Firhill Bar Service Today

Jagali

Why oh why when we try to attract a big crows we just have 2 bar staff? Wait in the queue for over 20 mins, get right to the front and told the bar is closed despite them still serving the boy next to me! Not good at all. Terrible start to a good day out and won't be returning to the firhill bar again in a hurry!

• Like 1

So someone has a bad experience but they shouldn't complain about it just because it's a big game?!

Improving the match day experience is something that's been a big thing recently, so the more things like this are pointed out the better it will hopefully be.

Not saying that at all. I'm all for improving the match day experience; however given the unusual circumstances sometimes you have to cut people some slack . Waiting in a queue to get served hardly amounts to a bad experience. It was obvious it was going to be busy in there today; the bar staff were doing their best; they don't decide when the bar shuts.

Why oh why when we try to attract a big crows we just have 2 bar staff? Wait in the queue for over 20 mins, get right to the front and told the bar is closed despite them still serving the boy next to me! Not good at all. Terrible start to a good day out and won't be returning to the firhill bar again in a hurry!

S&G was bouncing as well and they tried to cram on as many staff as possible but long waites for pints etc. Maybe a taste of what's to come as the crowds go up and up. :thumbsup2:

Seriously though, we must be the hottest attraction in Scottish football just now; and I'll ignore the bus parking antics of the other ugly twin - even although it was quite a result and had wee Rod in tears! We're playing football as it should be played. All at Firhill - manager, coaching staff, players, office staff, ground staff and fans (new and old) should take a bow. Oh and Tommy Taylor, take a bow (I say that as he must have seen more dross than most over the years!).

In fact, I've never been happier... :happy3: :happy3: :happy3:

Lol. Ok then... forum moaning about the bar ten minutes before the biggest game and crowd in years... There's always something eh?

The poster is spot on for having a moan.

There were 3 barmaids and one of them was being trained up I think.

The main Lager on sale was not pouring well.

But regardless of all of the above.. I have a few questions ..

1. Why when it was predicted to be a big game with a huge crowd .. was the bar so poorly staffed ?

2. What is the problem with the pipework for the taps ? ... This is not the 1st time this has happened !

3. Why can the bar persons not pre pour a number of beers as the game ends or for that matter dedicate 1 person to do just that pre match ?

4. Who is in charge of this for Thistle ?

I for one had a table of 5 people leave early at 2.15 as the length of the queue dictated that trying to get another round in was futile.

Yes the club probably made a good few quid at the bar today .. but it could have been a lot more.

I am not an expert on bartending but I know how to make money as a business man and today was shambolic !

Lord Rosebury ... the game was a joy to watch !!

Edited by Jaggy1967

The poster is spot on for having a moan.

There were 3 barmaids and one of them was being trained up I think.

The main Lager on sale was not pouring well.

But regardless of all of the above.. I have a few questions ..

1. Why when it was predicted to be a big game with a huge crowd .. was the bar so poorly staffed ?

2. What is the problem with the pipework for the taps ? ... This is not the 1st time this has happened !

3. Why can the bar persons not pre pour a number of beers as the game ends or for that matter dedicate 1 person to do just that pre match ?

4. Who is in charge of this for Thistle ?

I for one had a table of 5 people leave early at 2.15 as the length of the queue dictated that trying to get another round in was futile.

Yes the club probably made a good few quid at the bar today .. but it could have been a lot more.

I am not an expert on bartending but I know how to make money as a business man and today was shambolic !

Lord Rosebury ... the game was a joy to watch !!

I think we get chucked out at 2.30 anyway don't we? Expecting to get served at a busy bar and then drink up given this time frame is probably pushing it.

Didn' t think it was a shambles; the bar arrangements were slow but orderly.

I agree- the game was a joy to watch.

I think we get chucked out at 2.30 anyway don't we? Expecting to get served at a busy bar and then drink up given this time frame is probably pushing it.

Didn' t think it was a shambles; the bar arrangements were slow but orderly.

I agree- the game was a joy to watch.

Slow was not what you want when you have a huge queue of people wanting to have a drink and make the club money.

It was that bad I wanted to get behind he bar and help the girls !

I do not mean to be critical of the girls serving as I feel they done the best they could.

I am critical of the organisation of the staffing levels and procedures that they follow !

Slow was not what you want when you have a huge queue of people wanting to have a drink and make the club money.

It was that bad I wanted to get behind he bar and help the girls !

I do not mean to be critical of the girls serving as I feel they done the best they could.

I am critical of the organisation of the staffing levels and procedures that they follow !

Aye maybe, but not a shambles. I was 10 -15 mins in the queue before I got served (spent 10 mins getting served in the Woodside after the game) But there again I arrived at the Aitken at 1.30. If you leave it to two and after- given that we get thrown out at 2.30 and it was such a big crowd, well then...

Aye maybe, but not a shambles. I was 10 -15 mins in the queue before I got served (spent 10 mins getting served in the Woodside after the game) But there again I arrived at the Aitken at 1.30. If you leave it to two and after- given that we get thrown out at 2.30 and it was such a big crowd, well then...

your missing the point big time !!

I know we all like a pint, but a bar that is only used once a fortnight max is unlikely to yield good draught beer.

Get rid of the draught, get a good selection of bottles (properly chilled) in - lagers, beers, stout - and watch the queues disappear.

Draught is a hassle, wastage is high and for speed is awful.

Edited by Gary Peebles Tackle
  • Like 1

It's all outsourced just now nothing the club can do.

Don't know if any of you have used the social club for Queens Parks games, for a 3rd division team they have it spot on.

Cheap bottles, good beer on tap and speedy service. They also have sky sports and a snooker table. Not bad for a 3rd division team! If they can get it so right makes you wonder why we can't!

You are quite right to complian -simply wasnt good enough ,its been noted in the Match report and will be discussed with he Bar people.

We planned on 4000 so we were expecting a large crowd ,if we won 10-0 it doesnt detract from poor service levels.

Please accept my apologies and we will try and improve next time.

Jim Alexander

I know we all like a pint, but a bar that is only used once a fortnight max is unlikely to yield good draught beer.

Get rid of the draught, get a good selection of bottles (properly chilled) in - lagers, beers, stout - and watch the queues disappear.

Draught is a hassle, wastage is high and for speed is awful.

A simple but excellent piece of advice.

I've always said it would be great if the Aitken Suite was good and as i take the wee man with me now would be ideal...but the drinks are crap the seating arrangements crap and the closing at 14:30pm is also ermm..crap

Haven't been in now for a good while but there was also a cheeky witch of a barmaid who looked completely pissed off when you had the cheek to ask her for a drink