Hugh Murray

erty13

My tuppence for what it's worth.

He let his emotions get the better of him.

We're 2-0 up & cruising. A debatable free kick from a ref who was increasingly at this point frustrating Thistle players, management & support with his decision to award a fk every time a Morton player fell down & the crowd shouted.

Then comes the handball- haven't seen it but lack of protests suggest that he put his hands up & was a penalty.

Now the guy's got something to make up for as well as the frustrations boiling with the ref.

Then the foul/incident in which he saw red. He's practically assaulted by the Morton player. It should have been a yellow card for him but the ref takes no action. He then chose, wrongly to take it himself.

Point being he deserved to go but if the referee (& assistants) had done job properly then Morton player would've been booked & Murray wouldn't have gone seeking retribution.

All 3 missed Tidser throwing the ball at the ref, that sums up today's officiating for me.

Frustration boiled over. He made a mistake. He didn't set out to get himself sent off. In the grand scheme of things it cost us nothing.

Our players surrounding ref prob saying same thing bout if he did his job properly...

Anyway, the Murray that played way he did for 60-70mins today is the Murray we'll need of our away form to improve.

He'll sit out Tues dye to suspension & fact it's his 2nd red of season means prob another couple as well but once he's served his time we should support him so long as he's playing in red & yellow.

He'll be hurting tonight more than anyone I'd imagine.

Onwards & upwards.

• Like 2

1) Then comes the handball- haven't seen it but lack of protests suggest that he put his hands up & was a penalty.

2) Then the foul/incident in which he saw red. He's practically assaulted by the Morton player. It should have been a yellow card for him but the ref takes no action. He then chose, wrongly to take it himself.

3) All 3 missed Tidser throwing the ball at the ref, that sums up today's officiating for me.

1. Blatant handball. Check the video.

2. McDonald barged him off the ball, Murray said something to him and McDonald laughed. Murray motioned a headbutt but only got booked as did McDonald. Murray had lost it by this point. No excuses.

3. Totally agree.

The other one you missed was O'Brien's challenge on Welsh? Bad lunge and could have really hurt him. One of them ones, totally accidental, daft forwards challenge, miscontrols and tries to win it back and lunges.....I couldn't believe he wasn't booked.

• Like 1

1. Blatant handball. Check the video.

2. McDonald barged him off the ball, Murray said something to him and McDonald laughed. Murray motioned a headbutt but only got booked as did McDonald. Murray had lost it by this point. No excuses.

3. Totally agree.

The other one you missed was O'Brien's challenge on Welsh? Bad lunge and could have really hurt him. One of them ones, totally accidental, daft forwards challenge, miscontrols and tries to win it back and lunges.....I couldn't believe he wasn't booked.

It sounds like I'm making excuses when really there are none.

Just saying the frustrations of everyone in red & yellow evident by this point & was heightened by the daft handball & him especially as he knows that it's cost us dear.

However it's not helped when once again the officials can't do their job!

Seriously, how many decisions have gone for us this season? Beginning to feel like an infirm fan & paranoid but in all honesty we must be due a turn from a couple of refs.

They miss nothing from our players but plenty it seems from opposition- & that's not just said with my red & yellow specs on!!!

Edited by Trotter

I think the officials have been poor in all encounters and have not been consistent enough. I genuinely believe the decisions haven't affected the outcome of any match with the obvious exception - the Firhill game.

Craig's 'foul' on our keeper was a huge turning point. Although I believe Forbes deserved to be sent off as he had 7/8 fouls before being sent off. Cannot argue with that.

At Cappielow, if Thistle played with anyone bar Murray, this whole season may have panned out different. His contribution to our success against you has been ridiculous.

Welsh did not have a nightmare. He got a couple of times in the 1st half, but did fine the rest of the game. Too many fans on th various threads tonight have their heads down. Nothing has changed. We still have games in hand. Our home form has been fantastic and, although we haven't won many away games, we have only lost 3. This league is still ours for the winning. Re Murray. I have no words!

I m one of the I hate Murray brigade, he's to slow and too old and defies our style of play this season. However I thought the first 45 he was excellent but then he goes and blows it by , not the penalty which I couldn't see, but by reacting after being fouled totally unprofessionally by a guy who should know better. For what reason, to moan and get a ned Morton player booked. Touché ya fud.

Ridiculous stuff shug.

I still think we will win the league but today's draw doesn't help my confidence!!!

Welsh did not have a nightmare. He got a couple of times in the 1st half, but did fine the rest of the game. Too many fans on th various threads tonight have their heads down. Nothing has changed. We still have games in hand. Our home form has been fantastic and, although we haven't won many away games, we have only lost 3. This league is still ours for the winning. Re Murray. I have no words!

He did have a mare in my opinion. Was stripped for pace twice in 1st half.

Not where he should be, Sean you are the man in the middle for me !

Why was SOD not playing from the start ?

He did have a mare in my opinion. Was stripped for pace twice in 1st half.

Not where he should be, Sean you are the man in the middle for me !

Why was SOD not playing from the start ?

I presume not fit enough for the full 90 minutes. You could start another fao of Archie thread and see if he replies to you?

• Like 1

I presume not fit enough for the full 90 minutes. You could start another fao of Archie thread and see if he replies to you?

Agenda is ......dictated by you!

So Sean Welsh was the man that should have started at right back today when SOD was on the bench ?

Is that all you have to pick from my previous ?

I haven't been a fan of Hugh Murray and was disappointed when I saw he was playing today though I could understand the logic of having his experience particularly with Archie not in the side.

A few people seemed to think he was having a good game but I can't say I agree - at best he was ok...apart from the kamikaze pass to Fox in the first half and the numerous free kicks he gave away. But for me the biggest problem is that he is a very limited player in a team that is striving to play a sharp pass and move style...when he gets the ball, his first instinct seems to turn and play a short pass back to our central defenders then doesn't make space to build an attack leaving little option other than to punt the ball forward.

I actually thought he was the victim of a ridiculous challenge and didn't do much more than make towards the Morton player in an aggressive manner...but for a player whose main asset is as an old head to behave like a hothead is no use to the club.

Three sendings off in a season is unacceptable.

I haven't been a fan of Hugh Murray and was disappointed when I saw he was playing today though I could understand the logic of having his experience particularly with Archie not in the side.

A few people seemed to think he was having a good game but I can't say I agree - at best he was ok...apart from the kamikaze pass to Fox in the first half and the numerous free kicks he gave away. But for me the biggest problem is that he is a very limited player in a team that is striving to play a sharp pass and move style...when he gets the ball, his first instinct seems to turn and play a short pass back to our central defenders then doesn't make space to build an attack leaving little option other than to punt the ball forward.

I actually thought he was the victim of a ridiculous challenge and didn't do much more than make towards the Morton player in an aggressive manner...but for a player whose main asset is as an old head to behave like a hothead is no use to the club.

Three sendings off in a season is unacceptable

...but for a player whose main asset is as an old head to behave like a hothead is no use to the club.

Three sendings off in a season is unacceptable

Liability ! End of converation !!