Just In - Raith Rovers

Lanarkjag

Great result, and a cup semi to look forward to :)

First half we were very casual - I won't say we were poor, just not looking very interested. An awful lot of slack passess going about. The one positive was that Rovers didn't threaten our goal at all until a corner close to half time where Fox was forced into a save. Without really impressing we were still the better side.

Second half Rovers should have taken the lead when they had a man over at the back post - they looked the better side early on. Cue Craig setting up Erskine who did superbly to collect the ball and score. They reversed it for the second, Craigs sclaffed shot trundling over the line, and the third goal - so much credit has to go to Paul Paton who won the ball with a great tackle, picked himself up and pinged a stunning pass for Erskine. The finish wasn't half bad either.

From there we controlled things and played some super football. I don't think Rovers really had any clear chances after that.

Fox - One very good stop in the first, and a second for the cameras in the second (it was going over)

O'Donnel - Shakey start in the first few minutes. Came onto a game though and did well down the right, getting forward a lot.

Bannigan - Very good performance again, although did get caught out a couple of times. Looking like he is going to be a super player

Muirhead and Archie - Super partnership forming at the back, Archie was immense today. Muirhead looks a real find

Shug - Will not be his best performance in a Jags shirt. Gave the ball away a number of times and played one or two dangerous passes. Still looks a class act though.

Paton - Brilliant game, never stopped running and fighting for the ball. Some of his long passing was sublime, especially for Erskines 3rd

Welsh - Good solid performance. Tidy on the ball and dangerous going forward. Had a couple of decent efforts at goal in the first half.

Lawless - Was busy and worked his socks off. Probably wasn't in the game as much as he would have wanted, but his movement off the ball and his work rate is second to none. Very dangerous with the ball at his feet.

Erskine - Almost everything he tried in the first half didn't come off - folk were getting on his back again. Up he pops with two (superb) goals and an assist in the second. Lets give the guy our support - he is one of our most important players

Craig - took his goal well and set up Erskine superbly. Despite that he didn't really have much of an impact on the rest of the game.

Subs did well when they came on. Sinclair looks like he needs some match practice, but still looked decent. Elliot worked hard and Balatoni did well at the back, although his distribution at times wasn't great.

This team still has a long way to go to reach its best. It is a Thistle side that for the first time in years is heading in the right direction and playing some very entertaining football. Despite myself I am beginning to believe :D

I`m proud of this team for what they are giving for our club and I would like to include Jackie,Sid and every one of the backroom staff (even Maxy) in this. They have made Firhill a brilliant place to go to, and for that lads and lassies THANK YOU ! I dont know where this journey will take us but I for one am loving every minute of it.

A wee mention about the programme today.

The obituary for George Gallacher I thought was excellent. It was a friend of mine who wrote the piece and today was the first time I had read it. A great effort by Stuart to put his thoughts about George down on paper, and also a great effort by Tom Hosie to facilitate the whole thing and give such generous space in today's programme.

Also many thanks to Jim Alexander for bringing one across to the north stand for me. Stuart couldn't make the game today and I had promised to get him a programme but didn't see any sellers when entering the ground. I know it will mean a lot to Stuart when he sees his article "in the flesh" as it were.

Seems to sum up a lot about what's going on at Firhill just now.

The players going the extra mile for each other on the pitch, fans and staff going the extra mile for each other off the pitch.

That's six goals Erskine has scored this season so far. I might be mistaken but I believe five of the goals he's scored have been with his right foot. Not so long ago scoring with his weaker foot was greeted with near astonishment.

No doubt Sid and Chris have been working hard on that weakness to great effect.

Spot on Ian, the piece in the programme is a great read and fitting obit.

As you say, cheers to Jim and Tom for seeing the idea through and making sure Stuart gets a copy.

Special wee mention to Michael Max too for playing some Poets tracks last week, as it was too late to get the article in the programme last week.

The tunes and programme tributes are the small things that mean so much and show that club and fans can work together, and show how the fans are Partick Thistle.

Delighted with the victory today.

I was at the game this afternoon, then re-watched it on tonight’s coverage on BBC Alba. In the first half there was not much between the teams, however I do feel we were the better side. In the second half we were much better. Three well crafted goals, and we moved the ball around much better. Erskine really came onto a game in the second half, as did O’Donnell (his first touch was a bit iffy at times). Even Elliot when he came on was chasing everything down and held the ball up well.

All in all I’m delighted with how we played. I only wish more Jags fans would have turned up to witness it. A crowd of less than 2000 after playing so well is a tad disappointing.

C’mon the Jags!

Delighted with the victory today.

I was at the game this afternoon, then re-watched it on tonight’s coverage on BBC Alba. In the first half there was not much between the teams, however I do feel we were the better side. In the second half we were much better. Three well crafted goals, and we moved the ball around much better. Erskine really came onto a game in the second half, as did O’Donnell (his first touch was a bit iffy at times). Even Elliot when he came on was chasing everything down and held the ball up well.

All in all I’m delighted with how we played. I only wish more Jags fans would have turned up to witness it. A crowd of less than 2000 after playing so well is a tad disappointing.

C’mon the Jags!

Re the attendance. It was a dissapointment, but with it being on Alba and sandwiched in on an international weekend, I suppose we are not surprised. Positives -- Jags keep rolling on!! :thumbsup2: