Predictions For Next Season

SussexJag

1. We either finish 5th or last (unless Hearts get docked)

2. We horse united on opening day in front of 8,000 with paton getting sent off for a wild lunge on muirhead, and erskine subbed - the latter is dignified and claps the jags support despite being booed by some; mcnamara is sent to the stand for protesting about paton's red.

3. By October Muirhead and Bannigan are either being tipped for caps or are out injured for ghe season.

4. By November Archie is touted as the next great manager from the wild west, and is the subject of patronising articles by Graham Spiers about a tough but fair upbringing, and spurious links to the Moyes or Lambert families.

5. In December there is a tabloid sensation about a 'night club incident' involving several of the squad. Archie talks darkly of 'responsibilities'.

6. By January Macnamara is sacked by united and takes them to court over unpaid bonuses.

• Like 1

3) This will be the season when we finally land a major trophy. The experience and disappointment of the Challenge Cup will be put to good use as we finally get a run of decent Scottish Cup draws........

This is what I'm most excited about by being in the SPL - the chance that we could emulate Kilmarnock or St Mirren and actually win a major trophy again. In my lifetime, please...

• Like 2

I'm fearful of the complacency the Hearts situation could breed in everyone. Sure, there's the points gap and the transfer embargo and the playing staff losses, etc., but still ...

I don't believe that will be allowed to affect us. We will be favourites to finish bottom, but i fancy us to do quite well. I would have loved to have kept Erskine, Paton & Craig and really hope we don't lose Lawless, but i think we have a confident young squad and we will add to it. I can see us finishing around 9th and players like Balatoni, Bannigan, Sinclair and Muirhead will shine & go on to bigger & better in the future. I just hooe we can hold on to Archie & Shaggy for the season

I'm fearful of the complacency the Hearts situation could breed in everyone. Sure, there's the points gap and the transfer embargo and the playing staff losses, etc., but still ...

Fair point, although I doubt we will be taking it easy. For a newly promoted team like ours, I'd imagine most games will seem massive for a while. I think if we start well we should be able to get relatively safe quite quickly. I'd rather see us have a good go at the cups rather than worrying about top six or whatever. I think we may have a side who can beat anyone on their day as it were.

Can't see complacency being a factor for our side, although others (Killie perhaps) might get drawn into that mindset.

But only if the Emperor of Japan is in making a state visit to London as the then Sons of Heaven (not the Tokyo branch of the Dumbarton Supporters Club) did in 1921 and 1971.

But he visited last year, so that must be broke. Unless the Challange Cup could be counted. Which of course it doesn't 'cause we didn't win it anyway.

We will have a magnificent season. But being Thistle we will be runners up in ALL 3 competitions. Last minute dodgy penalties in the 123rd minute of each cup final and a 99th minute dodgy penalty by Celtic against relegated Hearts to win the title by 1 goal, even though Thistle done the busines that day by beating Dundee United 15-0 at Tannadice.

• Like 1

1. Charles Green sells his Rangers shares to buy Hearts' and Tynecastle with the proceeds.

2. Ally McCoist is sacked by Rangers on Christmas Eve with Ibrox club in the relegation zone.

3. Jackie McNamara is sacked by the Arabs on 2nd January and replaced by Craig Levein.

4. Chris Erskine submits a transfer request in late January as Levein omits him from his 6 man midfield.

5. Airdrieonians go into administration in April and are taken over by Clydebank in May.

Edited by kni

1/I predict pundits hitting out with the usual cliches about us all season "breath of fresh air" etc etc

Don't forget "... not just here to make up the numbers", "... they'll be hard to break down", and "... I've not seen much of them this season".

For some reason I hear all of them said in Billy Dodds' voice ...