Sigesige00

Jaggernaut

Sorry that you haven't had a reply from Admin yet MJ. As it happens, I do know a little more than I'm letting on about why he was banned and as it doesn't seem likely you'll get a response anytime soon and I feel a little guilty for telling you to do something and then not getting the reply, I'll tell you what I know.....

Sige has many views that the admin of this site were just not happy with and had indeed spoken with him in the past about his views. However, he chose to continue down the same route. He did offend a lot of folk in the Remembrance Day thread and there were complaints. So along with that, it was decided he would lose the right to post here. It's not just been down to one thing he's been banned for, it's a combination of a number things. I understand why the site admin have banned him and I think as it's their site, it's up to them what they want to allow to be published.

This isn't an easy situation for them and I know in all the years I helped with first the PTFC.net site then the Jagsforum, I've never known folk to ask for a poster that's been banned to be allowed back, so it's a new one on me as well and one I'd find hard to offer advice on! I've offered advice to the site owners since the site began and I occasionally moderate (though in truth, very little needs done on that score). I'd happily discuss the situation with them if they wish to but I think they are happy with the action they have taken.

Cheers Willjag, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and to confirm what a number of us had come to suspect. Namely that Siego has been banned sin die meaning there will be no possibility of a happy ending. But from what you say – and I’m reading between the lines, picking at scraps of information, it is clear that Siege Siege 00 has been hung out to dry as an example to anyone who dares to challenge the authority of the forum admin’ team. I find this terribly sad and never thought that the forum would have been run in such an Orwellian manner (comrade Stalin may even have approved).

In the final analysis, Siego has suffered from a form of extreme censorship, his words have been suppressed and his ideas deemed "offensive". I guess this happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. I say political as I guess whatever he said was the opposite of what admin’ believed to be true; or am I just twisting things? Possibly I am and maybe I’m pushing things too far. But isn’t this a discussion forum; plus there is an important principle at stake here. Yes, I do recall the Remembrance Day thread and I also recall personally making quite a strongly worded post regarding what he’d said. But in letting bygones be bygones, why not simply have a policy of moderating and deleting offending posts or even blocking threads – give a brief explanation then move on. Is that too radical?

The aforementioned approach is applied on a number of forums I visit and even happened on my office forum where folk used to stop short calling management lying f***ers. (Guilty as charged but they did want to hear our views, even if your IP address could be traced and logged!) Thinking about it, I remember a pun fest being stopped on this very forum one Friday night. With the reason being that puns weren’t allowed in any great numbers. From memory, this one was a puntastic!

One of the great things about this forum is that I’ve witnessed members who are as politically as far apart as Kilbarchan and Penicuik having a go at each other to then calm down and move forward. All very adult: I’m the teacher Jaggy my pupil. But for poor Siego, there would appear to be no possibility of rehabilitation and return. This is a sad injustice and something I never thought would happen on this forum. As Jimmy Krankie said: “If thou suffer injustice, console thyself; the true unhappiness is in doing it.” (Must have been a bad swinger’s party that night!)

I’ll leave it at that for just now… but I don't think we'll go away that easy. The Siego party bus is gathering momentum and I'm sure that admin' will eventually yield to the will of the people. Then again maybe they won't; but we don't give up that easy. There's even talk of a banner on Sunday! Watch this space...

Edited by Meister Jag

• Members

Fair enough.

No, on reflection it's not fair enough, if it's simply being offensive that leads to banning. So what if people get offended by other individuals' views? I find many things offensive all the time, and no doubt I also offend people, but I wouldn't want anybody banned from a football forum because of it.

So what if Sigesige's views on Remembrance day "offended" some people. It certainly wouldn't have "offended" everybody, and my own views are even probably quite similar to his on that particular matter.

On television every night you can see professional "comedians" making a lot of money out of being deliberately offensive towards all kinds of people, on topics as diverse as sex, religion, war, politics, and sport. They don't get banned for it. In fact they get further celebrity status and success out of it, even though they offend some people.

Poor, poor show by admin on this, I reckon.

So, as I said Jaggernaut.... "It's not just been down to one thing he's been banned for, it's a combination of a number things." I don't know when he was finally banned, but I suspect that the Remebrance thread was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I only mentioned that particular thread myself, because that's the one I remember. I know there were others (sex with minors etc). So please don't quote me out of context when I'm trying to be helpful.

If this was a strictly a "football forum", let's be honest, he wouldn't be missed because he posted very little about Partick Thistle or Scottish football in general.

Unfair also to pin sole blame on admin because if it wasn't for the complaints about the guy, their attention would never have been drawn to him in the first place.

So, as I said Jaggernaut.... "It's not just been down to one thing he's been banned for, it's a combination of a number things." I don't know when he was finally banned, but I suspect that the Remebrance thread was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I only mentioned that particular thread myself, because that's the one I remember. I know there were others (sex with minors etc). So please don't quote me out of context when I'm trying to be helpful.

If this was a strictly a "football forum", let's be honest, he wouldn't be missed because he posted very little about Partick Thistle or Scottish football in general.

Unfair also to pin sole blame on admin because if it wasn't for the complaints about the guy, their attention would never have been drawn to him in the first place.

Willjag, please be assured that I am in no way personalising this matter; so please don't take any comments I've made as being aimed at you in any way. As mentioned earlier, I do appreciate you coming onto the forum and trying to offer some form of explanation. I'm sure that I join with many others - Siege Siege 00 fans if you like - in thanking you for trying to explain things from an admin' perspective. Granted, some of his earlier posts were incendiary; but the fact remains that forum members generally self-police and mock those with bonkers or extremist views.

This part of the forum has always been where we discuss music, literature, the arts and politics etc. It has historically always been a natural home for Thistle fans who wish to make known their views on issues like Scottish independence or even the death of a paedo' DJ. Sometimes posts have been made that were in poor taste but, more often than not, they were just a good laugh. (All very subjective I accept!) The other obvious point is that it stops people like me - who really don't know that much about football (despite watching Thistle for 40-years plus!) - kidding on I could manage a football team. WTF do I know about bringing such and such a player back from the dead and playing them in a midfield holding position... But ask me to post in support of a Jags fan who's running a Ska night then I'm always happy to help.

In my posts and in trying to restore harmony and balance to the forum, I was merely trying to achieve a satisfactory conclusion that would be mutually beneficial to all. At the end of the day we're all Thistle fans. In my view, and in this respect I accept I'm perhaps not in possession of all the facts and haven't read all of the offending posts, Siego has served a sentence of sorts (banned for a good few months) so should be allowed back on the forum - with or without sanctions being applied. In terms of sanctions, my earlier posts refer; but I also return to the fact that I do believe that on this forum in particular, common sense generally prevails. When I've said something that's perhaps OTT to some, I've been quickly challenged. Sometimes I accept I'm wrong and other times I fire back. At the end of the day it's is a discussion forum...

In closing, thanks again for taking the time to post and enjoy the rest of the season :thumbsup2:

MJ

Edited by Meister Jag

• Members

I'm not admin MJ so your not offending me in any way at all. :) Just that having experience of that side of things, I know how difficult it can be and I do have a great deal of sympathy for those that do admin the site and so I feel some of the comments re admin are a bit over the top. The folk that run this forum do a hell of a lot for the Club and the fans in general. If they've made a mistake with this then fair enough. I think they're allowed it without criticism.

I'm not admin MJ so your not offending me in any way at all. :) Just that having experience of that side of things, I know how difficult it can be and I do have a great deal of sympathy for those that do admin the site and so I feel some of the comments re admin are a bit over the top. The folk that run this forum do a hell of a lot for the Club and the fans in general. If they've made a mistake with this then fair enough. I think they're allowed it without criticism.

Nobody is above criticism. :innocent:

Nobody is above criticism. :innocent:

But, but, but......Admin are real Thistle men, can't name them obviously, but if you see them at a game, you could have a word with them about this? Just seek out individuals with initials AC and TH :innocent2:

Sigesige00 should be allowed back on, just because you don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean it's incorrect.

He's a loyal Thistle fan, see him at most games, a lot more than can be said for some of the contributors on the forum who can't wait for a bad performance to start their negativity (despite not being at the games!)

These people are more offensive and annoying than Sigesige00.

& this culture of complaiming about being offended, is it really necessary? Block the guy or simply stop reading his posts.

People who go out their way to complain, email ITV to complain about tv adverts, complain about Rowan Atkinson during Comic Relief, must have a very boring existence.

• Like 1

Sigesige00 should be allowed back on, just because you don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean it's incorrect.

He's a loyal Thistle fan, see him at most games, a lot more than can be said for some of the contributors on the forum who can't wait for a bad performance to start their negativity (despite not being at the games!)

These people are more offensive and annoying than Sigesige00.

& this culture of complaiming about being offended, is it really necessary? Block the guy or simply stop reading his posts.

People who go out their way to complain, email ITV to complain about tv adverts, complain about Rowan Atkinson during Comic Relief, must have a very boring existence.

Hey, Admin! I take offence at the above post!

Am I right in thinking that "futsal" is simply five-a-sides in old money, or am I an orang?

More or less. It is played with a size 4 (rather than size 5) ball that is a little heavier due to being weighed down with a little sand. It also has out of bounds areas beyond the by and side lines, meaning you can't get away with being shite by using the walls to bounce the ball off of. You can also enter the goal area and goalies can leave it. I think it's much more fun and closer to the full game than normal fives. I wouldn't promote turning football into futsal like Sige seems to, however I do think futsal should replace football in the Olympics, as it's a sport that would fit in with and benefit from being in the Olympics.

More or less. It is played with a size 4 (rather than size 5) ball that is a little heavier due to being weighed down with a little sand. It also has out of bounds areas beyond the by and side lines, meaning you can't get away with being shite by using the walls to bounce the ball off of. You can also enter the goal area and goalies can leave it. I think it's much more fun and closer to the full game than normal fives. I wouldn't promote turning football into futsal like Sige seems to, however I do think futsal should replace football in the Olympics, as it's a sport that would fit in with and benefit from being in the Olympics.

Yeah it's played with a smaller ball that doesn't bounce. I think the goals are the same dimensions as handball goals - might have something to do with the origins of the game as well.

Yeah it's played with a smaller ball that doesn't bounce. I think the goals are the same dimensions as handball goals - might have something to do with the origins of the game as well.

I'm not sure if they are the same dimensions as handball goals officially, however when I played, I played in handball goals. It makes it so easy as a keeper, especially when the opposition have a habit of shooting between waist and shoulder height, you just need to swing your arms in the general direction and you'll usually save it.

I'm not sure if they are the same dimensions as handball goals officially, however when I played, I played in handball goals. It makes it so easy as a keeper, especially when the opposition have a habit of shooting between waist and shoulder height, you just need to swing your arms in the general direction and you'll usually save it.

I always think that handball goalies look a bit daft, the way they dance around sprawling their arms and legs like an octopus on ecstasy.

Any sightings of the Great Man at the Morton game?

Hi CO

Think I'm still on a high after the other night; flashbacks, can't sleep, can't get the crowd noise out my head! :music: (I'm actually off on holiday this week so can stay up as late as I want!) Siege sent me a message and I can confirm that he was there (don't think he really ever misses games!) and from what he's said it would appear that he's as excited as the rest of us; and no wonder!!

Just now he's doing some research into the club - origins and move to Firhill etc. He's a real Jags man...

I'd mentioned that he should pop into the Star and Garter for a chat and to meet the younger guys and I'll see if he'll take me up on the offer. From what he's said, I gather he's been in the pub before. I'm sure the younger S&G guys would make him most welcome. (I drink at the quiet end of the bar with the, erm, older clientele. :thumbsup2: )

Cheers

MJ

I was lucky enough to meet the great man once again this very lunch time at Caley Uni. He was having trouble getting his new sim card registered so was slightly pre-occupied.

He will be travelling on the City Centre bus tomorrow leaving from the Station Bar and said he was very much looking forward to the game.

He really should be allowed back on. The guy is thistle daft. I've never seen him without his thistle gear on.

We shouldn't be excluding guys like this from the forum. He is in a foreign country and speaks very little English, anything that helps people like that settle in should not be denied from them without good reason.

As has already been said many times, if there is a good reason for him being banned then fine, but we've been told nothing despite several enquiries.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to meet the great man once again this very lunch time at Caley Uni. He was having trouble getting his new sim card registered so was slightly pre-occupied.

He will be travelling on the City Centre bus tomorrow leaving from the Station Bar and said he was very much looking forward to the game.

He really should be allowed back on. The guy is thistle daft. I've never seen him without his thistle gear on.

We shouldn't be excluding guys like this from the forum. He is in a foreign country and speaks very little English, anything that helps people like that settle in should not be denied from them without good reason.

As has already been said many times, if there is a good reason for him being banned then fine, but we've been told nothing despite several enquiries.

:thumbsup2: