A New, More Professional Thistle!

ptfc 1971 4-1

I've watched thistle for years now and have been frustrated at the lack of consistency in the team, but i can't believe the turn around!

Today for example, now years ago we would have conceded defeat and gone home with our heads down, and although i think today's last quarter on the game was poor we showed great professionalism to get that last minute equaliser.

Also at the weekend against Cowdenbeith, when all roads were heading for a draw (or even a loss) we managed to pick ourselves off and grab the winner, no matter how scrappy.

I just wonder what other jags fans think is the reason for this sudden pick up in grit and determination.

I was thinking in the second half the Thistle of last season were back again but we kept at it instead of accepting defeat. we didn't resort to the long aimless ball in hope, we continued passing the ball about and playing fitba' the proper way, like we have been doing all season and it paid off! what is that tune we were singing at the end of the game, we've been singing it at a few games so far!

I was thinking in the second half the Thistle of last season were back again but we kept at it instead of accepting defeat. we didn't resort to the long aimless ball in hope, we continued passing the ball about and playing fitba' the proper way, like we have been doing all season and it paid off! what is that tune we were singing at the end of the game, we've been singing it at a few games so far!

some ajax tune i think, I love it! haha!

There was a time in the match Archie in particular resorted to punting it to no one but then we regained composure and had a proper go at them.

It's the tune the Dutch fans sing, Partick Thistle Total Football.

I've watched thistle for years now and have been frustrated at the lack of consistency in the team, but i can't believe the turn around!

Today for example, now years ago we would have conceded defeat and gone home with our heads down, and although i think today's last quarter on the game was poor we showed great professionalism to get that last minute equaliser.

Also at the weekend against Cowdenbeith, when all roads were heading for a draw (or even a loss) we managed to pick ourselves off and grab the winner, no matter how scrappy.

I just wonder what other jags fans think is the reason for this sudden pick up in grit and determination.

I think that has to be attributed to the management team; Jackie and Sid are old seasoned pros who have been used to winning things and will have been acutely aware of our previous shortcomings in the grit & determination category. It kinda shows too in the sort of signings we've made since the end of last season.