Funds Raised So Far £401.83 From 55

TMJ

• Members

We have now raised £400 on Easyfundraising, and have 55 registered members. Great, now can we get more to join?

And does anyone know when the money will be passed the the club?

Thanks

The money goes directly to the Club on a quarterly basis. It would be good if the Club could acknowledge the receipt via twitter or Facebook though, maybe encourage more folk to join in?

We have now raised £400 on Easyfundraising, and have 55 registered members. Great, now can we get more to join?

And does anyone know when the money will be passed the the club?

Thanks

By my reckoning we have raised around £130 in this quarter and we still have a couple of weeks to go. The money will be paid direct to the club at the end of February.

Agreed, its not a large sum, but it's all we have managed to raise. If the club

acknowledged the sum in the programme and web-site, hopefully more people would join.

Or does this prove that we are a dwindling support?

Sorry for the gloom

• Administrators

Christ that really is pityful :shok:

Every little helps i know..but that's quite embarassing..be better off asking fans to hand in their coppers on matchdays!

Martin has been asking fans to get involved, he can't do anymore than that. If we had more than 56 members I'm sure we would have raised more money. It's still £400 that the club wouldn't have had so we should be thankful of those that take part in it...it's just as easy to donate through this as it would be to hand in coppers, so you can't assume we'd be any better off.

I've asked the club to start recognising the efforts of those involved, hopefully they will....

Thanks Admin2 for the reply

We now have 2 new members. I've persuaded a friend at work, with no interest in Football who does a lot of on-line shopping to join and she has now raised £12.09.

Its such an easy thing to sign up to and help the club.

• Members

It really is TMJ. I'd have thought most folk online would use Amazon to buy stuff for example and as Amazon don't give cashback through any cashback sites I'm aware of, there's not really any good reason not to do it. If anyone gets a Kindle (or gives one!) this Christmas, please sign up and but your stuff through the Easy Fundraising site.

Ive got to admit I had signed up on easy fundraising to Cancer Research UK as they do such valuable work is there any way that you can sign up for a couple of groups rather than just one charity? I also have to say I am terrible at remembering easy fundraising, many times I buy something online then only realise afterwards I should have went through the easyfundraising.

Ive got to admit I had signed up on easy fundraising to Cancer Research UK as they do such valuable work is there any way that you can sign up for a couple of groups rather than just one charity? I also have to say I am terrible at remembering easy fundraising, many times I buy something online then only realise afterwards I should have went through the easyfundraising.

You could have one cause for easyfundraising and a different one for easysearch. You could also change your settings on easyfundraising before you make a purchase so that one week your online shopping supports Cancer Research and the next week it supports wearethistle, you would need to remember to change your settings each time though.

• Members

Matt, you can download the find and remind toolbar from the Easyfundraising site. If you then click on a site that you can go through EF for you get a popup. Not only that, but you get 50p for your cause by downloading it also!

Matt, you can download the find and remind toolbar from the Easyfundraising site. If you then click on a site that you can go through EF for you get a popup. Not only that, but you get 50p for your cause by downloading it also!

Thanks for the info will.

I might switch to wearethistle till the end of January while the transfer market is open then switch back to Cancer Research UK for February

• Like 1

Since this thread was started, 3 new members have joined. I know that Martin has done a great job in promoting the fund raising scheme. If the Club acknowledged the money raised, I think it would encourage others to join.

I'm guessing that the last sum of money given to the club, was just absorbed. Could the money we raise, be used to buy something that the fans could see and hopefully encourage more to join and raise more money for the team?

Tracksuits for the Ball-boys?

Red and yellow bulbs for the Bung?

Gym equipment?

Any better ideas?

Since this thread was started, 3 new members have joined. I know that Martin has done a great job in promoting the fund raising scheme. If the Club acknowledged the money raised, I think it would encourage others to join.

I'm guessing that the last sum of money given to the club, was just absorbed. Could the money we raise, be used to buy something that the fans could see and hopefully encourage more to join and raise more money for the team?

Tracksuits for the Ball-boys?

Red and yellow bulbs for the Bung?

Gym equipment?

Any better ideas?

Currently at 59 members and £416.11 raised - thanks to all involved!

Good idea to try and link the money raised to a specific area and nearer the time the money for this quarter is due to be paid to the club I will contact them about publicising it.

Keep the ideas coming.

• 2 months later...

The last time I posted in December, we had raised £401 from 55 members. We have now raised £494 from 62 members, Which i feel is a big improvement.

Has the money been handed over to the club?

If so, has it been featured/acknowledged on the Club website or programme?

Are there more than 62 Jags fans willing to help? Or is this as far as we can stretch the seam*

*Being sensitive to current affairs, i didn't want to write "Flogging a dead horse"

The last time I posted in December, we had raised £401 from 55 members. We have now raised £494 from 62 members, Which i feel is a big improvement.

Has the money been handed over to the club?

If so, has it been featured/acknowledged on the Club website or programme?

Are there more than 62 Jags fans willing to help? Or is this as far as we can stretch the seam*

*Being sensitive to current affairs, i didn't want to write "Flogging a dead horse"

The money raised during the last quarter of 2012 will be getting sent to the club now by easyfundraising (they send it 60 days after the quarter ends). I have e-mailed the club asking them to put something about easyfundraising on the website when they receive the payment.

Hopefully there are more than 62 people interested in this and we will get an increase in members as time goes on. The start to this quarter has been good in terms of money generated and hopefully that will continue.