Tonight's Glasgow Cup

andyconnor

First of all, why wasn't this game played at Hampden? Secondly, why should Thistle have to put up with the visiting hooligans and resulting damages. Thirdly, The Auld Firm should be held accountable for all expenses incurred for putting this game on at Firhill and the resulting damage bill. Lastly as one other post suggested, why on earth would the so called responsible people who run Football in Scotland want toallow Alcohol to be served in grounds around the country after this debacle? You must be joking. Well politicians are Jokers are they not?

Yes ... because each of these teams has more fans on their own than every other club in Scotland combined ... so let's stop every other club getting gate money for a year ... brilliant way to punish the Old Firm ... forcing them to pay for fans that aren't there. LOL

Better than fining both clubs.

And what may your suggestion be then laughingboy?

Better than fining both clubs.

And what may your suggestion be then laughingboy?

No, no, let's have the Old Firm pay up for every fan they're not allowed to bring. The home team can decide exactly how many seats they would have sold to away fans. In our case I'd estimate we would sell about 9000 seats to Celtic next year, all adult of course, so we'll just take two cheques for the equivalent amount for next season, thanks.

Even better, this punishes ALL fans, including the vast majority who never cause bother. In the same vein I would love to have my club fined or being personally banned from games because other Thistle fans invaded the pitch twice this season and some idiots made themselves look fantastic goading the Pars away support. I would totally deserve that and be perfectly happy to be lumped in with a small percentage of morons.

No need for any other solutions, this one's perfect!

Edited by peagreenboy

I would urge Thistle fans to refrain from buying the Evening Times and the Herald until that eejit Chris Jack is given the bullet. Had you read his tweets earlier, you'd have been forgiven for believing nothing happened at the game. He now appears to be making justification for the behaviour by saying it was "always going to be highly charged". An incompetent idiot.

No, no, let's have the Old Firm pay up for every fan they're not allowed to bring. The home team can decide exactly how many seats they would have sold to away fans. In our case I'd estimate we would sell about 9000 seats to Celtic next year, all adult of course, so we'll just take two cheques for the equivalent amount for next season, thanks.

Even better, this punishes ALL fans, including the vast majority who never cause bother. In the same vein I would love to have my club fined or being personally banned from games because other Thistle fans invaded the pitch twice this season and some idiots made themselves look fantastic goading the Pars away support. I would totally deserve that and be perfectly happy to be lumped in with a small percentage of morons.

No need for any other solutions, this one's perfect!

Not at all, never perfect, but at least it's an opinion, what do you bring to the table most of the time........nothing but dire comparisons with 2 non violent pitch invasions. Lots of damage done by us bad thistle fans as well?

So please give us all some of your wisdom and tell us not what's wrong with our opinion but what you would suggest, just for once ...please.

Not at all, never perfect, but at least it's an opinion, what do you bring to the table most of the time........nothing but dire comparisons with 2 non violent pitch invasions. Lots of damage done by us bad thistle fans as well?

So please give us all some of your wisdom and tell us not what's wrong with our opinion but what you would suggest, just for once ...please.

You know just having an opinion isn't something to be proud of? Especially if it's fecking idiotic.

It is a bit daft to be like on the one hand - we don't need the old firm, we can do without them.. But on the other hand.... we want cash handouts from them to take into consideration the fans they would've brought had we needed them...

Edited by mrD

You know just having an opinion isn't something to be proud of? Especially if it's fecking idiotic.

So still not sharing your Devine wisdom with us?

Only good at throwing abuse, why not join one of the many Internet old firm forums and share some of your wisdom with them. Cos you ain't very informative with your opinion on here.

Just been shown on Sky Sports News. Highlights of the game shown along with footage of the flares thrown prior to the game and of the damage done to the JH stand. Hundreds of seats according to Sky, although they are prone to exaggeration. The damage did look quite extensive though.

Can someone please get in touch with Partick Thistle and ask the club to write to Celtic, Rangers and the Police and ask for apologies, compensation and explanations?

We had a family fun day on that pitch the day before and now look what has happened to our home. If my children saw that, they would be heart broken.

And think of this: this was an under 17 match. People talk about "passion" and "atmosphere". What are we teaching our children if football is about violence, flares, sectarian singing, hatred, biogtry and intolerance. I always find it hard playing football in front of a crowd - imagine how this felt for those players, many of whom are school boys.

I'd prefer not to say what I do for a living but believe me when I say that this type of culture is getting worse and worse. Rather than learn, educate and better yourself, entire families want to be involved in violence, hatred and bigotry because they are "bored".

This was a "school boy" game. Where were the parents of these "fans"? I hope they are ashamed.

I spent 21 years living in Europe's largest council estate and now i live in a very affluent area. I did this by hard work, love, support and having a team that I love, not beacause of hatred or bigotry.

I might save all these photos and videos for when my kids ask about celtic or rangers and why I am totally against them.

Celtic and rangers and these "supporters" are scum who bring shame on Glaswegians and the human race.

We don't want them at our stadium ever again.

#oldfirmnotwelcome

• Like 6

I spent 21 years living in Europe's largest council estate and now i live in a very affluent area. I did this by hard work, love, support and having a team that I love, not beacause of hatred or bigotry.

Sure you don't mean it that way, but the implication in that statement is that people remaining in "Europes largest council estate" (Castlemilk?)do so because they don't work hard, and have old firm allegiences?

If that is what you mean, thats well dodgy.

Edited by mrD

Sure you don't mean it that way, but the implication in that statement is that people remaining in "Europes largest council estate" (Castlemilk?)do so because they don't work hard, and have old firm allegiences?

If that is what you mean, thats well dodgy.

yes castlemilk. I'm from Holmbyre.

My point is that this sort of behaviour is great fun for people and they really, really relish it.

Like i say, don't want to go into what a do for a living but I have evidence that this is getting worse and worse. Violence for the sake of violence.

I'm from just round the corner croftfoot originally so a wee bit posher ;)

I'm a youthworker and the young'uns are a mixed bag as much as i remember when i was a kid, but i don't think my anecdotal experiences in my job puts me in a position to make judgements about general trends in society.

The best evidence would be sociological evidence i would think.

• Like 1

I'm a youthworker and the young'uns are a mixed bag as much as i remember when i was a kid, but i don't think my anecdotal experiences in my job puts me in a position to make judgements about general trends in society.

It don't think people say stuff like this on old firm forums.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to cause offence and i hope no one takes it that way. All i mean is that i could easily have supported the old firm when i was young but i saw the negative effects it can have on youths. You must have seen that in "The Valley" too? Boys who sing sectarian songs cos their mates do can often get in real bother in life.

And, as you know, council estates no longer exist. It's all local authority these days.

From my profession, I've seen the damage that supporting these clubs can do to families and this city.

Can you imagine if you had a son who was playing in that game tonight and you went along to see him with your family? It is disgusting. Like the papers said, it was like a war zone.

I will show those pictures to my kids to show what the old firm did to our ground and they will be very upset.

How can anyone support a team by violence, flares, sectarian singing and smashing the place up? That's not about football, that's about football hooliganism and we should not have to put up with it.

If you walk through Glasgow wearing an old firm shirt you run the risk of being stabbed or slashed. Fact.

if you wear a Thistle top, people come up to you and say "how did ye get on today mate?"

#oldfirmnotwelcome

It would be nice to think all sorts of attractive qualities emanate from ones football alligience - most often times an accident of birth but doesn't seem very plausable.

ETA that was in response to allyo

Edited by mrD

I'm not trying to cause offence and i hope no one takes it that way. All i mean is that i could easily have supported the old firm when i was young but i saw the negative effects it can have on youths. You must have seen that in "The Valley" too? Boys who sing sectarian songs cos their mates do can often get in real bother in life.

And, as you know, council estates no longer exist. It's all local authority these days.

From my profession, I've seen the damage that supporting these clubs can do to families and this city.

Can you imagine if you had a son who was playing in that game tonight and you went along to see him with your family? It is disgusting. Like the papers said, it was like a war zone.

I will show those pictures to my kids to show what the old firm did to our ground and they will be very upset.

How can anyone support a team by violence, flares, sectarian singing and smashing the place up? That's not about football, that's about football hooliganism and we should not have to put up with it.

If you walk through Glasgow wearing an old firm shirt you run the risk of being stabbed or slashed. Fact.

if you wear a Thistle top, people come up to you and say "how did ye get on today mate?"

#oldfirmnotwelcome

Realise the emotions are high, but im sure you know plenty of people who are rangers and celtic who are totally brand new.

Im sure there are people that have come foul of our nge in times gone by likewise.

Sectarianism is another factor but im too knackered (and got an exam tommorrow) to go into that discussion!

• Like 1