Cup Final

Fistle1876

Today was like a cup final. The atmosphere was arguably the best I've seen at Firhill. The buzz walking home still hearing te jags fans singing down Firhill rd, carscube rd and maryhill rd was incredible, we sang 10 minutes before the game and never stopped until after 5'oclock.

What i did think though was thia Could be a struggle to get tickets to the final. 5,268 at the game. If they don't include u16's that adds at least 500 and then 200 in hospitality an that's just the people who were here today.

I'd wish they'd hurry up and let us know when the tickets go on sale! So I can come and get mine.

But yes, if there was at least 4000 Jags fans in Firhill yesterday, then surely - with the team playing so well and for the first cup final we've been in for a million years - we'll sell our allocation rather easily and quickly.

I can see an almighty struggle for Challenge Cup Final tickets once the season-ticket holders have obtained their full allocations.

:innocent::innocent2:

I'll go into the away end if I have to. Doubt they'll sell their full allocation. Might get a bit naughty though! it'll end up like a hitler in israel situation because i doubt i'd be able to hide my delight if thistle win/ score/ snap wullie gibson

I can see an almighty struggle for Challenge Cup Final tickets once the season-ticket holders have obtained their full allocations.

:innocent::innocent2:

And quite rightly so.

As better supporters of the club, I expect the right to purchase 30 tickets alone just for myself and family lol !

I predict more than a sell out as both teams are flying high in their respective league's.

This game should be at Rugby Park . . . End of !

And quite rightly so.

As better supporters of the club, I expect the right to purchase 30 tickets alone just for myself and family lol !

I predict more than a sell out as both teams are flying high in their respective league's.

This game should be at Rugby Park . . . End of !

Agree. It'll be a scandal if any fans end up not getting a ticket.

Agree. It'll be a scandal if any fans end up not getting a ticket.

I posted something similar a week or so ago regarding the venue.

I can see 12 to 14K wishing to take this game in.

If it becomes a situation where there is little chance of a ticket then people will be put off.

In my opinion playing the game at Livi is a feckin no brainer !

Maybe I will be proved to be wrong but I doubt it !!

I posted something similar a week or so ago regarding the venue.

I can see 12 to 14K wishing to take this game in.

If it becomes a situation where there is little chance of a ticket then people will be put off.

In my opinion playing the game at Livi is a feckin no brainer !

Maybe I will be proved to be wrong but I doubt it !!

how many does the lingston ground hold anyway, mate?

Apologies if this has been discussed. However, I've just noticed that we are due to play Morton on Tuesday 9th April, 2 days after the Cup Final.

This is clearly far from ideal and would imagine the Club would request it to be moved back to at least the Wednesday. I'd also imagine that there would be no issues from the SFL over moving the game.

Considering there was 4200 there yesterday and there will be a load of people planning in advance to come to the cup final that are exiled or work shifts, we are going to sell these no bother. Think one or two might be disappointed, hopefully the farmers from Dumfries struggle to shift their lot.

Considering there was 4200 there yesterday and there will be a load of people planning in advance to come to the cup final that are exiled or work shifts, we are going to sell these no bother. Think one or two might be disappointed, hopefully the farmers from Dumfries struggle to shift their lot.

Good points. I don't believe that the club includes the free kids in its crowd figures. The photos show that the JH stand was nearly full and there were a few hundred in the north stand. In total, there must have been over 6,000 at the game.

There were over 12,000 Jags fans at Hampden for the Cup semi-final against Rangers. Even though its the Challenge rather than Scottish Cup, we should be able to sell well over 6,000 tickets, especially if we are top of the league.

QoS are flying high in Div. 2. They can muster a very decent-sized support for big occasions, and the Final will be one such event. I reckon they'll sell out. But does anybody know if there's a straight 50/50 split in the allocation? I'd have thought we'd get more than half.

QoS are flying high in Div. 2. They can muster a very decent-sized support for big occasions, and the Final will be one such event. I reckon they'll sell out. But does anybody know if there's a straight 50/50 split in the allocation? I'd have thought we'd get more than half.

But how many tickets will go to the SFL, SFA and the sponsors?

Judging by the sections allocated, I think it is a 50/50 split. Not sure how they'll sell 4500 tickets or whatever it is. Maybe if it was at Killie they would have, don't see it at Livingston, they've been in the final of this a few times too so its not a novelty.

Edited by MWM

Good points. I don't believe that the club includes the free kids in its crowd figures. The photos show that the JH stand was nearly full and there were a few hundred in the north stand. In total, there must have been over 6,000 at the game.

There were over 12,000 Jags fans at Hampden for the Cup semi-final against Rangers. Even though its the Challenge rather than Scottish Cup, we should be able to sell well over 6,000 tickets, especially if we are top of the league.

KIDS FOR FREE ARE INCLUDED IN THE CROWD FIGURES. This has been clarified many times.

Today was like a cup final. The atmosphere was arguably the best I've seen at Firhill. The buzz walking home still hearing te jags fans singing down Firhill rd, carscube rd and maryhill rd was incredible, we sang 10 minutes before the game and never stopped until after 5'oclock.

What i did think though was thia Could be a struggle to get tickets to the final. 5,268 at the game. If they don't include u16's that adds at least 500 and then 200 in hospitality an that's just the people who were here today.

They do.

KIDS FOR FREE ARE INCLUDED IN THE CROWD FIGURES. This has been clarified many times.

So how was the official crowd only 5,268 when the JH stand was nearly full (see the pic on the home page of the website) when its holds 6,283 (Wikipedia)? There were a few hundred in the shed too. On "Open All Mikes", Derek Ferguson estimated that the crowd was around 7,000!!

So how was the official crowd only 5,268 when the JH stand was nearly full (see the pic on the home page of the website) when its holds 6,283 (Wikipedia)? There were a few hundred in the shed too. On "Open All Mikes", Derek Ferguson estimated that the crowd was around 7,000!!

Small gaps of one or two seats throughout the stand will add up, especially when those looking for seats are in groups of three or four.