Tonight's Glasgow Cup

andyconnor

Realise the emotions are high, but im sure you know plenty of people who are rangers and celtic who are totally brand new.

Im sure there are people that have come foul of our nge in times gone by likewise.

Sectarianism is another factor but im too knackered (and got an exam tommorrow) to go into that discussion!

Good luck with the exam !!!!!

Fair enough. Think we could do with the revenue now we are in the spl. Think the breaking of seats is the issue that needs to be resolved as its 'liberty taking' and also has a cost. so should be reimbursed. Flares dont really bother me, don't want to be like keith lard (from phoenix nights) about health and safety issues ;)

Also, if celtic and rangers give themselves bad publicity, then its just more rope to hang them with - especially since celtic have been very slick with the PR stuff over the years.

In England, teams like Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal are popular all over the country because they are good teams and are hugely successful.

We all KNOW why Rangers and Celtic are so popular in Scotland and it has nothing to do with trophies and titles.

They can keep their money and their violence and their songs and their bigotry.

#oldfirmnotwelcome

• Like 1

Philosophy of Language tommorrow, and formal logic on friday. The logic exam makes me want to cry!

Probably better not ask any old firm fans about logic.................................

They hate each other because of violence in other countries centuries ago and so they smash up Firhill tonight

That has to make sense???!!?

Good report online from the sun. 'It was a white hot atmosphere just like the milan derby!!!' WTF?

Seemed to have missed the fact these animal wrecked all the seats in our stadium. Bloody scumbags the lot of them. Both these teams better be held accountable for this and pay for the repairs. I wont hold my breathe on that one though!

Dear peagreenboy,

I write in regards to your misappropriate use of the photograph with my friend and his 1 year old son.

Almost gleefully, you have now reproduced the image on not just one, but two threads.

Why would you make snide remarks about an individual that you don't know on the strength of a photograph?

And why, with no good reason, would you run down your own football club on threads associated with football violence?

I would ask that you kindly refrain from posting it again.

Speaking as both a friend of the accused and a supporter of Partick Thistle Football Club, not only do I find your motives for posting to be extremely offensive, but your kangaroo court judgement to be wildly inaccurate.

That boy has supported Thistle for 20 years ever since I took him along to the Tennents Sixes in the early 1990s and is a football man through and through. A wee bit daft in the heid sometimes, but in a good way, and a gentler soul you couldn’t meet. He’s a hard working boy and does everything for his family. As well as that he gives up his free time to voluntarily coach kids at grass roots level. He’s very well thought of by all in that community – officials, parents and boys alike. I hardly think he would have gained this level of respect were he to be anything remotely like the character you seem to have painted for the supposed benefit of everyone on this forum.

On a Thistle level, his loyalty to the cause is so extreme that he chose Peterhead over the birth of his first child in 2006. Both children are now season ticket holders and even the wife (who has clearly forgiven him his “Peterhead” moment) is a now a converted diehard herself. He is, in fact, a Thistle legend within a close circle in the East of Scotland.

In his hundreds of games over the years he has never ONCE been involved in ANY incident that could even remotely be associated with hooliganism or violence and for you to associate this photograph as such is, at best, misguided, and, at worst, outrageous.

On Saturday his exuberance took him onto the pitch to celebrate with his son. His “daft in the heid” side took over and he was singing “Going down, going down” to some Dunfermline fans. He’s even laughing while he’s singing it – it’s some way away from the bile and hatred surrounding the events at the Glasgow Cup Final. In hindsight, he’s a wee bit embarrassed about doing that now (time and a place has been mentioned). However, it’s hardly up there with the football hooligans referred to in this thread. Earlier on in the game there were hundreds of Thistle fans singing the same. I was one of them. Big deal. I mean, really, big deal. It really is nothing. Any one of us could have been captured in an unflattering moment at some time in our Thistle supporting history - pointing to away fans, screaming abuse at a referee, ranting at a bad tackle, whatever. For that image to be then used and abused and portrayed out of context to suit a journalistic agenda is a far worse crime.

I suspect a deep rooted social prejudice could lie at the heart of the matter here.

Surely Scotland’s already divided enough without presupposed class divisions being added into the mix?

There’s only one walloper on this thread.

And I can assure you, it’s not the guy in the photie.

• Like 6

I have written to the Glasgow FA to complain.

[email protected]

They run this competition its not the SFL/SPL of course.

http://www.glasgowfa...gowcup1213.html

So presumably they get the gate receipts and allocate appropriate sums to the competing clubs, to the host club and to their own account. Hope there's sufficient left to pay for the damage, because going on past experience neither of the OF will feel responsible for the actions of their 'small minority'!

Well, I'm shocked! The Daily Ranger has not brushed the carnage of last night under the carpet:

http://www.dailyreco..._medium=twitter

Looking at the photograph, the audience was almost entirely teenagers. Where could they have learned to behave in this way we wonder.? The sad fact is that this morning they will be glorying in having made the sports pages.

In some ways this is win-win for us. We will get all repair costs met, new seating and best of all a profile that we are not like the animals who visited last night. Reports will no doubt talk of a "tiny minority" who indulged but as far as I can seen the tiny minority is heaftily backed up by 90 minute bigots, glory hunters, or those who turn a blind eye to the animals' behaviour only then have you drilled doen to the "tiny minority" of these animals who are perhaps civilised or part civilised.

Two days after lifting the league trophy.

One day after our family fun day.

This picture says all we need to say about how the old firm are "helping support" teams like ours.

#oldfirmnotwelcome

BJC6SqUCIAA0YEb.jpg

I remember when my son was younger and we sat in the JH stand. As soon as he had the audacity to rest his tiny legs on the back of the empty seat in from of him, a steward materialised from out of nowhere to give him a telling off. If he perpetuated the heinous act of daring to take a drink from a plastic bottle of juice, another steward would similarly appear from the ether, take it of him and insist he drank out of a paper cup.

What the fack were the stewards/police doing when this carnage was going on all around them? The damage looks like it was done right at the front of the JH. On Saturday we witnessed the harassing of the Baby Shed for youthful exuberance. Four police and three stewards to watch over them for most of the match. Perhaps they would have been better singing bigoted songs and breaking the seats as it seems this means the police and stewards will leave you alone.

• Like 4

according to report in the herald, celtic coach tommy mcintyre commented: "the atmosphere was a great learning curve for our players..."

the man possesses a curious notion of education.

He's maybe looking towards the future when Sevco make it back to the SPL and they can experience the full-blown hate-fest. If ever there was a reason for wishing for a 2nd adminstration (and liquidation) - and the green check b*ggered off to some Euro league somewhere.

Edited by Mr Bunny

The sectarian singing, the flare-throwing, the vandalism, all going on in direct view of stewards and police. What on earth were the police (especially) doing? Nothing, it would seem. But just wait until it comes to sorting out security issues at Firhill for Thistle next season!

The first two (at least) have been going on all round Scotland's 3rd division grounds all season and how much has been done? Almost nothing - a couple of guys charged that's all. Amazing the amount of noise 2 guys singing can make.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Dear peagreenboy,

I write in regards to your misappropriate use of the photograph with my friend and his 1 year old .

In his hundreds of games over the years he has never ONCE been involved in ANY incident that could even remotely be associated with hooliganism or violence and for you to associate this photograph as such is, at best, misguided, and, at worst, outrageous.

On Saturday his exuberance took him onto the pitch to celebrate with his son. His “daft in the heid” side took over and he was singing “Going down, going down” to some Dunfermline fans. He’s even laughing while he’s singing it – it’s some way away from the bile and hatred surrounding the events at the Glasgow Cup Final. In hindsight, he’s a wee bit embarrassed about doing that now (time and a place has been mentioned). However, it’s hardly up there with the football hooligans referred to in this thread. Earlier on in the game there were hundreds of Thistle fans singing the same. I was one of them. Big deal. I mean, really, big deal. It really is nothing. Any one of us could have been captured in an unflattering moment at some time in our Thistle supporting history - pointing to away fans, screaming abuse at a referee, ranting at a bad tackle, whatever. For that image to be then used and abused and portrayed out of context to suit a journalistic agenda is a far worse crime.

There’s only one walloper on this thread.

And I can assure you, it’s not the guy in the photie.

@The Jukebox Rebel

You are totally spot on regarding thepeagreenboy. A total walloper whose clear inability to separate two entirely different events makes him look like an eejit. The events of last night involved vandalism and hooliganism. The pitch invasion on Saturday did not. In fact, quite the opposite. Conrad Balatoni came down to the pitch from the main stand to join in with us, wrapped his arms round me and my mate, and then joined us in singing championees. Aaron Muirhead was also loving it. Clearly not the same. It was a great end to a great home season and peagreenboy needs to understand the difference between action and intent.

That said The Jukebox Rebel, and I won't go down the guys throat too much because I know he's your pal, but your mates actions in goading the Dunfermline fans while carrying his young boy, were totally out of order and exactly the kind of behaviour we would expect from the green and blue idiots, not from a Jags fan. To be honest, I can't understand why he was at all motivated to goad the Fifers instead of focussing on celebrating with his fellow Harry Wraggs. But to do so whilst carrying his wee boy, is only exposing that boy to the kind of crap we expect from the Auld Firm. I went on to the Dunfermline fans forum after the game, and they praised the Jags fan in general, but picked out your mate as being the idiot who was the exception. He was getting called a typical weegie ned who wasn't fit to be a Dad etc. A bit harsh I accept, but otherwise, the Fifers would have singing our praises about how good we were and not discussing your mate. Quite simply, he let himself down, but he has embarrassed the club we all support as well. I know you mention he spends loads of time coaching kids etc. That is a great thing and I applaud him for that. But in many ways, that makes his actions worse. He should have known better. A whole lot better!

I genuinely don't mean to slate the guy, and I accept your word that he is a decent guy and a good friend. But we all need to remember we are trying to promote a family friendly club and that image of your mate does very little to enhance that.