Proper Versions Of Our Chants

gerrybritton9

Surely there is a band/ recording studio who could make up studio versions of "Maryhill is Wonderful", "Do Do Do Conrad Balatoni", "King of Spain" etc...

We could play these over the PA system at relevant points or at half time.

When I was wee, I remember listening to "Thistle are rising, they're coming alive again...." when I was at the games. And that was a TERRIBLE song!

What do you think?

Surely there is a band/ recording studio who could make up studio versions of "Maryhill is Wonderful", "Do Do Do Conrad Balatoni", "King of Spain" etc...

When I was wee, I remember listening to "Thistle are rising, they're coming alive again...." when I was at the games. And that was a TERRIBLE song!

What do you think?

I still play that in the bedroom when I get lucky

This is a point I've made a few times-we should have a repertoire of Thistle songs played before kick off. And the North Stand should start singing along to Follow Thistle, played in the minutes before the team comes out. They're our songs, and I'd rather hear them than some current pop pish. Save that for half time...

sorry if I've caused offence, but that song brings back bad memories of the 80s.

Ever been to Hampden for a Scotland game? How much do you cringe at half time when they play the song which goes:

"Way down in bonnie scotland there's a football team........................ go go, go bonnie scotland go. Scotland be good"

Anyway, the point still stands - Can we have a 21st century proper version of our chants?

What do you think?

IMO football chants recorded in a studio sound sterile, unexciting and lacking in atmosphere. Nothing can compare to the sound of the Northies or the Star & Garter choir.

It would be good to have a recording of the North Stand in full voice. A good rendition of 'Oh Maryhill...' makes my hair stand on end and fills me with pride.

There are many college/uni courses in sound/audio/media locally. It would be great to set up a live recording session at half time and save a record for posterity or for the bonus disc of the eagerly awaited DVD of last season.

sorry if I've caused offence, but that song brings back bad memories of the 80s.

Ever been to Hampden for a Scotland game? How much do you cringe at half time when they play the song which goes:

"Way down in bonnie scotland there's a football team........................ go go, go bonnie scotland go. Scotland be good"

Thistle Are Rising isn't one of my favourite Jags songs either, but I quite like Scotland B Goode, purely because it came out at a time when Scotland actually qualified for major tournaments and it takes me back there. Doh ah Deer, on the other hand ...

Edited by Guy Incognito