go in the second half.”

Like the way the team generally this season seems to stick with the game plan to keep moving the ball about to create space and not panic. Good to see Welsh back as one of the best again today, and as mentioned Muirhead also stood out. Think the windy conditions affected ball control a bit at times, and both teams probably a bit jaded from midweek. Keep it up thistle.

Edited by jag71

Not at our best but we improved as the game went on and our fitness levels were superb.

Paton was awesome. Muirhead strolled the game. Welsh I thought was struggling till he scored then it seemed to just fill him with confidence. Shug a bit slow in passing the ball at times but stuck in. O'Donnell and Bannigan just don't stop. Fox had 3 superb saves in first half. Erskine tried his heart out but not his day. Biggest compliment I can pay Craig is Dools wasn't missed. Balatoni didn't put a foot wrong and Elliott never stopped chasing lost causes.

Glad the lad who took ill is OK. Was worried for a while.

Great singing from "SHED BOYS" Great gring from "SHED GIRLS" (just to please LMJ).

Player zone jumping after match. Lots of very happy faces. Got some great pics of Dylan with Foxy and Shuggy.

Beer time and enjoy the night.

MON THE JAGS

Not at our best but we improved as the game went on and our fitness levels were superb.

Paton was awesome. Muirhead strolled the game. Welsh I thought was struggling till he scored then it seemed to just fill him with confidence. Shug a bit slow in passing the ball at times but stuck in. O'Donnell and Bannigan just don't stop. Fox had 3 superb saves in first half. Erskine tried his heart out but not his day. Biggest compliment I can pay Craig is Dools wasn't missed. Balatoni didn't put a foot wrong and Elliott never stopped chasing lost causes.

Glad the lad who took ill is OK. Was worried for a while.

Great singing from "SHED BOYS" Great gring from "SHED GIRLS" (just to please LMJ).

Player zone jumping after match. Lots of very happy faces. Got some great pics of Dylan with Foxy and Shuggy.

Beer time and enjoy the night.

MON THE JAGS

Thanks! But you just broke my heart - if I had known Fox was in the players zone I would have been there! :)