Is There Going To Be A Centenary Fund Draw This Month

TMJ

Jags365,

What answer have the Trust been given as to why the Club are not banking their cheques?

You would think over a period when money was coming into the club on a pretty constant basis, that we'd be banking money, 2 or 3 times a week?

I know me and a few others have been quite vocal on the failings around the Club, but this is actually quite concerning.

Jags365,

What answer have the Trust been given as to why the Club are not banking their cheques?

You would think over a period when money was coming into the club on a pretty constant basis, that we'd be banking money, 2 or 3 times a week?

I know me and a few others have been quite vocal on the failings around the Club, but this is actually quite concerning.

We were told that Eddie P hadn't cashed them even though Ian Dodd had taken over the running of the CF. As you say, this is concerning and it actually also affects the Trust as we're getting our accounts done for AGM and it's not good practice having cheques not cashed.

ETA - All cheques were (are) sent to Firhill. One of the un-cashed cheques was even handed into the office.

Edited by jags365

We were told that Eddie P hadn't cashed them even though Ian Dodd had taken over the running of the CF. As you say, this is concerning and it actually also affects the Trust as we're getting our accounts done for AGM and it's not good practice having cheques not cashed.

Thought Eddie Prentice had left a long time ago and had nothing to do with the club, so why would he be in charge of paying items for the club

See we were having this same discussion nearly 1 year ago and Eddie had left the building then!!!!!!

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/6415-centenary-fund/page__p__101045__hl__eddie__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=101045

Edited by Norgethistle

Thought Eddie Prentice had left a long time ago and had nothing to do with the club, so why would he be in charge of paying items for the club

See we were having this same discussion nearly 1 year ago and Eddie had left the building then!!!!!!

http://www.wearethis...__1#entry101045

Eddie P was running the CF until Ian Dodd took over, which was round about April/May (club didn't tell us exactly when), though Eddie P had said he was only meant to be involved until December last year in a conversation with our treasurer.

What's the quote about the inmates and the asylum?

http://www.wearethis...__1#entry101045

It would seem to me that the bank account had never been signed over from Eddie to Ian Dodd.

If that's the case then it needs Eddie to process the payments before the draw can take place?

What hope is there that the CF accounts have been audited in the 3 years since Eddie left the boardroom?

Edited by potty trained

It would seem to me that the bank account had never been signed over from Eddie to Ian Dodd.

If that's the case then it needs Eddie to process the payments before the draw can take place?

What hope is there that the CF accounts have been audited in the 3 years since Eddie left the boardroom?

Honestly you couldn't make it up, the next question would be how much has the CF made, transferred to the club and has sitting in its account.

Yet another boshed job from the club, what is the boards plan? for us to fail and sell the whole ground? Only for Archie and the fans to mess that up.

All kidding aside we aren't trying to succeed off the park.

Edited by Norgethistle

So Eddie Prentice is still in charge?

Why has he not handed over the accounts? Why has no one thought to make him do this?

What has Ian Dodd actually done with the CF since he "took over".

Yet another director doing bugger all.

As far as the Trust have been told, Iain Dodd is in full control of the CF (I presume this means he has control of the bank account)

The CF has been audited jointly between the Trust and the club for the first two years - we await Iain Dodd giving us access to this years.

In regards to Ian's last question - I could only speculate.

As far as the Trust have been told, Iain Dodd is in full control of the CF (I presume this means he has control of the bank account)

The CF has been audited jointly between the Trust and the club for the first two years - we await Iain Dodd giving us access to this years.

In regards to Ian's last question - I could only speculate.

Out of interest is it close to the £100k a year target it was launched for, or nearer Bilkos £50k input for the club

Re the paypal comment, I called the club to ask about the delay. The person i spoke to on the phone, had no idea that there was a problem. I was put on hold (a bit like the draw) and was then told that it was due to a problem with Paypal not allowing money to be collected for gambling. I believed this, then realised that we (mugs?) pay by standing order.

I'm withdrawing my £20 payment on Saturday when i get to a bank.

And why was the 800 club not allowed to operate?

anyone who does what TMJ will do, cannot be blamed.

sure such contributions won't be missed, i am, as we are clearly a wonga top heavy club and don't need to worry about stupid fan funded revenue streams.

beattie and co must be so pwoud of themselves and how well these fantastic directors are performing.

I'm now deeply concerned about what is happening to the CF money every month.

Wouldn't trust Eddie Prentice as far as I could throw him.

I think the time has come to make a complaint to the relevant regulatory body. Not nice to grass up your own club, but they simply aren't dealing with this, and from what we've heard from the trust, it hasn't been dealt with properly in over a year.

Got to agree Ian, it's getting really worrying.

i know loads of folk have given, mainly, you me and Norge a torrent for persisiting with making our frustration known. But its now getting to the stage where anger is getting replaced with fear.

Its all very well us sitting here complaining about the failings of certain aspects. but when it comes to light that things are actually a lot worse, its time to actually worry.

regards eddie, remember this is the guy who was taking a part time wage of 30K+ a year to run the CF, so i defy anyone to argue he has the clubs best interests at heart. something needs to be done to remove the CF accounts from his grip.

The club needs to put a full and frank explanation of what the bloody hell is going on here.

Leap of Faith?

I think the club have to be given the chance to explain what has gone wrong before any official complaint is made. Then if the answer is unacceptable then the complaint goes to the regulator/whoever.

IMO the complaint should come from the JT in the first instance as they are the "independent" auditors of the CF. Would finally give them a chance to prove they are worth something to the fan base.

• Like 1

I have just checked my number in the prize list and I find that I have won twice! £20 and £100. I haven't received anything and when I looked deeper the draw where I won £100 has my number but someone elses name. This is scary. Has anyone ever received a prize?

Fcuk sake - that's bad.

I have just checked my number in the prize list and I find that I have won twice! £20 and £100. I haven't received anything and when I looked deeper the draw where I won £100 has my number but someone elses name. This is scary. Has anyone ever received a prize?

I think the onus has always been on the winner to come forward. It's not right that this is the case, but then again when I won a signed ball I really couldn't care less so never bothered.

I think the onus has always been on the winner to come forward. It's not right that this is the case, but then again when I won a signed ball I really couldn't care less so never bothered.

Why should that be necessary if they have everyone's details?

Regards Southside Jag's issue, if that is accurate then that's something else requiring a full explanation.

I'm glad I never joined the CF.