Team For Tomorrow

1 John Lambie

With the injuries the team pretty much picks itself, unless Archie comes in for Balatoni.

..............................Fox

O'Donnell.....Muirhead.....Balatoni.....Sinclair

..............Paton.....Murray.....Forbes

......Lawless...........Doolan..........Erskine

Subs:

Scully

Archibald

Rowson

Slane

Elliott

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Agree with the team.

While Archie and Rowson are class players they aren't exactly game changers, just reliable replacements, and with Elliots complete inablility to score against any level of opposition as well as Slane's so far inept contribution to any first team game then we need to hope our first eleven does the trick.

1 - 0 home win (fingers crossed)

I wonder if Lawless could play in midfield with Slane playing on the right of the front 3 with Murray dropping to the bench?

Otherwise, I'd go with 1JL's team.

No disrespect to the boy, but i wouldnt be starting Slane in this game, Grant.

I dont think he is or will be the player he was going to be, 2 leg breaks have seen to that.

Plenty of folk are commenting that they are now noticing the change in the team without Murray in it, after initially suggesting he should be dropped... and are now calling for his return. i would agree.

What i would say is.... Does Forbes not play on the right hand side? I'd keep him there,

With Paton sitting infront of Murray.... and have Erskine dropping deeper to cover the left hand side of midfield. This leaves Lawless playing off of Doolan when we are defending.

I think on last weeks run out, we can say that Rowson is nowhere near match fitness... even with tired legs on the park, he struggled to keep up with play, resorting to the Peter Pointer of old, on a few occasions. At one point he even pointed to the 6 yard line to show Fox where to take a goal kick! :happy2:

Edited by potty trained

No disrespect to the boy, but i wouldnt be starting Slane in this game, Grant.

I dont think he is or will be the player he was going to be, 2 leg breaks have seen to that.

Plenty of folk are commenting that they are now noticing the change in the team without Murray in it, after initially suggesting he should be dropped... and are now calling for his return. i would agree.

What i would say is.... Does Forbes not play on the right hand side? I'd keep him there,

With Paton sitting infront of Murray.... and have Erskine dropping deeper to cover the left hand side of midfield. This leaves Lawless playing off of Doolan when we are defending.

I think on last weeks run out, we can say that Rowson is nowhere near match fitness... even with tired legs on the park, he struggled to keep up with play, resorting to the Peter Pointer of old, on a few occasions. At one point he even pointed to the 6 yard line to show Fox where to take a goal kick! :happy2:

Was basing my comment on how Slane's performance had been described in the reserve game against QoS. Personally, I haven't seen anything remarkable in Slane's play other than he seems to get himself booked for kicking the ball away.

My only worry is the midfield with Murray (who I'm a big fan of) and Forbes might not be as mobile as it would be if we had either Bannigan or Welsh fit.

I wonder if Lawless could play in midfield with Slane playing on the right of the front 3 with Murray dropping to the bench?

Otherwise, I'd go with 1JL's team.

I think Jackie will have considered starting Slane tomorrow. They'll know our team inside out by now, but they don't know Slane. If he does come him I would expect Erskine to drop into the the Welsh role.

the team picks itself

the engine room of murray paton and forbes thats where the game will be won or lost

murray the experienced cruncher ma baw type of player

paton chases everything down and closes down opposition players

forbes the playmaker having watched him this season this lad has real talent always composed on the ball and can play the telling pass if he is on his game we will win this

of course not forgetting o'donnell who has been a revelation this season

and our ace in the pack chris erskine on his game he is unplayable i'm sure dumfy will have him marked very closely

so that leaves lawless and doolan (who i dont think is 100% match fit) to get the goals(s) :thumbsup2:

well thats my take on the game what do you guys say?

Jeffries is saying elsewhere that he's never set out a team to play for a draw, but his players are saying that a draw tomorrow would be a good result. JJ proposes to go all out to attack, and I think I'm OK with that.. With o' Donnell and Sinky we've got a bit of pace down the wings Forbes and Murray in th middle should be able to boss it skill and physically (respectively). Erskine, Lawless and Doolan up front gives a bit Of unpredictability and a focus. I'd love Welsh and Bannigan to be options but its not to be. They'll enjoy the next game up at EEP all the more, and the League winning 2nd last game of the season....