Is There Going To Be A Centenary Fund Draw This Month

TMJ

I'm now deeply concerned about what is happening to the CF money every month.

Wouldn't trust Eddie Prentice as far as I could throw him.

I think the time has come to make a complaint to the relevant regulatory body. Not nice to grass up your own club, but they simply aren't dealing with this, and from what we've heard from the trust, it hasn't been dealt with properly in over a year.

Ian give the club a chance before heading to any regulatory body. Forget about getting caught up in this and continue the excellent work you did last season which had a huge positive impact on Jags fans, particularly S&G

allyo, I think on the specific of the CF it should be noted that there appears to more than just a few non Jags fans that pay into it. As I posted earlier while I'm happy enough to buy raffle tickets for a local rugby club, kids football team etc I'd be pretty miffed if I heard the draw never took place. I'm only talking about the odd quid here and fiver there. Non jags fans are paying a minimum of £60 for the privilege.

Added to that is a suspicion that prizewinners may not all receive their winnings. I would suggest that many either don't access the official website to check if they are winners just like I wouldn't follow up a charitable raffle to see who the winners were.

As for the wider negative attitudes towards the Club in general there's two points I can make. Firstly if you agree that the CF is being run shabbily and is in itself a serious matter then secondly would you not question all other aspects of the way the Club is being run and to its attitude towards the supporters? In all seriousness if you can't even run a raffle properly........

Reluctant to bring this thread back to the top (above the shamelessly positive one) but I should probably reply.

You probably have a fair point. I'd like to see the club being given the benefit of the doubt more than it has been on certain issues, and I think it's clear that they're struggling a bit with the increased demands behind the scenes. But it does sound like the CF draw is something that there is an urgent need to be addressed.

I would still maintain that a smooth, entirely professionally run football club is a lot to ask. I doubt there are many.

Edited by allyo

Reluctant to bring this thread back to the top (above the shamelessly positive one) but I should probably reply.

You probably have a fair point. I'd like to see the club being given the benefit of the doubt more than it has been on certain issues, and I think it's clear that they're struggling a bit with the increased demands behind the scenes. But it does sound like the CF draw is something that there is an urgent need to be addressed.

I would still maintain that a smooth, entirely professionally run football club is a lot to ask. I doubt there are many.

There is entirely professional and then what we have at the moment which is towards the other end of the spectrum, the hard thing is with a little investment (Not just cash) in the processes and the people we would be towards the other end, it can't be that difficult to draw 12 numbers once a month

And there it is - the classic acceptance of mediocrity, it's starting to sum us up as a fan base.

Look around the other clubs in the SPFL - St Johnstone, St. Mirren for starters. Both of similar size to us. St Johnstone actually had a lower average gate than us last year, and they were a league above!

And yet, they qualified for Europe and had one of the best results in their history by beating Rosenborg.

St. Mirren won the league cup last year.

Now take a look at how they run things off the park. Not perfect, but light years ahead of us.

Now are you telling me that there is no correlation between their off the field and on the field activities?

We need to take the next step now. We've seen what can happen if we just sit back and pat ourselves on the back. Last time we did it we were back in division 2 within three seasons.

• Like 1

Finally its drawn and already mentioned the next draw, perhaps "moanin" on here has worked, as the site is obviosly "monitored" by those in the padded chairs with the rugs., although for some it may be too little too late from the club.

Interesting statement at the foot of the article on the OS though

"Future draws will revert to the original date of 15th of the relevant month." but only once in 2 years have they ever been drawn on time, but good to see them setting stretch goals.

I now have seen on the website that all the draws have been done and up to date I think it's poor that it has taken numerous complaints from people to get this done I just wonder if its to little to late as a lot of folk seem to have withdrawing there contribution and also folk that won prizes months ago still to recieve them

I now have seen on the website that all the draws have been done and up to date I think it's poor that it has taken numerous complaints from people to get this done I just wonder if its to little to late as a lot of folk seem to have withdrawing there contribution and also folk that won prizes months ago still to recieve them

Augusts draw is already late, and I bet you a sporting solutions pie Septembers is late too

• Like 1

Put it on Bilko,, you know you want to :fan:

The conversion begins

A bit late for you saying that and it fits perfect.

Been winding my son up as the youth team he is in don't have the new kit yet and told him imagine me getting to wear the new top before you. :D

Going to get it framed and put up in his bedroom wall. (maybe after i have worn it a couple of times) :rolleyes:

• Like 3

A bit late for you saying that and it fits perfect.

Been winding my son up as the youth team he is in don't have the new kit yet and told him imagine me getting to wear the new top before you. :D

Going to get it framed and put up in his bedroom wall. (maybe after i have worn it a couple of times) :rolleyes:

Its started Bilko, you canny stop it, this time next year you'll have a Jags tattoo

• Like 1

We still waiting on Augusts draw that was stated in OS a week ago?? "The August draw will be completed early next week when all relevant bank statements have been received and processed." not sure how we determine early in the week? would it not have made more sense to do 2 draws at the one time as the next draw is due in 2 weeks now...... or is drawing 2 together too simple

To get bank statements or to get Eddie in the room??

Just done a check on the site, the bank is Bank of Scotland (Jags Pot Society as the account header!!!!), now I know the Bank of Scotland do internet banking, so say on the 7th of the month we do a online statement for the previous month (This allows for a 1 or 2 day lag in payment clearing), dump it to excel as you can and tally the names of those paid against the names of those in the list of members. Set the filter on the bank statement alphabetically and the same on our list of members, checked in an hour. Eddie wouldnt even need to go into the bank, just pull the data and send it to Firhill.