Foxy At The End Of The Game

Jaggy1967

Wanted to give you a huge man hug !

You have a real passion for this club and it shows every time you pull on the shirt.

Your joy at the end was priceless.

Top man :happy2:

Foxy > Tuffey? He surely must have a lot more clean sheets by now, and he's never eally had a bad game for us as far as I can remember. It's a tough one... Edited by Noel Edmonds

He is streets ahead of Tuffey.

Would not agree with that but we could have done with a Tuffey or Arthur last weekend.

Well happy with our goalie at the moment and without him and his excellent defence we would not be about to collect the 1st Division trophy !

Edited by Jaggy1967

He's a decent all-rounder and very consistent. I think people under-estimate the importance of having a keeper that the defence, particularly the centre-backs, feel they can trust. It makes even an average back four look a lot better and able to play with confidence. With a defence like our own, it makes them psychologically very difficult to beat. Okay, so you've rounded Balatoni, Muirhead or Dowie at the 9th attempt. Now you've got to beat Foxy. Good luck.

• Like 1

Foxy > Tuffey? He surely must have a lot more clean sheets by now, and he's never eally had a bad game for us as far as I can remember. It's a tough one...

Not at penalties or fast distribution of the ball from the box but collecting cross balls and clean sheats YES !

If he could become a c*nt at penalties and start saving a few, he would be epic. Better allround keeper than Tuffey though.

At the end he ran most of the way from the halfway line down the side punching the air and leaping about.

Just shows the passion this squad have for the cause !

All the more reason for us (board, sponsors, supporters) to do our best to keep them all here for the assault on the SPL.

And I'm not so sure that penalty saving is such an important attribute in a keeper.

A desirable one, yes but considering how often they face pens, I'd rather he was a good shot stopper, good atddealing with crosses and good with the ball at his feet. He is all those things so I'm more than happy with him.

And I'm not so sure that penalty saving is such an important attribute in a keeper.

A desirable one, yes but considering how often they face pens, I'd rather he was a good shot stopper, good atddealing with crosses and good with the ball at his feet. He is all those things so I'm more than happy with him.

Could have done with it on Sunday instead of that ginger twat stealing the show !

No slur on Foxy meant for anyone not having read the above !

Another guy out of contract at the end of the Season and another guy we want to keep. Hopefully the Club will be in the position to start negotiations with the players on Wednesday morning!

Hard work for Archie ahead is it not ?

Tying down players to SPL wages when no one really knows the costs etc !

The remainder on previous contracts .i.e. Bannighan should have his contract updated / renewed.

Tough times ahead.

Once the party is over the aftermath I think will be grim !

Depends on vote on Monday. If its a no am guessing the board know a rough budget to get archie started in contract talks with players or hopefully will start in Ernest to get something drawn up.

Important to get guys on new deals before its too late.

Deals should be offered to Paton & erskine just to gauge interested as we don't know what Dundee utd r offering unless they have already signed with utd.

Budgets should be known by the board

I have mentioned the need to know what wages we can afford and make appropriate offers to the players we wish to keep and potentially get a return if they are being scouted elsewere

Bannigan, Muirhead and Balatoni will be of interest to others and will be on the lower end of wages and out of contract from January.

Give Archie the Budget ASAP and tie up the squad he wishes from current group and move on and bring in replacements for the departing Paton and Erskine.

Loved the passion at the end of the Morton game and feel he has alot of good attriubutes.

Penalty wise, well last weekend was all about gamesmanship as we know and part of it is out thinking the penalty taker. Not sure how much of a skill or art there is in that.