Kallum Higginbotham

Chachi

Sounds a decent prospect for us, far better than the Liverpool youngster who you now struggle to see getting any action. But is it just me that thinks its a bit of a sad state of affairs that an English League One reject is considered a good signing for the SPL?

Can't see Kallum starting against County, barring injury is there any reason why Archie won't start with the same team as last week?

Not on Tuesday night's evidence. Best midfield just now by far - or the fittest and most mobile, at least - is Fraser, Bannigan, Welsh, Craigan and Lawless. Craigan's place may be under threat due to Higginbotham's arrival but there's no way Fraser, Bannigan or Welsh should be displaced to accommodate a player that the sages of Aberdeen assure us is good.

I didn't mean definite starter for Saturday, I meant throughout the season (quite early on in the season) I believe he'll force his way into that midfield and stay there. Wasn't there on Tuesday, been down in England for work, and I thought Fraser was excellent last Friday. However, I do think if the 'sages' of Aberdeen and other SPL teams say we've got a quality player, we've probably got a quality player...and he's a natural defensive midfielder which will come in handy for most games this season.

Sounds a decent prospect for us, far better than the Liverpool youngster who you now struggle to see getting any action. But is it just me that thinks its a bit of a sad state of affairs that an English League One reject is considered a good signing for the SPL?

Can't see Kallum starting against County, barring injury is there any reason why Archie won't start with the same team as last week?

First, Huddersfield play in the Championship. Second, a lot of their fans seem to think he didn't get a chance, so I don't think it's as simple as being a reject.

Third, while we played well last week, we didn't create many chances. I think KH can help improve that aspect of our play tomorrow. I'd start him in place of Craigan, who I think is better as a CM but we have really good depth in that position.

Huddersfield were a League One side when he signed for them and he hasn't featured in a single game for them in the Championship (although he did play a handful of games on loan at Barnsley). Last season he was loaned out to Carlisle in League One and he ended up losing his place in their team to one of their youth players and got sent back early from his loan spell. So I think that's fair to say he didn't make it in League One.

The new manager did give him a chance in pre-season this summer, but the fact the only friendlies he started were as an overage player in their development side says it all. To be fair, they are now firmly a Championship side and and when you look at the attacking players they've signed this summer in Adam Hammill, Jon Stead and James Vaughan (all with Premiership experience), you can understand why they decided just to let him go.

Fair enough point on starting him over Craigan to help us be more creative, but can't really see him being thrown straight into the starting line-up when he barely knows the players.

Edited by soulful_jag

Not that it's a recognisable guage by any means, indeed far from it, but the three signings that will have our rivals sitting up to take notice are our three most recent signings. Osbourne & Higginbotham and to a considerably lesser extent, Colina, are three players that to the media, other fans and who knows to many other club managers will be above the radar.. Apart from that I doubt there's few players the bulk of our rivals will even know about. I think more than a few are in for an unfortunate (for them) surprise.