20 Years Ago Today

jagfox

What a game!

i was 16 years old and at a time where i was going on my own to games, travelling from Newton Mearns to Maryhill every week.

I had been dropped off about 5 minutes walk from the gtound and didn't have a clue where i was going having never been in the area before. I just followed the red n yella up to the ground with nervous excitement.

The atmosphere was incredible topped off with the Thistle team coming over to the crowd at full time to celebrate. as they walked back to the dressing room Geordie Shaw turned back to the crowd and threw his top in to the fans.... One Banana probably has it!

Pretty sure this was Davie Irons first game at centre half. A move that would see him win Player of The Year for Thistle.

What a game!

i was 16 years old and at a time where i was going on my own to games, travelling from Newton Mearns to Maryhill every week.

I had been dropped off about 5 minutes walk from the gtound and didn't have a clue where i was going having never been in the area before. I just followed the red n yella up to the ground with nervous excitement.

The atmosphere was incredible topped off with the Thistle team coming over to the crowd at full time to celebrate. as they walked back to the dressing room Geordie Shaw turned back to the crowd and threw his top in to the fans.... One Banana probably has it!

Pretty sure this was Davie Irons first game at centre half. A move that would see him win Player of The Year for Thistle.

Anyone on here got it? Cause if you do you knocked my 8 year old ass to the ground as you jumped to get it you swine, it was coming right for me :sad1:

GO OAN WEE GEORDIE YA FECKIN BEAUTY!!!!!!!

One of my fav Thistle moments when Geordie's winner hit the back of the net.

Can still pick myself out in the crowd jumping up at the goal.First goal was a peach too always loved that shimmy Kinaird used to do to turn his man .Payton punched the Celtic goal in with his hand as well.

Twenty years, jeez oh, still can see myself on the long drunken stagger home about one in the morning still with ma scarf on and singing to the heavens about Geordie Shaw.

Feckin loved that game. We came home from Tenerife that morning and virtually went straight to Parkhead from the airport. My abiding memory is of the Jags support going absolutely mental when wee Geordie scored the second, so much so that I was hit with a forearm smash from a guy next to me raising his arms in celebrtation busting my nose in the process. Did I care? Did I feck!!

WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE CELTIC NET?

Wisnae allowed to go to games against the ugly sisters unless my dad took me. He was working but me and a mate decided to go on the train fae drumchapel without him knowing. 14 years old wi the exact money in my pocket for the train and getting in. Train heaving wi tims giving me and my mate pelters, no clicky came but they were mob handed at belgrove. Tims trying every trick in the book to avoid payment, we bought a return and didn't realise til later that the clickies took the return tickets and left us wi the drumchapel to belgrove wans.

The game was immense, I just missed catching Geordie Shaws top (was too wee :lol: ) then party time. Drumchapel bus let us on for nothing, seen ma uncle and we did a wee jig. Then the big tube telt ma da that he'd seen me. In trouble much but didny give a shit...even ended up drunk that night, and seen a couple of tims that had been giving it large on the train.

Still my best day ever following the Jags.