John Brown V Stilian Petrov

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I read Stilian Petrov's statement this morning regarding his retirement from the game. Here is a guy who clearly loved playing football but is now looking forward to pressing on with his life and making a difference to other sufferers of leukaemia. I have a lot of respect for Stilian Petrov and hope that he manages to move forward with his life.

Compare this to John Brown, talking about quitting football if he gets fined due to a comment he made about diving. I wonder what Stilian Petrov, Fabrice Muamba or other players who have been forced out of the game due to serious health problems thought about this absolute nonsense. It would be great to see Dundee hold him to his comments and get him right out the door.

• Like 1

I read Stilian Petrov's statement this morning regarding his retirement from the game. Here is a guy who clearly loved playing football but is now looking forward to pressing on with his life and making a difference to other sufferers of leukaemia. I have a lot of respect for Stilian Petrov and hope that he manages to move forward with his life.

Compare this to John Brown, talking about quitting football if he gets fined due to a comment he made about diving. I wonder what Stilian Petrov, Fabrice Muamba or other players who have been forced out of the game due to serious health problems thought about this absolute nonsense. It would be great to see Dundee hold him to his comments and get him right out the door.

I really don't understand the point you're making...? JB's statement stands as moronic and ridiculous all on its own... It doesn't need to be compared and contrasted with anything.

I am not a fan of Brown but it is bizarre that he is facing disciplinary action. Pawlett got a two match ban for diving so the SFA has admitted that the officials were wrong. Managers should be free to question their controversial decisions, especially when they influence the result, in the media.

• Like 2

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I really don't understand the point you're making...? JB's statement stands as moronic and ridiculous all on its own... It doesn't need to be compared and contrasted with anything.

Just the general point that you have people having to make huge sacrifices through no fault of their own, and you have a moronic spoon John Brown making nonsense comments.

I just felt when the 2 were compared it made him look even more ridiculous than he did already. And I think the contrast is fair, as the 2 comments come very close to each other and show 2 people on the complete opposite ends of the scale. One guy loves football forced to sacrifice. Another guy making foolhardy comments about leaving football when he has every opportunity to stay in the game.

DOWN WITH JOHN BROWN

Just the general point that you have people having to make huge sacrifices through no fault of their own, and you have a moronic spoon John Brown making nonsense comments.

I just felt when the 2 were compared it made him look even more ridiculous than he did already. And I think the contrast is fair, as the 2 comments come very close to each other and show 2 people on the complete opposite ends of the scale. One guy loves football forced to sacrifice. Another guy making foolhardy comments about leaving football when he has every opportunity to stay in the game.

DOWN WITH JOHN BROWN

Well, it's not really a sacrifice if it's forced upon you... If JB left football to make his point, that would be a sacrifice. A moronic and ridiculous sacrifice, but still a sacrifice.

I don't think you can compare the two and like him or not he done well since going into the Dundee job.

They still got relegated but they did put up a fight.

The guy dived and cheated which resulted in a team being relegated.

He makes a comment about the cheat and is threatened to be punished even when those punishing him admit the guy did dive.

If you are banned / fined etc for making a statement which is fact then maybe guys who will be a bit outspoken shoud think if the modern game full of yes men is for them.

This Vince Lunny character seems to pick and choose which folk are punished and it's a joke at times.

Would also like to wish Stilian Petrov all the best in his retirement and hope he can beat the horrible illness that has ended his playing career.

I don't think you can compare the two and like him or not he done well since going into the Dundee job.

They still got relegated but they did put up a fight.

The guy dived and cheated which resulted in a team being relegated.

He makes a comment about the cheat and is threatened to be punished even when those punishing him admit the guy did dive.

If you are banned / fined etc for making a statement which is fact then maybe guys who will be a bit outspoken shoud think if the modern game full of yes men is for them.

This Vince Lunny character seems to pick and choose which folk are punished and it's a joke at times.

Would also like to wish Stilian Petrov all the best in his retirement and hope he can beat the horrible illness that has ended his playing career.

Brown got punished for shooting his mouth off telling the SFA they'd better punish the guy or he'd quit. He didn't wait to see what was going to happen, or let it just go through 'normal channels', i.e. referees' report which clubs give. Whether or not the guy did dive is irrelevant Brown's stance was arrogant and stupid and the SFA have no choice but to punish him (it may be a damp squid of a punishment in the end but that's by the way).

I know SFA members like Lunny, Ogilvy, Reagan etc have shown themselves to be useless if not predjudiced at times but they're still the governing body - so he's in the wrong. BTW as another poster said, Brown was quiet when a bad refereeing decision went in his favour so this is hardly about a good guy vs corrupt SFA. The old stopped clock being right once a day comes to mind.

Brown got punished for shooting his mouth off telling the SFA they'd better punish the guy or he'd quit. He didn't wait to see what was going to happen, or let it just go through 'normal channels', i.e. referees' report which clubs give. Whether or not the guy did dive is irrelevant Brown's stance was arrogant and stupid and the SFA have no choice but to punish him (it may be a damp squid of a punishment in the end but that's by the way).

I know SFA members like Lunny, Ogilvy, Reagan etc have shown themselves to be useless if not predjudiced at times but they're still the governing body - so he's in the wrong. BTW as another poster said, Brown was quiet when a bad refereeing decision went in his favour so this is hardly about a good guy vs corrupt SFA. The old stopped clock being right once a day comes to mind.

We seem to get very upset at the trivial things in football these days especially when it's folk we seem to have a dislike to that's doing it.

The player cheated and it doesn't annoy folk to the extent that a statement does from someone who is renowned to be a loose cannon at times.

The guy that cheated should be hammered and rightly so.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Archie came out with it or something similar if the same thing happened to Thistle next season and were relegated.

He would be quite rightly angry and could say something out of turn.

Would he be condemned for this on here.

Of course not but John Brown is an easy target for some reason. :)

Anyways to compare this of what Brown said to Petrov is laughable really

Edited by billko
  • Like 1

I'll tell you a story about said John Brown.

My bb team some 20 odd years ago completed a treble and as a reward we had a party arranged and that pr1ck was picked (by my H*n manager and assistant) to present our trophies and medals.

When it was my turn to go up for mine he says "so your another teddy bear then" i said no Partick Thistle...he actually laughed and said theres no hope for you then and brushed me aside...i was 11 years old at the time and i have never forgotten this.

Total w anker of the highest order

I'll tell you a story about said John Brown.

My bb team some 20 odd years ago completed a treble and as a reward we had a party arranged and that pr1ck was picked (by my H*n manager and assistant) to present our trophies and medals.

When it was my turn to go up for mine he says "so your another teddy bear then" i said no Partick Thistle...he actually laughed and said theres no hope for you then and brushed me aside...i was 11 years old at the time and i have never forgotten this.

Total w anker of the highest order

What a terrible guy he is (or should i say H*n he is) to have had such light hearted bit of banter with you that has actually scarred you for life.

FFS :D