Eddie Prentice

northernsoul

So you think it's OK for someone to be taking 25,000 a year out of our club when it's struggling? It's not as if he even seems to be doing that much for the club either.

I would only be happy for anyone doing this who would be prepared to feed my cats during the summer whn the club is closed.

I wouldn't work for nothing and, as much as I love Thistle, if I was capable of being Chief Executive I wouldn't do it for 25 grand a year - it should be paid three times that.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See threads like this - if we're being perfectly honest they are full of people who know absolutely **** all about what Eddie Prentice does and just use these forums to have a go at people in charge of our club.

The club asked for people to help out in a couple of programmes towards the end of the season but funnily enough it's the same people who were there last season who had to help out this summer as no one new came forward. A fine example of people complaining without knowing half of the goings on within the club is the complaints about the Centenary Fund draw being late. The very few volunteers and Ami had to spend this week sending out season tickets so that everyone could get into the Bristol Rovers game and also contact those who were too stupid to figure out the simple system which is Paypal. If by some miracle everyone had been smart enough to use the system properly then they might've been able to do the draw on time instead of phoning numerous people including those who complained about not being called back whilst not actually leaving a contact number when leaving a message.

If people are so concerned about Eddie Prentice getting 25k a year from the club then do something about it. It seems that moaning about it on anonymous forums is always the answer to everything regarding Partick Thistle though.

See threads like this - if we're being perfectly honest they are full of people who know absolutely **** all about what Eddie Prentice does and just use these forums to have a go at people in charge of our club.

The club asked for people to help out in a couple of programmes towards the end of the season but funnily enough it's the same people who were there last season who had to help out this summer as no one new came forward. A fine example of people complaining without knowing half of the goings on within the club is the complaints about the Centenary Fund draw being late. The very few volunteers and Ami had to spend this week sending out season tickets so that everyone could get into the Bristol Rovers game and also contact those who were too stupid to figure out the simple system which is Paypal. If by some miracle everyone had been smart enough to use the system properly then they might've been able to do the draw on time instead of phoning numerous people including those who complained about not being called back whilst not actually leaving a contact number when leaving a message.

If people are so concerned about Eddie Prentice getting 25k a year from the club then do something about it. It seems that moaning about it on anonymous forums is always the answer to everything regarding Partick Thistle though.

:thumbsup2:

I couldn't agree more. Not going to say anything else, no point, I am not being negative so will you listen? Doubt it!

Simple question ? Why does Eddie take 25K out of our club ? At the same time justify the 25K from a company that is clearly struggling !

Simple question ? Why does Eddie take 25K out of our club ? At the same time justify the 25K from a company that is clearly struggling !

Another simple question, why do plenty of people take time out of their clearly hectic schedules to post numerous complaints on here instead of actually doing something for the club?

I really don't particularly care how much Eddie Prentice takes out of the club or why. I know for a fact he is in the office and doing a hell of a lot more for our club than many other people day in day out. He spends far more time in the office than he needs to and the board agreed to compensate him for this. If you have a problem with this then perhaps you should raise it at the AGM or through the Jags Trust rather than moan on here where it makes no difference.

The fact he wasn't very nice to a supporter on the phone doesn't change anything. If anyone on the Harry Wraggs forum or here is so upset by him not being polite that they are refusing to renew their season tickets then that says more aboout them than it does Eddie Prentice .

Oh **** off. The club very rarely respond to e-mails anyway and it is a fans forum.

You be happy when we're bankrupt and playing in the third division in front of 800 punters with two stands.

Edited by mod1
Attempt to beat swear filter/abusive.

I think you missed the point.

Another simple question, why do plenty of people take time out of their clearly hectic schedules to post numerous complaints on here instead of actually doing something for the club?

This is a thistle forum for fans to debate.

The fact he wasn't very nice to a supporter on the phone doesn't change anything. If anyone on the Harry Wraggs forum or here is so upset by him not being polite that they are refusing to renew their season tickets then that says more aboout them than it does Eddie Prentice .

Aye, because thats the sole reason for them not renewing...

Edited by northernsoul

Oh **** off. The club very rarely respond to e-mails anyway and it is a fans forum.

You be happy when we're bankrupt and playing in the third division in front of 800 punters with two stands. pr!ck.

We'll be playing in front of two stands (well 2 proper stands and 2 with about 1 or 2 rows each) soon enough and it's not thanks to me but the board and the apparent supporters representation - the Jags Trust. I'll be absolutey delighted if we're playing in front of 800 fans, you're completely right. I want the club going under just because I disagree with fans moaning about things without actually doing anything to change things. In saying that I'm not the pathetic one who is refusing to renew my season ticket because I'm upset about the nasty things someone on the board said to someone.

You'd think if you could avoid the swear filter once to call me a "pr!ck" you would've remembered "f uck" isn't a nice word to use either.

I think you missed the point.

Please tell me the point then, I can't wait for this. I'm certain I really missed the hidden meaning in the Eddie Prentice bashing thread which meant it wasn't just another excuse to slag him off.

This is a thistle forum for fans to debate.

Debate? That's funny as until I disagreed it seemed that it was just another excuse to blame the board for everything. If debate was truly welcome then those who disagreed wouldn't be abused.

Aye, because thats the sole reason for them not renewing...

Sole sounds like another excuse for a fish puns thread, I'm not falling for that.

Please tell me the point then, I can't wait for this. I'm certain I really missed the hidden meaning in the Eddie Prentice bashing thread which meant it wasn't just another excuse to slag him off.

I'm sure you're capable of figuring it out for yourself.

Debate? That's funny as until I disagreed it seemed that it was just another excuse to blame the board for everything. If debate was truly welcome then those who disagreed wouldn't be abused.

You want to disagree, defend Prentice, whatever, then fine thats your opinion on the matter. I don't have a problem with that.

Sole sounds like another excuse for a fish puns thread, I'm not falling for that.

I like what you did there.

I'm sure you're capable of figuring it out for yourself.

You want to disagree, defend Prentice, whatever, then fine thats your opinion on the matter. I don't have a problem with that.

I like what you did there.

I don't think I am capable of working it out as I don't see what's wrong with defending someone who isn't here to defend themself when the vast majority have no idea what he does on a day to day basis. Not that I'm saying I know all the ins and outs of Eddie Prentice's dealings with the club as I'm sure there are others who know far more.

I respect your right to disagree with me and hope I haven't caused any offence. I know it wasn't yourself who was abusive because I had a different viewpoint so it was unfair to post what I did.

I don't think I am capable of working it out as I don't see what's wrong with defending someone who isn't here to defend themself when the vast majority have no idea what he does on a day to day basis. Not that I'm saying I know all the ins and outs of Eddie Prentice's dealings with the club as I'm sure there are others who know far more.

I respect your right to disagree with me and hope I haven't caused any offence. I know it wasn't yourself who was abusive because I had a different viewpoint so it was unfair to post what I did.

The main intention of starting this thread was to make it known just how fed up loyal supporters are right now, with regards to how the club is being run. Now with the club already (yesterday) pleading for folk to sponsor player shirts it's just an example of how bad the financial position is.

It seems to me from folk on the forums there is a growing apathy amongst the supporters at the way the Club is being run and the attitude shown to the supporters by certain members on the board, both past and present. Now the club needs as much money as it can get right now and loyal/hardcore fans how keep renewing their season ticket are one of the most vital financial revenue streams. I believe as time has gone on the club hasn't done enough for the supporters to keep interested/renewing season tickets, whether that be value for money, product on the park etc. What about the supporters who have chucked it already, just completely fed up with the club. It's decisions made by the board who have caused that and to me they have done nothing to make up for it.

With regards to you calling the fan on the phone to Prentice "pathetic", I think thats out of order. For all you know maybe the 3 installments was the only way he could purchase a season ticket this year? If not the most preferred method to so a these are finiancially difficult times at present. He had already paid the first installment then due to no fault of his own the paypal system implemented by the Club goes tits up. Now he is offering to still buy the ticket but can only do so after he is paid, so he can pay for the final installment. I see nothing wrong with that, surely a football club can come to some sort of an agreement with a season ticket holder, no? I can't see any grounds for criticism on that part. I also highely doubt that this was the only reason (assuming here) that he has decided to not renew his ticket and I think you would agree with me on that.

Now with regards to Prentice bashing, if thats the way the thread turn out then so be it. On my part it would be criticism but not just him, the Club as a whole. There must be some leniancy surely for a season ticket holder, who gives the club his money and has been doing so for a number of years. Look at the season ticket thread, problems with renewing over the phone, the person whose job it is to do so isn't available at present, these are basic things the Club can't even seem to get right at present.

We can't offord to lose season ticket holders but when you look at the grand scheme of things their decision is completely justified in my opinion. The Club's non existant relationship with the fans and patronising, lying attitude is the last thing needed, but I'm afraid it will continue.

As the fans we can't ignore this.

Edited by northernsoul

It seems to me that a lot of people are huffing and puffing over Eddie Prentice receiving 25 grand a year from the club, without actually knowing what he does. "If he was Thistle-minded then he'd do it for nothing" seems to be a common sentiment.

Then, why not say the same for McCall, or any of the players? Why don't they all do it for nothing?

Just because Mr Prentice is Thistle minded it doesnt mean he should work for nothing. I have no idea what he does exactly but i would be willing to bet he does a damn sight more than 25K's worth taking the going rate for such a position into consideration. Anytime i have seen Mr Prentice be it during the week or at a matchday he has always looked busy and has never passed by with out saying hello. I'm not saying its right what he said on the phone to the fan but pressure gets to everyone and we cant be all sweetness and light all the time. There are 2 sides to every story and before passing judgment i would like to hear Mr Prentices side on the story

Just because Mr Prentice is Thistle minded it doesnt mean he should work for nothing. I have no idea what he does exactly but i would be willing to bet he does a damn sight more than 25K's worth taking the going rate for such a position into consideration. Anytime i have seen Mr Prentice be it during the week or at a matchday he has always looked busy and has never passed by with out saying hello. I'm not saying its right what he said on the phone to the fan but pressure gets to everyone and we cant be all sweetness and light all the time. There are 2 sides to every story and before passing judgment i would like to hear Mr Prentices side on the story

That would be my take on it too.

I agree with the more balanced view expressed by Jaggyman above. For all I know Mr Prentice spend alot of hours at the club and just how "Thistle minded" do you need to be. I am not sure its appropriate or fair to expect Mr Prentice or any other director to work for nothing. Does anybody else? If your employer is going through tough times, do you offer to do without wages?

Just how "Thistle minded" are those fans that have stopped turning up?

Hadn't replied earlier as other had done so for me.

But you are doing just what you accuse others of doing - making a statement without knowing. Now I don't know what he does either but I do know it sometimes seems he doesn't do it competently - e.g. delays with the Centenary Fund, the problems setting it up when volunteers in the Jags Trust had done it competently for years.

Do we see any added value from what he does compared to how things ran before he did it?

This is also part of the Board's general attitude - they must be aware of many fans' attutude towards this yet, like with everything else never try to explain - anything. Is that because they can't be arsed, have contempt for us or is it we wouldn' like the explanation?

I don't offfer any answers only making the point that they are not selling biscuits or whatever and is up to us whether we buy or not. They are supposed to be custodians for OUR club, the one we support and we ought to get a better attitude from them than we do.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I agree with the more balanced view expressed by Jaggyman above. For all I know Mr Prentice spend alot of hours at the club and just how "Thistle minded" do you need to be. I am not sure its appropriate or fair to expect Mr Prentice or any other director to work for nothing. Does anybody else? If your employer is going through tough times, do you offer to do without wages?

Some over the top reactions here but this post, and Jaggymans, sum it up. This has been used as another excuse to have a go at an easy target. Now Im not saying Eddie P had the right attitude on the phone, and I have felt a little insulted by him on at least 2 occassions, but his point was very valid. If someone has agreed to pay for their season tickets in 3 instalments (May, June and July) then the June payment is not made due to problems with paypal then I think it is reasonable to assume that the ST holder has ignored the fact no money has come out of his account in June. So did he spend the money that was meant to go to the Club? If so then thats his/her problem not the Clubs, if his budget was so tight he should have kept to his June budget and left the money in his account.

I want to go to the Clyde game but due to budgeting issues I cant afford the ticket price, should the Club let me in free and allow me to pay them at the Dundee game? No of course they shouldn't!

Once again the usual people are kicking up a fuss on a forum about people trying to do the best for the Club, while others who have stopped supporting the Club for XY&Z excuse are backed. Is it just me who thinks something is very wrong about that??

Does anyone else think it's appropriate or fair to expect Eddie to work for nowt or is it fair that anybody else works for nowt? I'm curious about this, given the number of volunteers who work for the club (that's unpaid to you and I).

Just about every moment of your matchday experience involves, in one way or another, unpaid labour. Perhaps a little more focus on and recognition of those people by fans and executives and less chewing over what Eddie earns might help.

As to how Thistle minded the no-shows are, in a former life on an earlier forum it was pointed out that the club is in danger of turning fans into customers. Fans don't walk away, customers do when they don't get what they want, and there's a fine line between.

Once again the usual people are kicking up a fuss on a forum about people trying to do the best for the Club, while others who have stopped supporting the Club for XY&Z excuse are backed. Is it just me who thinks something is very wrong about that??

Has it ever struck you that their best isn't good enough? Would you allow your dentist to let you walk out of his surgery with a filling unsealed because 'he did his best'?

Edited by McKennan

Has it ever struck you that their best isn't good enough? Would you allow your dentist to let you walk out of his surgery with a filling unsealed because 'he did his best'?

Of course it has but the point is they are trying, and getting slated for it by the same people who happily back fans that have decided to stop supporting the club. Why has the Propco deal not reduced the debt by as much as was forecast? Because the BoD were misguided in their belief that we would have an average crowd of 3000 last season and therein lies a serious problem. Misguided BoD AND fans not turning up.

Of course it has but the point is they are trying, and getting slated for it by the same people who happily back fans that have decided to stop supporting the club. Why has the Propco deal not reduced the debt by as much as was forecast? Because the BoD were misguided in their belief that we would have an average crowd of 3000 last season and therein lies a serious problem. Misguided BoD AND fans not turning up.

Fair point, Steven. My point is that trying isn't enough, doing is what's needed. That sounds like Yoda. :blink: I can't blame fans for walking away and castigating those who are 'trying'. Those who are trying have positions of responsibility at the club and 'blame' begins and ends there.

As to propco, you suggest the board was misguided. By whom?

Who came up with this 3000 figure? I have heard that from two club executives but I have no idea how the figure came about.

Fair point, Steven. My point is that trying isn't enough, doing is what's needed. That sounds like Yoda. :blink: I can't blame fans for walking away and castigating those who are 'trying'. Those who are trying have positions of responsibility at the club and 'blame' begins and ends there.

As to propco, you suggest the board was misguided. By whom?

Who came up with this 3000 figure? I have heard that from two club executives but I have no idea how the figure came about.

I'm not so sure 'blame' does begin and end there, surely fans should be accountable for their actions in the same way the BoD should be accountable for theirs? Ok the BoD are charged with responsibility and I am in agreement with a lot of the criticisms of them, but some of the way this criticism is expressed on here is uncalled for.

The BoD were misguided in their belief with regard to projected attendances, and maybe they always have been but imo there is at least 1000 fans missing from Firhill every week. Scottish football has a lot of blame for that but the 'stay-away' fans (as opposed to those who simply cannot make it to games for various reasons) should ask if their actions are in the best interests of the club?